Developer Bulletin: Patch 1.6.0

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

ZeroTigra #1 Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:22 PM

Airman Basic

• Developer
  • 0 battles

By popular request from our NA players, we would like to provide you with a look at a few upcoming changes in future versions of World of Warplanes. The main purpose of this preview is to share with the players things that we have worked on in preparation of these versions!  

Disclaimer: Please note that this preview is not the official 1.6 patch notes, and may not contain all the changes in the update. We may alter or remove some of mentioned changes if there are any technical or any otherwise necessary reasons to do so.

But let’s get back to business!

Update 1.6 is will introduce an array of new additions to the game that are aimed at both beginners as well as experienced players.

One of the anticipated features of 1.6 is the final preparation before the release of Clans. Clans will be common for both WoT and WoWP games. Please follow our portal news for the launch date. 
Also, looking a bit ahead, we would like to tell our players that starting from version 1.7 we will be totally revision training room functionality for the needs of Esports. It is too early now to say exactly what changes will be implemented, but we have it on our roadmap starting from 1.7.

One of the most prominent changes in Update 1.6 is the modification of the tech trees, which will now include a new class of planes: the multirole fighters. As their name implies, these fighters are able to successfully attack both enemy aircraft and ground targets due to their flexible weapons configuration, which allows them to mount bombs/rockets and high-caliber guns. We faced the necessity of these changes after introducing new Focke-Wulf tree. Due to their specific characteristics these planes have taken a place between fighters and heavy fighters, without being a pure representative of either of them. New multirole fighters are purposed to attack light ground targets and then join the dogfight. 

One more reason for adding multirole fighters—which are able to destroy ground targets—lies in the previously introduced complex ground objects, and the subsequent changes in Superiority mode. We expect that by increasing the number of aircraft that are effective against ground targets, we will add tactical diversity in the current game mode. We also expect that players who could not master (or simply did not like) ground attack aircraft or heavy fighters, but would still like to take part in the “ground game” as well, will have a great possibility to do so.

We’re also glad to introduce a new branch of aircraft featuring the long-awaited USSR MiG fighters. The key characteristics of planes of this branch are its excellent speed and altitude performance; MiGs are great high-altitude fighters that excel at vertical maneuvers.

Some tier 7 premuim planes are coming too.

A lot of work was done on balancing guns and cannons. After the release of 1.5, we received lots of complaints saying that cannons became useless and guns appeared to be too effective. We thoroughly studied statistics and analyzed balance parameters and made necessary adjustments. Although the balance is an area that cannot remain unchanged, we hope that the players will appreciate the revision of weapon balance in version 1.6, and we look forward to your feedback from Common Test.
Another thing that should be mentioned is the transition to a more functional and stable sound engine WWISE. In this connection, a sound picture of the battle has undergone some changes. In particular, weapon sounds changed, extra effects in voice messages added, other effects sounds were changed. We will continue working on a sound in future versions.

Among the other important refinements that we plan to implement in version 1.6 there are:

• Improvements in control profiles. Multiple mistakes were fixed in the Mouse control profile, and new possibilities were added for those who use both mouse and keyboard. For gamepads, we changed the trigger signal processing logic, allowing for better functionality when executing commands bound to the triggers.  
  • Some of mistakes in the Matchmaker logic were fixed:
  • Improved flight-balancing algorithm
  • Adjusted the issue where there were more planes two tiers lower than the top tier, but fewer planes one tier lower 
  • Fixed the problem that caused a disproportionate number of ground attack aircraft and heavy fighters (compared to fighters)
  • New players will benefit from being matched up with other beginners for a longer period of time, before being matched up with more experienced players 
  • We listened to your feedback and analyzed the statistic data for Superiority mode, and we have made some adjustments, including tuning the speed of the Superiority scale, and reducing the HP for armored segments of ground targets.
  • Among the pleasant “Quality of Life” improvements, we would like to mention addition of a “Fill with bots” button to training rooms. This feature surely will be positively saluted by the majority of players who use training rooms. 
  • A lot of not-as-big—but not less important!—adjustments were made to user interface. Work on in-battle and game interface will continue in future updates. 

Version 1.6 is looking very promising, and we are looking forward to hearing your feedback from the Common Test!

hawkeyededic #2 Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:14 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 3465 battles
Thank you for providing the community with this bulletin.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

Guru_2001 #3 Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6148 battles

Finally the Update we have been waiting for.The new features and fixes seem interesting.

Cant wait for it.GJ WG.

Wolfrum #4 Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:17 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4808 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

You say improvements in the control profiles.

Does that include Joystick? Or are we still not considered a priority?

-Wolf

A veteran is someone who at some point wrote a cheque to their country that was 'up to and including my life'

woofman34 #5 Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 6650 battles
  • [SG] SG
Excellent ! :honoring:  Now lets hope everyone downloads the CT server and we have plenty of testers when its ready . Advance notice is awesome .. and you have covered many current issues ... Thanks ..

Fuzzybrainlizard #6 Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:38 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7316 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN
Thank for taking the time to share this information.
Fuzzybrainlizard

woofman34 #7 Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 6650 battles
  • [SG] SG
Is there any estimated Idea when the test server will be downloadable ?

Edited by woofman34, 10 October 2014 - 05:16 PM.

Mackunaima #8 Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20718 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostZeroTigra, on 10 October 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

We’re also glad to introduce a new branch of aircraft featuring the long-awaited USSR MiG fighters. The key characteristics of planes of this branch are its excellent speed and altitude performance; MiGs are great high-altitude fighters that excel at vertical maneuvers.

My wonderful little jewels are coming.

I love the story of these aircraft.

I hope my La-160 is not jealous. :trollface:

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

vuuduu #9 Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:41 PM

• Open Beta Tester
  • 56363 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Did you have to create this account just to make this post?
...look Mommy, there's an airplane up in the sky...

Magdalna #10 Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6756 battles

Block Quote

We faced the necessity of these changes after introducing new Focke-Wulf tree.

Huh.

Can't wait to see the changes :)

FlakValleyExpress #11 Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:50 PM

Captain

• 11981 battles

Thank you OP for the information.Here's what I believe is the source on the RU WoWP forums link

Priolia RU WoWP Developer is the person that posted this information on the RU WoWP forums. I suspect the OP is the same person

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 10 October 2014 - 05:01 PM.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Fidei Defensor of WoWP,  Fortissimus Spei,  Amicus Autem Multis

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

To clear WoWP Cache -Please press the windows key + r to open the 'run' dialog. Then type in %temp%\wargaming.net Then delete the "wowp" folder. This will clear the game cache

CogKnispel #12 Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:52 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2160 battles
  • [PROWL] PROWL

Thank you so very much.

Its always nice to have the information and I for one will be getting a crap ton of the new planes.

I can't wait.

GeorgePatton #13 Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:58 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7716 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Thank you very much for the advance notice of what's going on! We really appreciate it here in the NA region!

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

MARS_REVENANT #14 Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:58 PM

Major

• 33800 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
Is there a time frame for the 1.6 CT and Release?

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Tuesdaysgone #15 Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:58 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6647 battles
My wonderful little jewels are coming.  Oh no Mack with a mig, yikes:ohmy:

"Virgil Caine is my name, and I served on the Danville train"
Not Scared to play SOLO!

BrushWolf #16 Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:00 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10764 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
The match maker changes should probably been mini patched but are still welcome. I like the idea of adding fighter/bombers although that still doesn't address people trying to take out GT's that don't know what they are doing in planes that are not designed to survive in that environment but you can't fix people unless they are willing to accept help.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Mackunaima #17 Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20718 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostTuesdaysgone, on 10 October 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

My wonderful little jewels are coming.  Oh no Mack with a mig, yikes:ohmy:

Now I can pursue HF's until the end of the world ... :child: lol

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

Sh3rm4n_97 #18 Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:08 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [D0NGR] D0NGR
Hmm, interesting.

losttwo #19 Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:09 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

First I would like to thank you for the update notes of the soon approaching patch.

WOW it did make me laugh. You introduced Multi- Role fighters with the introduction of the bombs and rockets on fighters,

That would have been back in ...well ...a long time ago.

The F2G is such a multi-role plane.

The F4U is such a plane, sure it can carries rockets that are effective against AAA guns or other yellow boxes

P-51H carries rockets.

P-40 carries rockets.

The write up is good and makes me happy I have been flying MY MULTI-ROLE planes for so long.

Perhaps this will put a stop to all those unintelligent people crying about  Fighters should not attack ground targets.

Edited by losttwo, 10 October 2014 - 05:11 PM.

Tuesdaysgone #20 Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:13 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6647 battles

View PostMackunaima, on 10 October 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

Now I can pursue HF's until the end of the world ... :child: lol

Yea pursue HF's,, nice, hey,, what's a HF?:unsure:

"Virgil Caine is my name, and I served on the Danville train"
Not Scared to play SOLO!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users