Joystick sensitvity settings for I-16

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

thammond #1 Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:41 PM

Senior Airman

• 4 battles

I have a Logitech Wingman Extreme joystick.  I went through the sensitivity adjustments when I first started as it was way too sensitive to fight effectively, and got a setting that seemed to be pretty good.  I had that setting through all the tier; I, II, most of III, and a couple of IV planes with no issues and good sensitivity across various planes/types.

However, I just recently added the I-16(e) to my hanger and it acts like the joystick is way too sensitive again with this plane.  Also it seems to get worse as the flight progresses.  When I go back to any another plane, the joystick sensitivity is just fine.   Not sure if this is some type of bug or if I may need to adjust settings some more, but don't want to make it bad for the rest of the planes to get the I-16 good.

Has anyone experienced this with this plane or anything similar?  If so what did you do about it? 

oldiowaguy #2 Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 143 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
The I-16 is just that touchy. Personally, I put the rockets on it when I started flying it just to slow the turning down. Keep flying it with your current setup, eventually you will get the hang of it. Once you do, you will be turning inside most everyone and lighting them up! Good luck!

buddha222 #3 Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 514 battles

It used to be that settings seemed fine for me with attack planes and heavy fighters, controls went real smooth.

I jump into a nimble fighter like I-16 and I'd be all over the place, a quick turn and I'd roll the plane over twice. It seemed like I needed one JS setting for fighters, and another for the rest.

You can tweak the settings so they aren't that responsive, but the planes still need a light touch. After a while though, I find that I like how responsive it is in those fighters.

Alpha Tester - WoWp                         Alpha Tester - WoT: Generals                Alpha Tester  - WoWs           

Beta Tester - Total War: Arena     -    World of Tanks                      

Bear_1947 #4 Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:58 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 56 battles
Practice, Practice, Practice. Try a Bot battle or two to get the hang of it. It does require a light touch even if you are coming from another light fighter. The rocket idea is a good one. Gotta try that. Calico

WoTSig_zps60137acc.png

Sopwith_ #5 Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 163 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_
Pretty much what has been already stated, find a setting you are comfortable with then each type of aircraft requires in battle sensitivity adjustment of your reflexes ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users