logitech 3d pro settings

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Chuck_norris10 #1 Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:14 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1678 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

Anyone have a new configuration that works?

I have tried everything and am getting tired of ramming my own team mates because of how bad the plane flys.

Out of desperation I even plugged in my old logitech wingman which worked before and it's totally unflyable,can barely turn and when it does the plane jumps 5 to 10 meters at a time.I feel for anyone using the old stick.

Got not bad results using 3d pro from the settings but you cant tweak anything or it go's to custom and I like my boost on the keyboard,not having to guess where it is on the throttle. Still their setting is not good,rocket kills seem impossible now which used to be fairly easy for me to get.

Standard custom at default is just plain ugly.

I'm looking for all axis settings and all the rest like sideslip compo etc.

I'm getting desperate and ready to give up after 15,000 matches flying nice and gracefull with fluid like motions on the joystick.

Right now I'll go broke hitting team mates at this rate and if I wanted to play asteroids I would.

I'm jerking around like a headless chicken on bad acid.

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 12 September 2014 - 07:15 PM.

von_Krimm #2 Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:26 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Community Ace
  • 435 battles
I needed to bump my pitch, roll, & yaw axis settings sensitivity up to 70% in the logitech profiler from 50% to eliminate the lack of response resulting from the 1.5-1.5.1 patchs.
I like my <CENSORED> like I like my <CENSORED> ; aged <CENSORED> to <CENSORED> years and mixed-up with <CENSORED> .If you take fire from the spouse-AA about the former, launch flares and dump chaff: $$$visa$$$amex$$$vonKrimm2.png

raven_72 #3 Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:34 PM

Master Sergeant

• 108 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Dump the logitech and buy the Saitek X52 Pro.  Had the same problem with Logitech.  The X52 is smooth and with more functions.  GL HF!

Chuck_norris10 #4 Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:00 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1678 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View Postvon_Krimm, on 12 September 2014 - 02:26 PM, said:

I needed to bump my pitch, roll, & yaw axis settings sensitivity up to 70% in the logitech profiler from 50% to eliminate the lack of response resulting from the 1.5-1.5.1 patchs.

I'll try that,just did 15 matches and my wrist is almost too sore to play anymore.

Nasty29 #5 Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:16 PM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

Hey Chuck, I saw that you replied to Lou's thread "My Logitech Wingman Extreme 3D pro settings for 1.5" a few weeks back.  Did you try his settings?

When I saw his post originally I hastily made the settings he suggested.  It made a big difference but something was still off for me.  I swear I tried and tried tweaking but it just wasn't the same.  I was really on the verge of thinking I couldnt play anymore.  I even went to buy another Log 3D JS thinking out of desperation it might be that.  That day I went back to his post and I noticed I goofed it up.  I left some individual Yaw/Pitch/Roll setttings out.  When i did it correctly it made THE WORLD of difference.

Give it a shot if you haven't already and I hope it helps.  I am still not crazy about 1.5 but at least I feel like I'm much better off then right after the patch dropped.

Good luck bud.

Lou #6 Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 37 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Thanks, Nasty29.

Chuck, try out those settings and pm me if you need some help

Edited by Lou, 13 September 2014 - 12:58 AM.

Para_doxxx #7 Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:37 AM

Master Sergeant

• 57 battles

I just put in the same settings I had before the last 2 patches,adjusted the curve on my 3 flight axis, I am more accurate now than I was before ....don't know why but I am.

Chuck_norris10 #8 Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:04 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1678 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

Ya,I only did pitch last time and it is better but the light fighters will give me tendonitis flying them like this,I can finally fly my yak again.

Magnum62 #9 Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:03 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5 battles
Tried Crazy Zouave's settings,  and it seems to be doing a little better (at least for me).  

ViolentAngel #10 Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

FWIW...

I tried using the Logitech 18 months back (what was that 1.2, .3?) I gave it about a month or two before conceding that the mouse was a better option. Seeing all the posts about how the JS controls are so bad now, thought I'd pull that bad boy out of the box again to try it with 1.5.1. I flew around shooting at bots for a couple of hours while tweaking a few of the settings, and tried each type of aircraft (LF/HF/GA) in tier 5.

I didn't change the sensitivity settings at all for yaw/pitch/roll - but... I felt that the default settings were pretty good as long as the camera view was fully zoomed out. When zoomed in (i.e. close to the plane, but not sniper mode), the controls definitely felt more jerky, making it difficult to control.

I've been using mouse controls for a long time now with the camera mode set to horizon. Couldn't find any setting for JS. It seems it's always set to fixed on plane. Changing the available camera settings didn't have a noticeable difference for me. So now I'm kinda dizzy, my wrist is on fire, and I'm sure I wouldn't last 30 seconds in a public match trying to use the JS.

On the plus side, it seemed to work pretty well for the GA - probably because I wasn't trying to do loops and turns and all that. For the HF it was alright, and for the LF my performance was terrible. There were a few advantages over the mouse control - well, one really - when I told the plane to go somewhere, it went there (instead of some odd almost-there direction). I think most of my problem was due to not being used to the JS camera perspective (fixed on plane and zoomed out).

The best improvement I notice for handling came from the camera zoom: farther out the better - IF you are using/starting with the default sensitivity as I was.

If your preference is for the camera to be zoomed/closer in, then you will likely need to lower the sensitivity for both yaw and pitch.

"Fiery the Angels rose, & as they rose deep thunder roll’d"

-- William Blake

Olaffe #11 Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4 battles
Isn't zoomed in with the slider all the way to the left at 80 degrees and zoomed out with the slider to the right at 110 degrees?   

Olaffe #12 Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4 battles

I checked and was right.  Turns out I've been playing zoomed in, LOL.  Like flying in sniper mode.   What a difference Zooming out made.  It was like having a self imposed handicap!!!  I feel some much more competative.

I knew people were unhappy with 1.5, however I just started and do not have any idea how good it was before 1.5.

Anyway, thanks all

Bill

Ray7 #13 Posted 05 October 2014 - 11:49 AM

Airman Basic

• 14 battles

how do I get the camera to move around while flying like I see on youtube videos. I have the same stick Logitech 3D Pro. thx

Zapperguy #14 Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:02 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Chuck,

You can still program a keyboard key for your boost in the settings. Then go into the axis settings & go to advanced & move your throttle slider so boost moves right up & off screen & your throttle goes 0-100% using the full scale.

Easy peasy.

:honoring:

Olaffe #15 Posted 05 October 2014 - 04:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4 battles

View PostRay7, on 05 October 2014 - 04:49 AM, said:

how do I get the camera to move around while flying like I see on youtube videos. I have the same stick Logitech 3D Pro. thx

You click and hold the right mouse while moving it around.  This is the default setting.  If you can master maneuvering while doing this with a js you are golden.

Bill

Olaffe #16 Posted 05 October 2014 - 04:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4 battles

View PostZapperguy, on 05 October 2014 - 05:02 AM, said:

Chuck,

You can still program a keyboard key for your boost in the settings. Then go into the axis settings & go to advanced & move your throttle slider so boost moves right up & off screen & your throttle goes 0-100% using the full scale.

Easy peasy.

Very cool!  thanks for sharing.  I think tweaking the controls is more than half the fun.Bill

Zapperguy #17 Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:54 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostRay7, on 05 October 2014 - 07:49 AM, said:

Most of the videos on YouTube are captured video (using Fraps or some other capture program) from saved replays. The replay feature allows you to swivel the camera around your plane while the battle is replaying. You can enable replays to be saved (and set for how many days to save them) in the in-game settings. To view a replay just double click the file with your game closed. The replay will open the game. The default location should be in a "World Of Warplanes" folder in your default video library. Hope that helps.

Olaffe #18 Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4 battles
Really, I didn't know that.  That would be real useful.

Bear_1947 #19 Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 56 battles
Read this thread and went home and tried setting roll, pitch and yaw as seen in some of the How-To's. Made a world of difference!!! Now responds like a joystick should and the aiming in more precise. Thanks for cluing me in. Calico Jack

WoTSig_zps60137acc.png

buddha222 #20 Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 514 battles

1.5 seemed a little more natural to me on this JS than a lot of other patches. I only flew off and on before this because I could never get them how I liked it.

With this patch, I only needed a little tweaking (like CrazyZouave's settings.)

One thing new I've done though, is set sideslip compensation to zero.

Since there's no crosswinds in the game (yet), sideslip is only effective when you are rolling or turning the plane. 

Lowering a wing of the plane in a turn or roll affects Lift/Drag ratio, and the plane's nose will drop.

You need to use opposite rudder to compensate for this.

So left turns and rolls need right rudder, right turns and rolls need left rudder. The harder the turn or roll, the more rudder you need. 

The game applies rudder for you with sideslip compensation turned on.

Most true pilots here and a lot of us older simulator guys here can do this naturally, and since the Extreme 3d Pro has a nice twist rudder, you might as well get the most out of it.

A lot of the older sim games didn't have compensation, and you HAD to use the rudder. 

Other games (like Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator) you could set flying difficulty, and you got more points flying on expert mode.

If you're new using no compensation though, it might require some practice.

Try it until you can keep your nose on the horizon through a roll, and you're getting there.

You choose how much rudder - if any, you use, and when. For me, the flying seems more fluid now, almost like he plane is swimming through the air.

Master this, and you'll find you can out fly comparable pilots who rely on the computer to do it for them.

It limits how they do turns and rolls to preset angles you can predict and cut inside of, and gaining lead pursuit on your opponent is the key to dogfighting.

More on slip here.

Edited by buddha222, 17 October 2014 - 12:25 AM.

Alpha Tester - WoWp                         Alpha Tester - WoT: Generals                Alpha Tester  - WoWs           

Beta Tester - Total War: Arena     -    World of Tanks                      

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users