Set control method to Joystick, and use Xpadder launced as Admin to play with Gamepad now.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Heibges #1 Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4684 battles

WoWp is now unplayable for me due to the horrible gamepad controls.

Please put them back the way they were ASAP.

Yes, I am going to keep crying about this until it is fixed.

The drop in pop is probably the 1/3 who uses gamepad.

Edited by Heibges, 30 December 2014 - 09:47 PM.

"If the Healer gets killed it's the Tank's fault.  If the Tank gets killed it's the Healer's fault.  If the DPS get killed it's their own fault." - various

losttwo #2 Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:27 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

In order to bring it directly to the attention of the Developers I would suggest sending in a support ticket.

Request what information you need ot supply them with then re-submit.

If everyone that uses a game pad submits the info of its lack of functioning then I ma sure they will immediately revert or fix it in mini patch.

Quint_Winters #3 Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:43 PM

Airman Basic

• 1864 battles

I'm in the same situation Heibges.  I just submitted the following ticket:

Block Quote

In a recent update to world of warplanes the control settings have changed so drastically that I and many others can no longer play the game.  I play with a joystick and rudder pedals.  Being a pilot in the real world, this is the most comfortable and natural control setup for me in a flight game.

Before the change I was able to set my joystick curve on the joystick setting, then switch the controls over to gamepad and set up my rudder pedal controls, and then, leaving the setting on gamepad, I would set up all the buttons on my joystick and it would let me play using both my joystick and rudder pedals while retaining the curve I had set in the joystick settings.  Now I have to choose one or the other and they won't operate together.

In addition, the rudder pedals will no longer control the rudder so I can't yaw the plane.  Instead they seem to create a combination of pitch and roll.  I can no longer disable the rotational axis on the joystick that also controls rudder, causing me to crash the plane while trying to roll or turn quickly.  I also can no longer reduce my throttle below 20%.  To efficiently fly a plane I need to be able to kill the throttle and it's no longer possible.

I've got friends that play with an xbox controller that are also now unable to play the game due to the changes.

Please put the control setup back to how it was.  The addition of the extra settings available is nice.  But they're not worth destroying the ability to play with half the control setups that were available just for a few extra settings that 90% of people will likely never mess with.

Until I can use my controls again I will not be able to play the game.  It's a shame, considering this is the best dogfighting game out there at the moment.  I'm going to have to go back to that "other" dogfighting game, your competitor, that I didn't like so much, to get my fill of aerial combat.

I'll check back in a few months in hopes the game is playable again.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Quint_Winters, 09 September 2014 - 07:48 PM.

Heibges #4 Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4684 battles

Has anyone been able to play this with a gamepad?

"If the Healer gets killed it's the Tank's fault.  If the Tank gets killed it's the Healer's fault.  If the DPS get killed it's their own fault." - various

Whobe #5 Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:57 AM

Airman Basic

• 59 battles

I got out my old Wingman gamepad extreme and it's hopeless.

I have to tilt back to accelerate. All the settings are for the 3D package and they're out of control with the gamepad.

Heibges #6 Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4684 battles

Use Xpadder.

You can actually get the controls to be even better than they were previously.

FirestormMk3 #7 Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:52 AM

Airman Basic

• 243 battles
Yeah, it's an unplayable mess now.  It's not just what you can and can't map to certain controls, it's the fact that like the kiddie mouse setup the movement is now in relation to the ground rather than to the plane itself like every single other aircraft control scheme anywhere.  I liked the battles better in this game, but without a fix for this issue I'm headed over to War Thunder where at least I can have controls that make any degree of sense.  I hope for a fix soon WG, if over the next few months it becomes apparent that one is never coming then I'll uninstall and move on permanently.  With the increased catering in WoT to just the tourney clanners in terms of re-balancing arty and TDs this will seriously make me worry about the future of WG and dropping any more money than I already have.  I hate losing sunk cost and starting all over with War Thunder, and I was excited about WoWS, but this is just unacceptable.

gulabgang #8 Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:50 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
Thanks for the info. I've been studying what I can find in the forums before I give WoW a go. 
adil

Heibges #9 Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4684 battles

Remember to launch Xpadder as the Administrator.

If you don't it will look like it is working on the Xpadder Overlay, but the commands will not be received ingame.

Solodive #10 Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:04 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 296 battles

View PostHeibges, on 08 September 2014 - 11:14 PM, said:

here here.

Solodive #11 Posted 23 January 2016 - 09:35 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 296 battles

View PostHeibges, on 27 September 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

Use Xpadder.

You can actually get the controls to be even better than they were previously.

but you still cannot use yaw on the triggers (for better control). you can only set 1 axis on yaw. but there are TWO axis buttons for triggers. come on!!

Solodive #12 Posted 24 January 2016 - 07:39 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 296 battles
anyone have any kind of timeline or anything on when the gamepad is going to get fixed? xpadder can do a lot but it cannot do everything.....

Solodive #13 Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:27 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 296 battles

View PostHeibges, on 08 September 2014 - 11:14 PM, said:

dont listen to these people. keep doing what you are doing. twice a day if needed. devs only fix the problem that people cry the most about.

you speak for many, keep it up!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users