I can't fly like this

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

CareerKnight #1 Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:56 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 78 battles

Seriously it is far too late to take an entire control scheme back to the drawing board unless a game play change makes the old system unusable and this patch wasn't that by a long shot. I've been using a 360 controller to fly this since alpha and when I heard that changes were coming to the gamepad control scheme I assumed it would be just some tweaks and maybe finally allowing me to shoot and deploy flaps at the same time (I had fire on right trigger and flaps on left) with at worst I would need to fiddle with the sensitivities again, but no. Now my entire control scheme is gone with no way to get it back (my scheme was basically the gamepad default with a couple button changes and yaw and roll swapped on the sticks). I could understand adding more options to allow new configs to work but there was no reason to make the old scheme impossible to replicate. Even if the new system was superior (and without the ability to even assign fire to the triggers I doubt it) I wouldn't care because I am use to the old scheme and could fly just fine with it. In short guess I'll won't be playing this for awhile until the old scheme is restored or at least you can recreate it again.

The only other thing I have been able to see of the new patch is that I randomly have an I-5 in my hanger now. It didn't take up my only free hanger spot or remove any of my planes so free hanger slot I guess.

Edited by CareerKnight, 26 August 2014 - 11:47 AM.

Rarearth #2 Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:26 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 520 battles
  • [JE] JE

Edited by Rarearth, 17 October 2014 - 01:05 AM.

Rarearth #3 Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:28 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 520 battles
  • [JE] JE

Edited by Rarearth, 17 October 2014 - 01:06 AM.

CareerKnight #4 Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:28 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 78 battles
Yea, if they don't change it back/allow you to configure it the old way I would probably switch to a mouse and keyboard just because that would probably be easier to learn than the new control scheme. I've been wondering why they did this and the only reason I could come up with was that people complained about the other schemes being better than the mouse & keyboard so this was their solution; to put the mouse and keyboard control scheme onto the joystick/gamepad (or at least gamepad). You don't need to be that experienced in different controller styles to realize this is a terrible idea for many reasons but the biggest being that the two aren't equal. Mouse & keyboard schemes have there advantages and gamepads have theirs (m&k is superior for fps while gamepads are better for platformers.

Edited by CareerKnight, 24 August 2014 - 09:13 PM.

MrRamRod2U #5 Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:20 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 19 battles
+1 it feels way to awkward to fly now, i tried to change it to make work but no dice.

Justice_Time #6 Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:10 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I don't know why they did it, but it sucks.

VFA22Bonefish #7 Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:56 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
I'm right with you 100% on this, and sadly I really feel WG could care less that there are those of us who have been here since the beginning, or in my case since Open Beta. Sadly I recently dropped $100 on two separate occasions, and I can honestly say that I will not be spending another penny on Gold/Silver or premium time on any of their products.

What company would change the input values and flight characteristics and feel based on those inputs so long after the product release, and expect the people not to notice it, nor bring it up immediately?

SkyWolf__WM #8 Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:39 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9093 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
Pfffft.....Mouseketeers...... :trollface:

Edited by SkyWolf__WM, 27 August 2014 - 05:39 AM.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

CareerKnight #9 Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:59 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 78 battles

Well a new patch has come out.... and it made some tweaks to mouse/keyboard as far as control changes go.... Having tested the new gamepad scheme further I can't decide which is the worst change inflicted on it. The inability to assign fire to the triggers (or anything for that matter) hurts it pretty bad but the new flight controls just seem inherently inferior to the old ones. Even if I was fully use to them they just wouldn't be as precise or responsive as the old.

Again the best reason for this change I can come up for is that there was a lot of people on the Russian forums complaining that the mouse/keyboard was inferior to other control schemes and this was wargaming's solution which I can't agree with at all since crippling everything else to make one scheme competitive is never a smart idea and I've never really heard anyone complain about the mouse/keyboard. Certainly whenever I beat someone in a fair fight or saw someone flying badly I never thought "well he must be using the mouse".

losttwo #10 Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:19 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5390 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I understand the frustration about changes in input devices.

Be it mouse, stick or pad. The controls should be adjustable and programmable across the board.

Being a mouse user is one thing but having the control scheme maxed out on some things with 0% on the others is a bit much.

There is no room for adjustments what so ever.

The joystick if course is still adjustable.

I would hate to see what happens if I did ever decide to try a pad.

T_McK #11 Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:55 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
  • [F-D] F-D

Well for me, I was able to put my JS controls back to where I had them before.  The problem for me is the flight model/characteristics, its, well, garbage.  I know that this is not a sim but before the patch it at least seemed like I was flying a plane, now its so herky jerky I can't be smooth or target anything, its like there is no atmosphere or gravity.  Very unrealistic and not believable.  Its not fun to play anymore and if this is their vision of the future of this game then sadly, I will uninstall and go play the other game.  Its sad, I've been here since closed beta and just got tier VII planes before they broke the game.  I've been following the forums waiting to see if they were going to fix the game, but my patience has run out.

I'm gone :(

Kobayne #12 Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:45 PM

Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 466 battles
  • [WFPKN] WFPKN
I'm at the point that adjusting yaw isn't helping.  It's either the rudder is super powered and yanks the nose up and stops the turn or just doesn't work.  I fly mostly GA and the loss of that control at low altitudes has caused more crashes since the patch than before.  Either you turn or you don't, the co-ordinated turn is gone though I doubt the people that "fixed" the flight model has any clue what that is.  I play for fun, this isn't fun anymore.

CareerKnight #13 Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:12 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 78 battles
It sad but I think I'm going to have to give up on wowp until this is fix if every. I have a lot less free time now and have trouble justifying the time it will take to get as good as I was before this big arbitrary change out of the blue when I have a lot of other games I could be playing. Its sad because this game was really growing on me to the point that I may have liked it more than I ever liked wot

losttwo #14 Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:37 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5390 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

it may take you a little time to re-adjust.

I dropped my Win Rate to 59% but after getting use to the new game it is back up to 61%

Just takes a little time.

had to fly more tier 4,5,6 to do it

Edited by losttwo, 30 September 2014 - 11:38 PM.

Heibges #15 Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 65 battles

Get Xpadder you can actually make the 360 work better than before because you can put Airbreak and Fire on the Triggers which I think is optimal.

Also, set control scheme to joystick although you are using gamepad.  This keeps camera from being locked to horizon which is just stupid with a gamepad.

There are free versions of xpadder available.

Edited by Heibges, 01 October 2014 - 08:09 PM.

"If the Healer gets killed it's the Tank's fault.  If the Tank gets killed it's the Healer's fault.  If the DPS get killed it's their own fault." - various

FirestormMk3 #16 Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:35 AM

Airman Basic

• 104 battles

The closest thing to a fix I could find is this replacement file (link is to a thread) http://forum.worldof...triggers-again/

It uses the joystick controls rather than gamepad so your stick *should* be relative to the plane now rather than the ground.  Seriously, whoever changed the gamepad controls to push the stick in the direction on the screen you want the plane to head rather than any other aircraft control scheme ever needs to be forbidden from tweaking controls ever again.  Anyway, if this config fix doesn't work for me WG can know that I'll be done with this game until they roll it back and they're just driving me into the arms of War Thunder.  I played both and preferred the no-respawn style gameplay here rather than the more arcade like deathmatches in War Thunder, but at least with War Thunder I can have controls that make a lick of sense and that has to come first.  Certainly WG won't be getting anymore money from me in that case.  So please WG, fix this.  The controls were perfect before the so-called "fix" that ruined everything.

FirestormMk3 #17 Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:46 AM

Airman Basic

• 104 battles
Well, I tried the fix, but it didn't help at all.  Here's hoping Wargaming will just give us the simple option of flying a plane like a big boy again instead of basically putting the mouse scheme on the gamepad.  Until I get word of this, this game is dead to me and War Thunder is how I'll have to get my flight sim fix.  Graphics are better there anyway.

Scouts_out #18 Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:09 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
  • [LEMMA] LEMMA
Has there been an explanation on why they did this?!

_____RT #19 Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:56 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

I find the game is really not fun to play because game controls are so poor. You can barely play with mouse/ keyboard control and next to impossible with a joystick. That is why you only have sixty to seventy players ( all tiers) trying to play at any given time.

Olaffe #20 Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 26 battles

I'm real happy with my Logitech joystick on the default settings in 1.6

Bill

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users