Update 1.5 Arrives

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #81 Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:26 AM

Major

• 1585 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postipdailyreally, on 22 August 2014 - 08:27 PM, said:

Mate, read ABC's post again...he's saying that the opinions of posters like YOU should be HIGHLY valued by WG as you have heaps of battles but don't post often....

thanks Ipdailyreally.. anger is easier than comprehension... lol

+1 for covering my back... hehe

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #82 Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:35 AM

Major

• 1585 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostSchoralous, on 22 August 2014 - 07:11 PM, said:

Get off your arrogant high horse.

It's cool dude... I am pretty fired up myself about the controls too, and anger makes folks see where they perceive the speaker's train of thought is going and stop comprehending what is really said... it happens to all of us.

I'm just as pissed as you... lol

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Njanear #83 Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:59 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 183 battles
Silly question but:  did anyone else find a new Tier I I-5 with a 100% crew member & slot in your hanger?  Is this part of the new 'Battle against Bots' option?  Maybe I just missed it in the notes...
The game's largest rammer magnet - I always seem to attract enemy planes to my engine. :facepalm:

Quesnel #84 Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:00 AM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostNjanear, on 23 August 2014 - 03:59 AM, said:

Silly question but:  did anyone else find a new Tier I I-5 with a 100% crew member & slot in your hanger?  Is this part of the new 'Battle against Bots' option?  Maybe I just missed it in the notes...

Yes, to everything.

TopGun_101 #85 Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:48 AM

Airman Basic

• 1458 battles
  • [AENG] AENG
This is my first time posting and frankly I'm really upset with the 1.5 patch. Two biggest things are the flight controls and what the hell is up with the match maker. Was in several T8 battles where there were 15 people T8 in que, and it put me in a 3vs3...seriously WG? I went from feeling very confident flying light fighters last week to now with the release of 1.5 feeling like I just started playing the game. The fighters fly like attack aircraft or as Ace_Ballistic_Cosmo put it, " feels like they are flying through mud." Humm maybe the attack aircraft respond like fighters now??? Please give us 1.4 back.

Bat35 #86 Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:28 AM

Senior Airman

• 278 battles
  • [-IBF-] -IBF-
I play this game for hours each day...I tired the Update CT and all of my planes were so lethargic so I went back to the regular version. Now with the 1.5 the lethargy is back and it's so bad I can't even play at all. I buy gold and premium days but not any more...I hope you fix it...I'll check back from time to time but for now I'm gone.

IPlayWithAppleTree #87 Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 348 battles

Patch 1.5 is this:

Spoiler

ClAibigail #88 Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:23 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 58 battles

i dont have many battles, but i enjoy WOWP still and will be playing it. Thats not to say there arent faults with every update a company does. they can't make eveyone happy and they should't. its not fun when your veteran crowd doesnt enjoy things, but i wish they were coherent enough to write a decent review instead of posting some cry/whine thread saying they are going else were. i play both games, but enjoy the challenge of WOWP. i can understand wanting to feel like a seal clubber all the time and playing the other game. its easier so i can see the appeal. i just need a harder game.

Coldt #89 Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:33 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 236 battles
As someone who beta tested this game, and who hasn't changed his computer since, the fact that I can no long play this game because of a conflict with my graphics card is disappointing.  I was hoping this update would fix it, it didn't.  HD4000 card, by the way.

Edited by Coldt, 25 August 2014 - 03:34 PM.

TwistedLeft #90 Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:01 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4 battles
How about 1.5 really is bad, screwed the fun out of the game and I 'll check back in a few weeks to see if it is worth even playing anymore...

Bat35 #91 Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:52 PM

Senior Airman

• 278 battles
  • [-IBF-] -IBF-
One more thing I'm going to cry about...I spent over $2,500 for a dedicated computer with a high end graphics card, SSD and 27" monitor just to play this game because my other machine has Windows 7 32 bit and it kept crashing. WOWP is a really really good piece of work and I do hope they get things sorted.  My only real beef is that the planes turning rate is about a third of what it was. It should be simple to fix...or maybe this is how they are going to leave it...

betazmag #92 Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 62 battles
  • [HAND] HAND
I hope wait times and lag has improved.

Bytewalker #93 Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:19 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [RETRO] RETRO
terrible

Bytewalker #94 Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:20 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [RETRO] RETRO

View PostTwistedLeft, on 25 August 2014 - 10:01 PM, said:

How about 1.5 really is bad, screwed the fun out of the game and I 'll check back in a few weeks to see if it is worth even playing anymore...

Amen brother!

_Laserguided_ #95 Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:35 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles

View Postbetazmag, on 25 August 2014 - 10:47 PM, said:

I hope wait times and lag has improved.

You have longs waits in the queue for a laggy game if you are on the west coast...

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

"Dont doubt my computer skills,I started with a pentium 2" -- Chuck

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

aGGraVaTOr_NeT #96 Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:07 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [RETRO] RETRO

View Postdaveisanut, on 22 August 2014 - 12:53 AM, said:

I have played WOWP since closed Beta, and in my opinion this update is shameful.

I am making a personal request to Wargaming to reverse the 1.5 update and return WOWP to the game people have enjoyed and played since launch.

+1 but ran out of positives for the day!!!

aGGraVaTOr_NeT #97 Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:16 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [RETRO] RETRO

View PostSparkyGT, on 21 August 2014 - 07:53 AM, said:

Well before i was able to do some flying, was in windowed mode with minimal settings, now when i start the game it goes full screen, goes about 1/2 loading garage then locks up. i will attach a screenie, someone pm me on a fix if possible (i think u can change settings out of game)

Serious?? You need a REAL video card, get a NVIDIA, you won't regret it.

PastyWhiteGangster #98 Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:40 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
  • [LXG] LXG

View PostArqu, on 22 August 2014 - 02:59 AM, said:

I don't post often but after an hour in the game tonight I have found 1.5 to be considerably less enjoyable than 1.4.  We need 1.5.1 with some significant changes and we need it soon or a good chunk of playerbase will disappear and possibly not return.  My most significant issues are:

-I thought 1.4 MM had issues.  Perhaps it did but after 5 battles in 1.5 I was begging for the old MM back.  At least the old one put players in the game when they were there.  Having 18 players at tiers VII and VIII waiting for a battle and putting in just 10 of them is silly.  This game is not meant to be played 5v5 (and I've even heard of someone getting set in 1v1).

-The new GTs are pretty frustrating.  In an IL-20 with 4x23mm, it often takes as long to destroy a single part as it used to take to destroy an entire target (I'm thinking the softer ones with ~2000hp).  I expect the issue is the tiny hitboxes that cause many of the shots to miss, even under 500m, when it was previously designed for ~70% accuracy, dropping to 50% at longer ranges.  Also, the fact that modules are spread apart means rockets are much less effective because they will only hit part of a target group (and thus the target hp pool).  I like the idea of moduled GTs, but so far they are just a quality-of-life reduction.  You need to reduce target hp, enlarge hitboxes, increase gun damage to GTs (at least for GAs, but probably for all), or some combination of those to offset the changes.  Though really some more significant adjustments are probably in order.

Some other notes:

-The module inspector is pretty buggy.  Inspecting the La-160 (I don't have it in my hanger, but was looking in the tech tree) and clicking one of the engines was mounting a different set of guns too.  Not a big deal once I saw what was happening, but I don't know why this broke when it hasn't had issues before.

-The RD-1 rocket engine for the La-9 got a new effect, but the one for the Me-262 (Hawk 509? something like that) did not.  I like the new one on the La-9 and am not sure why it didn't get used elsewhere.

Agree with this 100%.  WOWP you need to fix this and quick. 

PastyWhiteGangster #99 Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
  • [LXG] LXG

View PostAce_Ballistic_Cosmo, on 22 August 2014 - 09:25 PM, said:

I'm looking at many post from people/pilots that don't like the new patch. A large amount of these posters have thousands of battles and yet have never/rarely posted on this forum except for this issue. In marketing we weigh the opinion of a customer. People who voice their opinion quite a bit have a defined value but when a new product comes out and old customers who have NEVER contacted the company come out in droves to voice their opinion, those people's opinions have a higher value in marketing. I'm seeing a lot of folks who have less than 10 forum posts yet thousands of games played posting dissatisfaction about the new patch. If this were my company I'd be out of my chair listening.

I have quite a few post and my lesser opinion is that the change in the controls they made make the game a lot less enjoyable for me. I'm a mouse and KB player and all my heavy fighters are flying through mud. I did a screen shot of my settings, reset them as close as possible to before the change and this game is not as playable for me. I have read the forums and tweaked the setting and nothing is working. It's too bad because last week I really loved this game, today... not so much.

I sincerely hope this issue get's fixed soon and I can go back to playing this game, my old stress reliever.

Well said...they need to get an update to solve quickly. 

aGGraVaTOr_NeT #100 Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [RETRO] RETRO

View PostColdt, on 25 August 2014 - 08:33 AM, said:

As someone who beta tested this game, and who hasn't changed his computer since, the fact that I can no long play this game because of a conflict with my graphics card is disappointing.  I was hoping this update would fix it, it didn't.  HD4000 card, by the way.

I always had issues when I had an ATI card too, got a Nvidia 650 and its great now, minus the LAME patch we just got.

:sad:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users