Jump to content


Update 1.5 Arrives


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

SOB_LaBwAsTe #61 Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:27 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 18 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    12-13-2013

i've played three matches in a row and waited 5 to 6 mins to get into battle      and there was 14 tier 8's and 4 tier 9's and it put me in a 2vs2 match     crazy    i hope this is fixed quick  or i will b uninstalling 

 



PoacherNZ #62 Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:49 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Just sat waiting for 5 mins with 7 other tier 8's, then they go to battle leaving me in que and then I'm put in a 2v2 battle in 9's. Fixed it real good WG. Well done!!!! lol

Arqu #63 Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:59 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 22 battles
  • 60
  • [PARAX] PARAX
  • Member since:
    11-17-2012

I don't post often but after an hour in the game tonight I have found 1.5 to be considerably less enjoyable than 1.4.  We need 1.5.1 with some significant changes and we need it soon or a good chunk of playerbase will disappear and possibly not return.  My most significant issues are:

 

-I thought 1.4 MM had issues.  Perhaps it did but after 5 battles in 1.5 I was begging for the old MM back.  At least the old one put players in the game when they were there.  Having 18 players at tiers VII and VIII waiting for a battle and putting in just 10 of them is silly.  This game is not meant to be played 5v5 (and I've even heard of someone getting set in 1v1).

-The new GTs are pretty frustrating.  In an IL-20 with 4x23mm, it often takes as long to destroy a single part as it used to take to destroy an entire target (I'm thinking the softer ones with ~2000hp).  I expect the issue is the tiny hitboxes that cause many of the shots to miss, even under 500m, when it was previously designed for ~70% accuracy, dropping to 50% at longer ranges.  Also, the fact that modules are spread apart means rockets are much less effective because they will only hit part of a target group (and thus the target hp pool).  I like the idea of moduled GTs, but so far they are just a quality-of-life reduction.  You need to reduce target hp, enlarge hitboxes, increase gun damage to GTs (at least for GAs, but probably for all), or some combination of those to offset the changes.  Though really some more significant adjustments are probably in order.

 

Some other notes:

-The module inspector is pretty buggy.  Inspecting the La-160 (I don't have it in my hanger, but was looking in the tech tree) and clicking one of the engines was mounting a different set of guns too.  Not a big deal once I saw what was happening, but I don't know why this broke when it hasn't had issues before.

-The RD-1 rocket engine for the La-9 got a new effect, but the one for the Me-262 (Hawk 509? something like that) did not.  I like the new one on the La-9 and am not sure why it didn't get used elsewhere.



hellcat2222 #64 Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:49 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 71 battles
  • 136
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I really hate to say this but i purposely kept my expectations for the update low, given my experience with them over the years.

 

But I did not expect a complete redo of the entire flight and control system and removal of all the work put in to make them smooth and functional.  Now everything is just jerky, and impossible to moderate.

 

Thank you Wargaming for once again exceeding my expectations.



Vradin #65 Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:52 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 13200 battles
  • 480
  • Member since:
    11-16-2013

View Posthellcat2222, on 21 August 2014 - 07:49 PM, said:

I really hate to say this but i purposely kept my expectations for the update low, given my experience with them over the years.

 

But I did not expect a complete redo of the entire flight and control system and removal of all the work put in to make them smooth and functional.  Now everything is just jerky, and impossible to moderate.

 

Thank you Wargaming for once again exceeding my expectations.


Same issues using a joystick, can barely keep the aim on targets 250 m away from me......my aim is lurching all over the place.....horrible....give us back the old control system.



ipdailyreally #66 Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:45 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 55
  • [VSW] VSW
  • Member since:
    06-17-2014

View PostVradin, on 22 August 2014 - 02:52 AM, said:


Same issues using a joystick, can barely keep the aim on targets 250 m away from me......my aim is lurching all over the place.....horrible....give us back the old control system.

 

Same here. Trying to fly my plane is hard enough...consistantly hitting a target is friggin impossible with this update. Was going to drop some more $$ on gold but no way in hell I'm dropping another cent on this game until these gamebreaking issues are resolved.

 

Maybe WG screwed up on purpose so not so many people would get their free Premium Meteor...


Edited by ipdailyreally, 22 August 2014 - 05:48 AM.


TheGreenTank #67 Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:53 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • 939
  • [MEMES] MEMES
  • Member since:
    01-11-2012

There is a lot of complaining in this thread, geeze louise. Not alot of it based on actual facts or common sense, either.

 

 

 

As someone who's seen this game progress since alpha stage, this is one of the biggest patches yet. The patch notes were well done, too, I thought - both summarizing and then going on to explain each change in detail, that's really cool to me.

 

Going through all the changes, can't see anything I would have any reason to complain about whatsoever. I thought the random distance a bullet can travel is a pretty clever addition - pretty interesting one, no more range-sniping for some folks I guess.

 

Eager to finish downloading and pick up playing this again...

 

...and to all the naysayers in here, get a GRIP. Get used to the changes and THEN form an opinion, don't gripe the moment it's here.

 

Though, I will say, to the joystick users, yeah they *could* work better with you guys, but can we give them a break and look at the scope of what they're achieving with this patch? Hopefully it'll be easy to fix any joystick issues soon.


Edited by TheGreenTank, 22 August 2014 - 06:58 AM.


_Laserguided_ #68 Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:10 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • 4,069
  • Member since:
    04-29-2013

Trashing the joystick which wasn't an issue is hardly progress...  Same goes for the game pad.  

 

And splitting up an already small player queue might not be the best idea they have come up with.  

 

Of course you know there well always be something people can rage over in the game.



Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

"Dont doubt my computer skills,I started with a pentium 2" -- Chuck

Thanks zipper..-- Mars


War_Byrdy #69 Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:35 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 37
  • Member since:
    04-13-2012

Pros:

-Nice Hangar graphic

-My FPS has increased

-The "End of Battle" screen with 3 tabs is nice to see all the details

-The Bot system is great

-Both sides increase their timers simultaneously

-Ground Pounding is more of a challenge

 

Cons:

-Very small battles in tiers 7 and above (3vs3 and such)

-I lost $300,000+ credits tonight trying to grind tiers 6-8

-Cannot grind a plane very effectively with small battles and lower chance of gaining credits and experience

-Due to the reasons above, the best players will most certainly be using all top tier heavies to gain $ and XP, ultimately chasing off many more players

-The most populated matches are from tiers 3-6

 

This seems like an update to help those who already play the game very well, but will deter many others from playing much longer. This could result in even smaller battles in lower tiers. I thought WG was trying to expand its population of players. 



daveisanut #70 Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:53 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I have played WOWP since closed Beta, and in my opinion this update is shameful.

I am making a personal request to Wargaming to reverse the 1.5 update and return WOWP to the game people have enjoyed and played since launch.

 



Crimson_Knight1 #71 Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:29 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    07-23-2014

I think this update is great, but then I don't play gamepad/joystick where I hear  the main problems lie.

 

-Crew part - meh makes no real  difference to be fair, might take a second longer to switch but nothing worth moaning about

- Hanger - Nice!!

-MM - Well no more 2 tier splits to any degree, although the old 1.4MM bug came back when it was tried to be changed in that patch before it was quickly reverted back, tier 6 and tier 4 pulled into a game, tier 5 was left out completely with 10 tier 5's in queue.

- I'm going to reserve judgement on the La line for now, I didn't like the initial flying of it, but that might be because I need to change my flying style from normal in it.



PhineasPhreak #72 Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:02 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5946 battles
  • 40
  • Member since:
    12-31-2013

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 21 August 2014 - 11:19 PM, said:

Wasnt all this stuff available on the Test Server?

 

Not sure why everyone is so surprised at what happened... we were given a chance to use the game, and give feedback.


WG was given lots of feedback about this pitiful update but completely ignored it as they always do. All the feedback given in this thread and every other one will be ignored as well. Additionally, there is no reward for being their test guinea pigs so why would anyone use the test server? Does that answer your question fanboy?



PhineasPhreak #73 Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:05 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5946 battles
  • 40
  • Member since:
    12-31-2013

View PostTheGreenTank, on 22 August 2014 - 07:53 AM, said:

There is a lot of complaining in this thread, geeze louise. Not alot of it based on actual facts or common sense, either.

 

 

 

As someone who's seen this game progress since alpha stage, this is one of the biggest patches yet. The patch notes were well done, too, I thought - both summarizing and then going on to explain each change in detail, that's really cool to me.

 

Going through all the changes, can't see anything I would have any reason to complain about whatsoever. I thought the random distance a bullet can travel is a pretty clever addition - pretty interesting one, no more range-sniping for some folks I guess.

 

Eager to finish downloading and pick up playing this again...

 

...and to all the naysayers in here, get a GRIP. Get used to the changes and THEN form an opinion, don't gripe the moment it's here.

 

Though, I will say, to the joystick users, yeah they *could* work better with you guys, but can we give them a break and look at the scope of what they're achieving with this patch? Hopefully it'll be easy to fix any joystick issues soon.


You haven't even finished downloading and you're in here singing praises? Take your own advice, play the game and then maybe you will understand what the horrific problems are. Pitiful.



SOB_NSW #74 Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:42 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 23 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    12-13-2013

This game was fun to play until 1.5 update changed all that.

 

Every game i go in (after waiting 5mins) the response to 90% of players in battle are negative towards the update.

 

VOTE...to roll back to previous 1.4 update.

 

YOU WENT FROM ONE EXTREME TO THE OTHER!!!


Edited by SOB_NSW, 23 August 2014 - 12:18 AM.


DasTomas77 #75 Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:07 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1200 battles
  • 149
  • Member since:
    02-20-2012

Hey WG, i uninstalled your game today. Good bye.

Thanks for locked my account for a day btw.



Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #76 Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:25 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 1585 battles
  • 5,837
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

I'm looking at many post from people/pilots that don't like the new patch. A large amount of these posters have thousands of battles and yet have never/rarely posted on this forum except for this issue. In marketing we weigh the opinion of a customer. People who voice their opinion quite a bit have a defined value but when a new product comes out and old customers who have NEVER contacted the company come out in droves to voice their opinion, those people's opinions have a higher value in marketing. I'm seeing a lot of folks who have less than 10 forum posts yet thousands of games played posting dissatisfaction about the new patch. If this were my company I'd be out of my chair listening.

I have quite a few post and my lesser opinion is that the change in the controls they made make the game a lot less enjoyable for me. I'm a mouse and KB player and all my heavy fighters are flying through mud. I did a screen shot of my settings, reset them as close as possible to before the change and this game is not as playable for me. I have read the forums and tweaked the setting and nothing is working. It's too bad because last week I really loved this game, today... not so much.

I sincerely hope this issue get's fixed soon and I can go back to playing this game, my old stress reliever.

 


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


SGTASIS9er #77 Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:11 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    12-07-2013

help anybody new 1.5 won't launch error says goto log files your wowp has not got .exe any clues i uninstalled & installed again still won't log on cause wowp has no .exe?i 'm not as excited to play reading all the new threads wot only i think i might quit x-box 360 or x-box one we'll sea hope we win sgtasis ty

Schoralous #78 Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:11 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 7
  • [LUPY] LUPY
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostAce_Ballistic_Cosmo, on 22 August 2014 - 08:25 PM, said:

I'm looking at many post from people/pilots that don't like the new patch. A large amount of these posters have thousands of battles and yet have never/rarely posted on this forum except for this issue. In marketing we weigh the opinion of a customer. People who voice their opinion quite a bit have a defined value but when a new product comes out and old customers who have NEVER contacted the company come out in droves to voice their opinion, those people's opinions have a higher value in marketing. I'm seeing a lot of folks who have less than 10 forum posts yet thousands of games played posting dissatisfaction about the new patch. If this were my company I'd be out of my chair listening.

I have quite a few post and my lesser opinion is that the change in the controls they made make the game a lot less enjoyable for me. I'm a mouse and KB player and all my heavy fighters are flying through mud. I did a screen shot of my settings, reset them as close as possible to before the change and this game is not as playable for me. I have read the forums and tweaked the setting and nothing is working. It's too bad because last week I really loved this game, today... not so much.

I sincerely hope this issue get's fixed soon and I can go back to playing this game, my old stress reliever.

 

 

So because I don't post on THIS account enough, in your oh so esteemed opinion, my comments and opinions don't matter???

 

1. I thought I was a paying customer - yup, just looked again, I am.. and that gives me the right to comment/bitch when things get this screwed up

2. I did use the test server AND give feedback on the ACCOUNT I USE FOR THAT PURPOSE

 

Now as to the problems I have noticed in the game... please, in your oh so vaulted wisdom explain to me how all the settings I spent months getting dialed in, that were ALL DUMPED during the upgrade is something that I should NOT be commenting about???? Maybe that didn't happen in the SEPARATE INSTALL that was my test server setup... so in other words, it was not something that was seen prior to deployment of the actual 1.5 patch/upgrade process... but oh yes.. I should not say anything about that since in your opinion, I have not posted enough on here on this account to earn that right... ROFLMFAO @ you right now.

 

Get off your arrogant high horse.


Edited by Schoralous, 22 August 2014 - 11:25 PM.


ipdailyreally #79 Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:27 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 55
  • [VSW] VSW
  • Member since:
    06-17-2014

View PostSchoralous, on 22 August 2014 - 11:11 PM, said:

 

So because I don't post on THIS account enough, in your oh so esteemed opinion, my comments and opinions don't matter???

 

1. I thought I was a paying customer - yup, just looked again, I am.. and that gives me the right to comment/bitch when things get this screwed up

2. I did use the test server AND give feedback on the ACCOUNT I USE FOR THAT PURPOSE

 

Now as to the problems I have noticed in the game... please, in your oh so vaulted wisdom explain to me how all the settings I spent months getting dialed in, that were ALL DUMPED during the upgrade is something that I should NOT be commenting about???? Maybe that didn't happen in the SEPARATE INSTALL that was my test server setup... so in other words, it was not something that was seen prior to deployment of the actual 1.5 patch/upgrade process... but oh yes.. I should not say anything about that since in your opinion, I have not posted enough on here on this account to earn that right... ROFLMFAO @ you right now.

 

Get off your arrogant high horse.

 

Mate, read ABC's post again...he's saying that the opinions of posters like YOU should be HIGHLY valued by WG as you have heaps of battles but don't post often....

 

 



Navis_Nobilite #80 Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:49 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 853
  • Member since:
    04-25-2014
Patch 1.5, or as I like to call it, WarThunder Lite. I played WoWP for a reason. It was the best WWII fighter game I had ever seen. I did not stay with WarThunder after giving it a few days playtime. For some reason, WG has decided that their game has to ape their biggest competitor. Good luck with that.

Edited by danbuter, 23 August 2014 - 01:20 AM.





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users