CT 1.5 feedback: Maps

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Maps! (11 members have cast votes)

Have you played Canyon, the new map for tiers III-X, yet?

1. I have! It's a fun map! (5 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. I have! It's a bit simplistic, but a good map. (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. I've played it and I don't care for it. (Please post why!) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. I haven't played it yet. (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

Spawn points on Lighthouse and Arctic Region were adjusted. What do you think?

1. I prefer the new spawn points on both maps to the current ones on the live server. (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. I like the spawn point placement on Arctic Region, but not Lighthouse. (1 vote [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. I like the spawn point placement on Lighthouse, but not Arctic Region. (1 vote [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. I dislike the new spawn points on both maps compared to the current ones on the live server. (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

National Park was completely reworked! What is your opinion on the new National Park?

1. I like it! The map layout looks good and channels the flow of battle better. (2 votes [18.18%])

2. I like it, but I also enjoyed the original National Park. The original should be kept and the new National Park should be made into its own map. (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

3. I dislike it. Not only is the original National Park better, but this map isn't fun. (Please explain why!) (2 votes [18.18%])

4. I dislike it. I never liked the original National Park, either. (Please explain why!) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

gunlion #1 Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:22 PM

Community Manager

• 0 battles

New maps and map changes in Update 1.5 on the test server! Please give us your feedback.  

BrushWolf #2 Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:43 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 52 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
It is a little hard to test maps that are not tier 1 with the reset.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Phrap #3 Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:09 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 20 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

The "old" National Park was quite honestly one of my favorite maps in the game. It felt just the right size to not have a boring, long, drawn-out climb or flight path to the enemy like the recent large maps that we have received (Hidden Airbase, Adriatic, Fjords... Lighthouse to name an older map). National Park has a certain charm about it that the new map just flat out doesn't seem to have a trace of. The new map basically feels like a re-imagined Fjords but with a twist of it spawning you low and being for the tiers below V. I witnessed an IL BARELY make it up across the gigantic wall on the side of the starting canyon, where he hit trees just trying to go on a flanking run.

The new National Park feels uncoordinated and awful in my opinion, and I would much rather have the old one remain. If the new one does indeed make it into the game, at least have it so that this new terrible map doesn't replace what is honestly a personal favorite of mine.

CrayolaCrayon #4 Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostPhrap, on 08 August 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

The "old" National Park was quite honestly one of my favorite maps in the game. It felt just the right size to not have a boring, long, drawn-out climb or flight path to the enemy like the recent large maps that we have received (Hidden Airbase, Adriatic, Fjords... Lighthouse to name an older map). National Park has a certain charm about it that the new map just flat out doesn't seem to have a trace of. The new map basically feels like a re-imagined Fjords but with a twist of it spawning you low and being for the tiers below V. I witnessed an IL BARELY make it up across the gigantic wall on the side of the starting canyon, where he hit trees just trying to go on a flanking run.

The new National Park feels uncoordinated and awful in my opinion, and I would much rather have the old one remain. If the new one does indeed make it into the game, at least have it so that this new terrible map doesn't replace what is honestly a personal favorite of mine.

National Park was my favorite map. The new map is so different they should of just kept the old one.

BrushWolf #5 Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:54 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 52 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostCrayolaCrayon, on 08 August 2014 - 07:22 PM, said:

National Park was my favorite map. The new map is so different they should of just kept the old one.

I have had some of my greatest battles on that map.

Edited by BrushWolf, 09 August 2014 - 02:54 AM.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Knight44 #6 Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles

When both Phrap and Crayola Crayon don't like a new map, that is likely a good reason to keep it <g>. I like the new version, WG should keep it. Adding it and also keeping the old one is fine with me also. 

woofman34 #7 Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 5 battles
  • [SG] SG
Have not seen the new maps yet , but I am sure they will be a refreshing change to the same ole same ole ...Getting there , The new update on the test server seems to be running very smooth ...

Cruiser_Katori #8 Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:34 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [KNTAI] KNTAI
About time "LaGG Park" got reworked. That map was up longer than I was playing!

Save the Skywhales (that includes the Skorcas)!!!

Less RNG, More skill: Revert to 4.1 TODAY!!!

Ens #9 Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:13 AM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

one minor comment about bay

you guys forgot to take out the carriers water disruption graphic ;)

dan_can #10 Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:54 AM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
1.5. Map Preview Videos
EU player visiting the NA forum for knowledge exchange

Aurabird #11 Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
I love the new canyon map and national park. But I will miss the old national park, it was a favourite of mine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users