CT 1.5 feedback: Economy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Economy changes (23 members have cast votes)

How do you feel about reduced repair costs for Premium planes?

1. I am fine with the 50% repair cost benefit to Premium planes. (18 votes [78.26%])

Percentage of vote: 78.26%

2. The repair cost benefit should be reduced from 50% and made closer to the costs non-Premium planes incur. (3 votes [13.04%])

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

3. I do not think Premium planes should have reduced repair costs. (2 votes [8.70%])

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

Vote Hide poll

gunlion #1 Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

Community Manager

• 1284 battles

Update 1.5 has made a few changes to the plane economy. Now that you've had a chance to play around on the Common Test server, what do you think about these new changes?

Reduced repair cost for Premium planes

Repair costs for Premium planes were reduced by 50% compared to repair costs of other non-Premium planes of the same tier.

Modules and Ammunition price changes

• The price of the 30mm Type 5 © (J7W2 Shinden-Kai) cannons was reduced from 133,500 to 80,500 Credits per unit. Players who have these cannons in the depot or mounted on their plane, will be compensated accordingly with the difference.

• The price of the 30mm Type 17 © (J7W2 Shinden-Kai and J7W3) cannons was reduced from 155,000 to 85,000 Credits per unit. Players who have these cannons in the depot or mounted on their plane, will be compensated accordingly with the difference.

• 12.7mm MG-53-2: the price of the standard belt was changed to 500 Credits per belt, armor-piercing and incendiary: 1,000 Credits, armor-piercing incendiary: 5 Gold.

• 12.7mm MG-53HB: the price of the standard belt was changed to 900 Credits per belt, armor-piercing and incendiary : 1,800 Credits, armor-piercing incendiary : 9 Gold.

Tonzzo #2 Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:02 PM

Captain

• 19569 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Premiums - Why should we buy one?

CONS:

Generally the aircraft do not perform as well as the NON-Premium counterparts.  Sure some of them have over emphasized pluses like the tank cannon on the C-6 but performance wise I love the 110-B clean no bombs and take down C-6's with ease.

The Repair costs are generally low anyways for most aircraft.  Reducing in 50% is nice but its not a drastic savings.

That's it for cons really.....  OH YEA THEY COST REAL MONEY :eyesup:

PROS:

A good game in these aircraft will make some nice coinage.  Reducing the repair costs will be nice.

A bad game will at the very least break even if your not strapping bombs and rockets on....

Crew Training is increased....  Although I cant say that its noticeably different.

Crews from non-premium aircraft can be moved into the premium and trained in that aircraft without any penalty!!!  THATS NICE just wish the training was noticeably faster....

In the end I appreciate the idea of making it more cost effective to have premium aircraft in our hangers.  I would prefer it if we got a additional 50% increase to crew training rather then repair costs though since I do my best to not get shot down.....  :hiding: 

Sojo #3 Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 23157 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostTonzzo, on 08 August 2014 - 04:02 PM, said:

Premiums - Why should we buy one?

CONS:

Generally the aircraft do not perform as well as the NON-Premium counterparts.  Sure some of them have over emphasized pluses like the tank cannon on the C-6 but performance wise I love the 110-B clean no bombs and take down C-6's with ease.

The Repair costs are generally low anyways for most aircraft.  Reducing in 50% is nice but its not a drastic savings.

That's it for cons really.....  OH YEA THEY COST REAL MONEY :eyesup:

PROS:

A good game in these aircraft will make some nice coinage.  Reducing the repair costs will be nice.

A bad game will at the very least break even if your not strapping bombs and rockets on....

Crew Training is increased....  Although I cant say that its noticeably different.

Crews from non-premium aircraft can be moved into the premium and trained in that aircraft without any penalty!!!  THATS NICE just wish the training was noticeably faster....

In the end I appreciate the idea of making it more cost effective to have premium aircraft in our hangers.  I would prefer it if we got a additional 50% increase to crew training rather then repair costs though since I do my best to not get shot down.....  :hiding: 

And not to mention that they have much higher credit earning multipliers...

Crew training is the same as other elited planes

losttwo #4 Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:37 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I like the reduced repair cost concept for a premium plane.

danbuter #5 Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:39 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3474 battles
I think it's a great idea.

Tonzzo #6 Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:16 PM

Captain

• 19569 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostRock18, on 08 August 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

And not to mention that they have much higher credit earning multipliers...

Crew training is the same as other elited planes

Exactly, It would be better if we could train crews faster then in a elited aircraft.
 Otherwise there is little use for the ability to stick pilots in a premium aircraft other then the 10%ish when you first start grinding a new plane....

Sojo #7 Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:25 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 23157 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostTonzzo, on 08 August 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

Exactly, It would be better if we could train crews faster then in a elited aircraft.
 Otherwise there is little use for the ability to stick pilots in a premium aircraft other then the 10%ish when you first start grinding a new plane....

I think you might be missing the important part.  You can drop a crew in a premium plane and earn the same crew XP you would in another plane, but while earning tons more credits at the same time.  Offering an additional crew XP earning ration gets a little to close to "pay to win" for a WG game.  

The effect is increased in higher tier premiums too, so it should be especially nice when tier 7 and 8 premiums come out.

woofman34 #8 Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 6650 battles
  • [SG] SG
Purely beneficial to me in deciding to purchase a premium plane , I want a financial benefit to my purchase , If I didn't exceed normal aircraft income I would not buy them , considering they don't really out perform there own class....

Edited by woofman34, 11 August 2014 - 10:00 AM.

MrR9 #9 Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:47 AM

Senior Airman

• 7477 battles
  • [DKS] DKS
will this also count on "gift" planes or only "Premium planes"

Tonzzo #10 Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

Captain

• 19569 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostRock18, on 09 August 2014 - 02:25 AM, said:

I think you might be missing the important part.  You can drop a crew in a premium plane and earn the same crew XP you would in another plane, but while earning tons more credits at the same time.  Offering an additional crew XP earning ration gets a little to close to "pay to win" for a WG game.  

The effect is increased in higher tier premiums too, so it should be especially nice when tier 7 and 8 premiums come out.

No I get that Rock.  I don't see how additional crew XP is "pay to win"....  Its not anymore "pay to win" than a premium account where you get extra credits and extra XP.

Mathlover314 #11 Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:02 PM

Airman Basic

• 4394 battles
As a non premium player, I have to say that I'm not happy with the new gt payment system. I just finished a battle with a il-10, took out 23 gt and still lost 8k+ credits. In effect, the new update has made flying a ground pounder a luxury since its very unlikely you will make back what you spend on ammo, rockets and repairs.

Tonzzo #12 Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:09 PM

Captain

• 19569 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostMathlover314, on 23 August 2014 - 04:02 PM, said:

As a non premium player, I have to say that I'm not happy with the new gt payment system. I just finished a battle with a il-10, took out 23 gt and still lost 8k+ credits. In effect, the new update has made flying a ground pounder a luxury since its very unlikely you will make back what you spend on ammo, rockets and repairs.

Dear Math,

This is a part of WGings "economy" buy tier 8 and 9 you will see that you will lose credits in a good game even with premium.  Non premium will cost a lot.  This is WG'ings secret sponsoring of "seal clubbing".  You will need to drop down to say tier 4 and grind up credits to continue.  If you buy a Tier 2.3.4,5 or 6 premium aircraft you can shorten this grind however....  Look at the Brightside as a non premium player your not out money... 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users