CT 1.5 feedback: Updated PvE changes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

gunlion #1 Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:52 PM

Community Manager

• 0 battles

We've made a few changes to the PvE battle type today:

PvE queue and PvP queue separated

The queue screen will now display the number of players in queue for PvE and PvP separately. This should allow players to get a better sense of who is waiting to play each battle type.

PvE minimum players adjusted

The minimum number of players required to start a PvE battle has been reduced from 3 to 1

Number of plane destructions to unlock Standard battle reduced

The number of bots new players will need to destroy has been reduced from 40 to 15.

What do you think of these changes? Do you like the separated queues? Is the new minimum requirement of one player to start a PvE battle a good idea, or should it require more than one player? Is 15 bots a good number for new players to destroy to unlock PvP, or is it too few?

woofman34 #2 Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 5 battles
  • [SG] SG
I like the PVE went through whole process this morning great work .. Capture of the planes is cool and the players will have a chance to fly one plane for a few rounds and get use to it before moving on .Also for a test server perspective having bots helps the fresh account progress on test server with such low population.

The_Brett #3 Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:41 AM

Senior Airman

• 194 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
I like the idea of using the bots to introduce new flyers to the game and making them earn the variety of planes. I like using the bots to test out new planes as well.

Edited by The_Brett, 13 August 2014 - 08:48 AM.

Ens #4 Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Training is handled by the training missions... What is the desired effect of forcing PvE? I think that introducing players to PvE mode and forcing them into the introduction is OK - but some people just want to go to PvP - I think that 15 kills is much better than 45 but honestly i think that 3 kills would be enough. On a side note I had to hunt down the Goldfinch to unlock it - there was only one in the battle ;) Also I would like to be told what the benefits of PvE are - what are the xp/prize/cost differences between running PvE and PvP, etc. Frankly I still don't see why I would play PvE over PvP - other than, perhaps, to warm up for the day.

Oh, along with the introduction to PvE vs PvP i recommend teaching the new player how to change battle modes, it's not likely obvious to a true newbe

Edited by Ens, 10 August 2014 - 07:23 PM.

Sojo #5 Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Separate queues is much appreciated.

woofman34 #6 Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 5 battles
  • [SG] SG
I think it gives new players a chance to enjoy the game before they get slaughtered by all the pros playing in low tiers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users