Ground Targets vs Anti-Aircraft

ground target gt anti-aircraft aa

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Magdalna #1 Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 513 battles

This looks to be changing in 1.5 but something I wish I knew.

Ground Targets don't shoot at you.

Anti-Aircraft guns do.

Anti-Aircraft has a range of 800-1000 meters (1500 meters to be safe) depending on the map.

See here as well (Attack Aircraft - Part I: Objectives and Target Priority)

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/31747-attack-aircraft-part-i-objectives-and-target-priority/

Edited by Magdalna, 06 August 2014 - 08:19 PM.

trottenhelm #2 Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
To be on the safe side, a distance of 1500 meters works. We can look over the pre-patch notes for 1.5 for clues as to changes.

FlakValleyExpress #3 Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:32 PM

Captain

• 64 battles

Block Quote

1.5 update notes:

New Ground Target Destruction Mechanics

We have completely reworked the ground-target destruction mechanic and the superiority-algorithm in Standard Battle mode:

All ground targets now consist of multiple parts and have been entirely retouched

Now, some of these parts of ground targets can have multiple characteristics such as armored, not armored or armed with an AA-gun. Armoured objects can only be destroyed with powerful weaponry such as large calibre cannons, bombs or rockets. Inversely, weaker weapons such as smaller-calibre MGs will only be able to destroy unarmored targets or AA-guns. Depending on how difficult they will be to destroy, different parts of ground targets will award players with more or less superiority points.

I think I seem to recall 1,500 to 1,800 meters is when the heavier flak was shooting at me. Of course I can't be too sure since I was busy at the time.

Here is some ground views on GT identifications from the 1.5 update:

Default view

Spoiler

When 'ALT' key is pressed

Spoiler

The red arrows point out some of the name ID's for the GTs

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 07 August 2014 - 01:33 PM.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes. Ditch the Zero and get with a Hero WoWP - Best troll game in 2018/2019

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users