Update 1.5 feedback: PvE battle type

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Poll: PvE battle type (29 members have cast votes)

Overall, how do you feel about PvE?

1. It's good for new players! Experienced players may enjoy some of the rewards. (8 votes [27.59%])

Percentage of vote: 27.59%

2. It's good for new players, but without standard rewards, it is not worth it to experienced players. (17 votes [58.62%])

Percentage of vote: 58.62%

3. I do not think that it is good for new players or experienced players; new players should contribute to the PvP population immediately. (4 votes [13.79%])

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

How do you feel that the bots (ally and enemy) performed?

1. Their difficulty level is suited for new players. (15 votes [51.72%])

Percentage of vote: 51.72%

2. Their difficulty level was too easy for new players. (14 votes [48.28%])

Percentage of vote: 48.28%

Vote Hide poll

gunlion #1 Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:13 PM

Community Manager

• 0 battles
Designed for our new players, the PvE battle type places 3-5 players on a team with bots, fighting against a team composed entirely of AI opponents. Rewards are earned through PvE missions, and this new mode allows players to get their feet in the air with World of Warplanes without throwing them immediately into the PvP queue. Have you tested out the PvE battle type? What did you think of it? 

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:59 AM

First Lieutenant

• 116 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

did not work for me.. the only control I had was guns... still won the battle... but unusable

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

FastAttack #3 Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Queue times are terrible! 

Bots are way to easy. If newbies shoot down a lot of bots they will think they are ready for the regular veterans when they are not even remotely close.

broslicer #4 Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostFastAttack, on 04 August 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

Bots are way to easy. If newbies shoot down a lot of bots they will think they are ready for the regular veterans when they are not even remotely close.

this ^ especially the queue times

EZ.

Sojo #5 Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:05 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostFastAttack, on 04 August 2014 - 09:54 PM, said:

View Postbroslicer, on 04 August 2014 - 10:11 PM, said:

this ^ especially the queue times

+2.  I waited 4 minuted in queue once and got nothing, but another time I got pulled after 5 sec as I was trying to exit.

Breezy1 #6 Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:13 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [ACES_] ACES_
I am going to say that it is an excellent concept, overall. It has been quite some thousands of battles since I was a newbie at flight, but I would say that the BOT competition level needs to go up a couple of notches to get these newer players ready for what lies ahead. Maybe consider a leveled approach to BOT AI level as the players gain experience and battle count??

Sojo #7 Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:38 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I could see how this might be good for brand new players to get a feel for the controls and UI, supremacy mechanics, etc.  But it's certainly not going to teach them much about how to fly PvP.

I can see how it might be handy for trying out new planes and things too.

I have to say I was repulsed when I first heard of bots being included.  But this feels like basically a cross between training room and "Tutorial 2.0: 1st Grade."  Still kinda meh about it, but I guess it has its place.

Sojo #8 Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:13 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

whoops, wrong thread

Edited by Rock18, 05 August 2014 - 04:14 AM.

gunlion #9 Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

Community Manager

• 0 battles

View PostFastAttack, on 04 August 2014 - 06:54 PM, said:

This is due to the population on the Public Test server being very low. Thanks for sticking it out with the queue, everyone. 

FastAttack #10 Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postgunlion, on 05 August 2014 - 01:12 PM, said:

This is due to the population on the Public Test server being very low. Thanks for sticking it out with the queue, everyone. 

if you are playing against bots why would you need to wait for so long. Not everyone is going to be playing PVE mode, and especially if all you are doing is testing out an airplane by yourself or a buddy.

Lets say I want to try a tier x in PVE good luck.. you will be sitting there until someone pops in with a tier x OR you found 2 other players to play with.

Edited by FastAttack, 06 August 2014 - 12:09 AM.

gunlion #11 Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:17 AM

Community Manager

• 0 battles
It's exactly because the queue waits to find at least two other players of a similar level with you to start a PvE match. This will not be an issue in the live game, as new players starting at Tier I will only have access to PvE mode until they complete a specific mission. This will drop the queue times dramatically. On the Common Test, people are trying to access PvE mode at a number of different tiers. 

The_Brett #12 Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:48 PM

Senior Airman

• 194 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Very interesting concept and had a good time trying it out. The wait time was a little long, 4 to 5 minute range, a few times. The bots don't seem aggressive enough. They are good at maneuvering away when in trouble but don't seem to have the same skill level when attacking.

MrPsychic #13 Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:38 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS

View PostRock18, on 04 August 2014 - 11:05 PM, said:

+2.  I waited 4 minuted in queue once and got nothing, but another time I got pulled after 5 sec as I was trying to exit.

Haven't you heard?  Exit is the button that really means "Enter battle right away"

pigeon_kicker #14 Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [SF] SF

Works well, bots are still kinda dumb, but hey they are bots, hard to get programmed correctly.

Otherwise, I can see it bieng usefull to train new members, as well conduct training exercises AND still get

something for it and not just have to pay for ammo.

I am going thru my notes and stuff to find a suitable layout for this,

maybe we can give this new mode a true work out breezy1[ACES].

I think that if we do maybe one or two full flight's during our training scrim this thursday,

We may be able to help WG a bit.

Let me know, But as of now, I kinda liked it, bot poppin is some fun Shinola.

PK

Edited by pigeon_kicker, 06 August 2014 - 06:18 PM.

If you want to make god laugh, tell him about your plans for survival..

Lead developer for the NACCW web site. Author of the Pigeon Pak Mod Installer

www.team-sf.com

pigeon_kicker #15 Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [SF] SF

View PostFastAttack, on 04 August 2014 - 09:54 PM, said:

Wait till there are more players, uhhhhhh.... nuff said , It will prove usefull i do believe.

It is better to give them something to start by, and not just toss them into battle like it is now.

Edited by pigeon_kicker, 06 August 2014 - 06:23 PM.

If you want to make god laugh, tell him about your plans for survival..

Lead developer for the NACCW web site. Author of the Pigeon Pak Mod Installer

www.team-sf.com

FlakValleyExpress #16 Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:44 PM

Captain

• 16 battles

I waited 10 minutes in queue for a bot battle. I thought they were suppose to be fast? For comparison, I waited 4 to 6 minutes for a standard queue battle. I don't know why I can't get into a PVE battle.

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 07 August 2014 - 09:45 PM.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

ArrowZ_ #17 Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:25 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 10 battles

The reward system for this mode is lacking. But I like the general Idea of a PvE mode. Bots are too easy for experienced players but ok for New players. Still doesn't give them enough exposure to the true hardships of standard battles. Raising the difficulty wouldn't hurt. Combining the Que times with Standard mode was kind of silly but what can you do with a low populated server. I hope this gets better for NA when 1.5 is released.

But you get a thumbs up from me for diversity. Something that has been held back ever since release so credits where its due. Good Job WG.

Edited by ArrowZ_, 08 August 2014 - 03:26 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users