Update 1.5 feedback: UI changes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Poll: UI Changes (28 members have cast votes)

Are the UI markers for Ground Targets easy to understand? (The colored squares and triangles, and the numbers over each Ground Target)

1. Yes, I understood them clearly at first glance. (11 votes [39.29%])

Percentage of vote: 39.29%

2. It took me a few passes, but I understood it after awhile. (6 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

3. It took several battles for me to grasp what the symbols were indicating. (5 votes [17.86%])

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

4. I STILL don't know what they mean! (6 votes [21.43%])

Did you get a chance to look at the new plane comparison feature on the pre-battle loading screen?

1. Yes, and it's really handy! (13 votes [46.43%])

Percentage of vote: 46.43%

2. Not super useful, but it's nice. (12 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

3. Eh, I didn't care for it. (3 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

What about the detailed after battle report tab?

1. Finally! I can see the breakdown of everything that happened in battle! (16 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. Again, kind of useful but not a big deal. (10 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

3. There's a new tab on the battle report? (2 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

There's now a dynamic spectator cam. What do you think?

1. Pretty neat! (6 votes [21.43%])

2. It's alright, but I don't know how often I will use it. (11 votes [39.29%])

Percentage of vote: 39.29%

3. I'm not going to use it. I prefer to have complete control over the spectator camera. (8 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

4. There's a specator camera? I usually just go right back to the hangar after my plane is destroyed... (3 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

The cinematic intro was updated, and there is now a brief cinematic ending. Your thoughts?

1. I liked the old cinematic intro, but the dynamic fly-ins look even cooler now! (4 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. I was iffy about the previous cinematic intro, but this actually looks okay. (5 votes [17.86%])

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

3. I dislike the cinematic intro and I am glad I can turn it off. (19 votes [67.86%])

Percentage of vote: 67.86%

Although not specifically 'UI,' we changed the hangar! What do you think?

1. I like it! The airfield looks very nice! (15 votes [55.56%])

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

2. Not bad! I liked the inside of the hangar, but this works. (8 votes [29.63%])

Percentage of vote: 29.63%

3. Please put my plane back in the hangar! (4 votes [14.81%])

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

Your awards and medals are now displayed at the bottom of your screen in real-time as you earn them. Thoughts?

1. I like knowing exactly when I've earned a medal. (9 votes [34.62%])

Percentage of vote: 34.62%

2. I'm indifferent towards it. (8 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

3. The 'Achievement Ribbon' is obtrusive. I dislike it. (9 votes [34.62%])

Percentage of vote: 34.62%

Vote Hide poll

gunlion #1 Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:24 PM

Community Manager

• 0 battles
Many aspects of the UI in Update 1.5 have been changed or added to provide better visibility with what is occurring before and during battle. Please leave your feedback on these new UI features! 

gunlion #2 Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:07 PM

Community Manager

• 0 battles
Added one more question about the "Achievement Ribbon," the in-game UI pop up that shows you which medals and achievements you've earned. Let us know what you think about it! 

hermes4181 #3 Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:10 PM

Master Sergeant

• 57 battles
I have to say, I REALLY dislike the achievemnt ribbon.

GiN_nTonic #4 Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:47 AM

Captain

• 38 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
I downloaded the CT client but I get stuck at "Loading Hanger"....and it doesn't go anywhere.  I can hear music and what sounds like fireworks.....Anyone else have this issue?

Edited by GiNnTonic, 05 August 2014 - 12:47 AM.

Sojo #5 Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:10 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Splitting out "Crew" into a menu button was a mistake.  It's nice to be able to monitor crew skill progress without having to drill down and it's dissonant with the WoT UI.

It is nice that there's a clear "barracks" button now.  That was a total pain to find in the old UI.

Breezy1 #6 Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:37 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [ACES_] ACES_
I would like to have my pilot skills displayed in the standard hangar mode, as before...

Phrap #7 Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:02 AM

• Alpha tester
  • 20 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRock18, on 04 August 2014 - 11:10 PM, said:

Splitting out "Crew" into a menu button was a mistake.  It's nice to be able to monitor crew skill progress without having to drill down and it's dissonant with the WoT UI.

It is nice that there's a clear "barracks" button now.  That was a total pain to find in the old UI.

This. Moving the pilots to a new tab doesn't really seem necessary whatsoever, since there is now a lot of unused space on the default hangar screen.

Edited by Phrap, 05 August 2014 - 04:03 AM.

Raindrops #8 Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:38 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 46 battles
  • [EDF] EDF

^Agreement on the crew change. The tab was unnecessary, and It's much better to leave them in to open. A barracks button is nice, but I still want my crew on the home tab.

"Bought" a day's premium to see the new hangar - looks nice, though it is a bit bright. You can't look up without being blinded. Do like the lighting it provides, however.

"Dynamic" spectator camera really doesn't do much - seems to be pre-set angles from what I've seen, and considering the fat that you can get any angle you want in free-cam, there's nothing new to be had. For it to be useful, it would have to actually add something new - like a view from the ally's target or something.

I never said I was good.

USA needs GA too.

F16SkyPilot #9 Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 710 battles

I really like the new JS settings! Good job. :great:

I still would like to see a reticule in free camera view.

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself."

md4dodge #10 Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9 battles
  • [ACES_] ACES_

One bug I've noticed, the pre-battle load screen's allied info "shrinks" as the timer counts down.  
I want to be able to assign yaw buttons on my game pad. (controls are completely different now).

Love the new camera for JS and gamepad users.

Great update so far!!!  

hawkeyededic #11 Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 148 battles

the new "hangar" airfield is nice but the angle of the lighting is just awful, it is difficult to see the camouflage on some of the planes and makes others look odd. Moving teh "sun" upwards to about half way between high noon and the top of the hangar behind the plane would help a lot with this.

The crew tab is unneeded, it is nice to be able to see how your crew is progressing at a glance without having to click another button.

Pre-battle loading screen, too much information to take in in too little time, old one was better as you could get a general idea on your oppenents at a glance. Might be ok once you get use to it but for now too much info.

After Battle report is great, I like seeing exactly what happened in the battle.

The ground target markers are ok, probably better for the dedicated ground attackers, the inverted triangle though is a bit confusing in the heat of a battle, especially if you are not parallel to the ground, can take a moment to register as not a GA plane.

As a joystick user, I have not really noticed the camera changes too much in a fight, in fact until reminded about them I didn't notice it at all.

The Achievement ribbon gets int eh way and is distracting in a fight. I don't really care if I got an award or achievement during the battle, that is what the post-battle screen is there for.

Edited by hawkeyededic, 05 August 2014 - 06:58 PM.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

Sojo #12 Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Spectator cam got hung in a static position again.  -_-  

Really hope this would have been fixed.

Switching between free and dynamic cam slapped it into proper operation though, so at least that's progress.

MARS_REVENANT #13 Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

I was hoping there would be a change to the icons on the mini-map.  I have to clean my glasses, zoom all the way in, put my face against the screen and squint to notice the difference between the plain red dots which signify ground targets, and the red dots with the tiniest of black specs in the middle signifying a ground target with AA.

My suggestion would be to have the regular GTs remain as they are now as red dots, and the ground targets with AA be changed to red triangles.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

_Dreadnaught_ #14 Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 06 August 2014 - 09:30 PM, said:

I was hoping there would be a change to the icons on the mini-map.  I have to clean my glasses, zoom all the way in, put my face against the screen and squint to notice the difference between the plain red dots which signify ground targets, and the red dots with the tiniest of black specs in the middle signifying a ground target with AA.

My suggestion would be to have the regular GTs remain as they are now as red dots, and the ground targets with AA be changed to red triangles.

What the fu*k??? There are different dots between AA and GTs!? I never noticed lol

Planes earned: F2A-1(beta gold earned with), XP-77, Ki-88, XP-50, Model 81A-1, Meteor I, Hurricane IID, YP-29, Ha 137 and F11C-2

ArrowZ_ #15 Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:35 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 10 battles
  • The real-time achievements during battle is neat. I like it.
  • Not really agreed on the change on Pilot Crew UI.
  • Still no Barracks Icon on hanger. Add one please. Saves us from having to click the pilot just to go through the barracks.
  • Airfield Background is a nice change for Premium Users.
  • Plane stats comparison in-game before start of battle is a nice change. Is more neat and tidy. Good job WG.
  • Giving the option to switch off cinematic was a good decision. Thanks WG for creating the option.
  • Dynamic spectator cam is cool. Would be even cooler if we had a death kill cam.
  • Didn't really pick up on the changes on after battle report tab. Looked the same to me. But more info is always good.

Overall good UI changes minus the Pilot Crew UI change and no barracks Icon. Happy with everything else :great:

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

Sojo #16 Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:16 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

This is massively annoying.  Please make it stop doing this or at least give me the option to turn it off:

This is even more massively annoying.  Please make it stop doing this or at least give me the option to turn it off:

And most annoying of all... after being forced to kill 10 bots I now have no gold or credits and all my planes are gone out of my hangar except for tier I planes.  Soo... not playing on the test server any more, thanks.

ArrowZ_ #17 Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 10 battles
I barely noticed those lol. But I guess if you pay attention to the notifications in-game it does get quite annoying.

Styo #18 Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 37 battles
  • [-NK-] -NK-
Please put the Crew back on the Hangar screen. Not sure who's idea it was to move it, but that's just stupid.

nobody Knows

ArrowZ_ #19 Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:03 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 10 battles

View PostStyo, on 14 August 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

Please put the Crew back on the Hangar screen. Not sure who's idea it was to move it, but that's just stupid.

Repeat for emphasis.

Except you can keep the new Barracks Icon under the Crew UI. That's actually a good choice of position.

Styo #20 Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 37 battles
  • [-NK-] -NK-

I can't believe they still managed to move the crew. 

Just wondering, did you hire the guy to recommended to remove the Start button from Windows 8? Seems like he got fired and you hired him for his unrealistic ideas..... 

nobody Knows

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users