Update 1.5 feedback: Superiority

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Superiority feedback (22 members have cast votes)

How do you feel about composite Ground Targets?

1. They're awesome! Destroying Ground Targets now have an added element of involvement and strategy! (13 votes [59.09%])

Percentage of vote: 59.09%

2. I don't care for the composite segments and would prefer Ground Targets to remain a 'single' object. (9 votes [40.91%])

Percentage of vote: 40.91%

What about the 'armored' composite segments?

1. It makes GAs more useful, and adds another layer of depth to destroying Ground Targets. (15 votes [68.18%])

Percentage of vote: 68.18%

2. It adds unnecessary complexity to destroying Ground Targets. (7 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

Superiority got a major overhaul. What are your opinions?

1. I like how Superiority points now work, and I feel that the 'weight' of points for destroying Ground Targets and planes is good. (8 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

2. I like the new system, but wish Ground Targets weighed more for Superiority points than planes. (8 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

3. I prefer the old Superiority system. (6 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

Vote Hide poll

gunlion #1 Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:02 AM

Community Manager

• 1284 battles

Ground Targets and the Superiority scale have undergone a major overhaul in Update 1.5! 

Ground Targets now have multiple components that may have varying armor ratings, making them more resistant to damage from certain types of armament! It is also now possible to disable certain segments on Ground Targets, such as taking out an enemy warship's guns! 

Superiority points now directly correlate to the cost of destroyed Ground Targets or planes.

hermes4181 #2 Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:12 PM

Master Sergeant

• 8439 battles

I like the idea of different components on the GTs, but feel like there are far too many components - maybe a 50% reduction would work better?

SystemRename_999888 #3 Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:36 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22999 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Oh my goodness.  Cleanup needed on Bay, Aisles 1-22.  

Holy GTs Batman!  This is really excessive.  It looks like someone spilled a bag of Christmas M&Ms on the map during development and it got folded into the patch by mistake.  Whatever they did, tell them they need to do A LOT LESS OF IT.

If it's going to be like this they at least need to color code the air and ground icons so the aircraft aren't camouflaged by the pile of M&Ms below them.  It's really difficult to pick out an enemy plane from above whn he's over his own GTs.  And if nothing else, with the current server pop tending to produce a lot of short teams there's no way a team can cover their targets.  It's just going to become a race to see who can score the most ground targets every time, and it's going to be a total toss-up whether one team picks the right area to go to or not.  It's leaving far too much up to chance especially with a small player pop.

This is not good.

A deeper understanding of the difference between a fad and a fashion statement will enable you to win a fashion fueled guessing game. 

JVratix #4 Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:52 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5481 battles
Well, honestly, in the above map. Seems they moved more than they added. Of course some of those will have multiple parts but so many are missing from the lands portions of the existing maps and placed onto the water it makes it look like they added more than they actually did.

Donnchadh #5 Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:04 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10420 battles
  • [ACES_] ACES_

View PostRock18, on 04 August 2014 - 09:36 PM, said:

Oh my goodness.  Cleanup needed on Bay, Aisles 1-22.  

Holy GTs Batman!  This is really excessive.  It looks like someone spilled a bag of Christmas M&Ms on the map during development and it got folded into the patch by mistake.  Whatever they did, tell them they need to do A LOT LESS OF IT.

If it's going to be like this they at least need to color code the air and ground icons so the aircraft aren't camouflaged by the pile of M&Ms below them.  It's really difficult to pick out an enemy plane from above whn he's over his own GTs.  And if nothing else, with the current server pop tending to produce a lot of short teams there's no way a team can cover their targets.  It's just going to become a race to see who can score the most ground targets every time, and it's going to be a total toss-up whether one team picks the right area to go to or not.  It's leaving far too much up to chance especially with a small player pop.

This is not good.

I don't see having a ton of ground targets as a bad thing, but I agree it's horrible the way they've coloured ground targets so much like aircraft that it's difficult to tell the difference. It's hard enough keeping situational awareness without making it tough to see the enemy.

Donnchadh.png

losttwo #6 Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:22 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
I could suggest that the ground target should have different color coding such as blue for friendly and yellow for enemy, but I won't.

Tarrasq #7 Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

Senior Airman

• 1422 battles
Anyone else seeing bombs being less effective.  My cannons rip things up, so do rockets, but I've bombed the same ship multiple times but it never seems to finish the ship off.

SystemRename_999888 #8 Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:52 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22999 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
No headquarters any more?  Shouldn't that at least be mentioned in the patch notes?
A deeper understanding of the difference between a fad and a fashion statement will enable you to win a fashion fueled guessing game. 

JVratix #9 Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5481 battles
No HQ is a wonderful thing, now maybe the HF's won't all rush off to drop their load on it :P Sadly I cannot get into the test to check it out for myself, guess I'll have to wait for it to be released. :(

Tuesdaysgone #10 Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:10 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6304 battles
If it's going to be like this they at least need to color code the air and ground icons so the aircraft aren't camouflaged by the pile of M&Ms below them.  YES!:medal:

"Virgil Caine is my name, and I served on the Danville train"
Not Scared to play SOLO!

Zen35 #11 Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

Aerial Ninjitsu

• Community Ace
  • 3758 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

The map above is a perfect example of the dilemma LF will face now....

LF are basically useless in destroying any armored target.....maybe pick a few points off here and there...

Some HF and all the GA are the only ones that can inflict serious damage to those type of targets now......

So here is the LF dilemma......

Do the LF protect their GA & HF now????

Or

Do LF now go out and hunt down the other teams GA

This is going to be interesting !!!!!

If you see the Tracers...............It's too late

holakc #12 Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7273 battles

we dont want World Of "Ground Targets"..please leave it as it is World Of "WarPlanes"

Edited by holakc, 07 August 2014 - 12:15 PM.

www.hitbox.tv/holakc

WoWp clan (currently not allowed to have a diferent from my WoT clan) //// WoT clan = [ACA] "Argentina Compañía Acorazada"

SystemRename_999888 #13 Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:43 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22999 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostTarrasq, on 05 August 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

Anyone else seeing bombs being less effective.  My cannons rip things up, so do rockets, but I've bombed the same ship multiple times but it never seems to finish the ship off.

Yes.  Even on transports in an IL-20 and IL-40.   >.<

danbuter #14 Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:07 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3474 battles
If bombs don't kill ground targets, it kind of defeats the point of carrying them (other than to kill tailgaters).

ArrowZ_ #15 Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 9554 battles

View PostZen35, on 06 August 2014 - 07:23 AM, said:

The map above is a perfect example of the dilemma LF will face now....

LF are basically useless in destroying any armored target.....maybe pick a few points off here and there...

Some HF and all the GA are the only ones that can inflict serious damage to those type of targets now......

So here is the LF dilemma......

Do the LF protect their GA & HF now????

Or

Do LF now go out and hunt down the other teams GA

This is going to be interesting !!!!!

No different to the old mechanic. Just taking out the ability for LFs to strafe GTs with ease. Now the LFs objectives are narrowed down to careful decisions between GA support, Hunting GAs and Air-to-Air dogfights. Choosing between those will determine the success/fails of each LF in any match.

Some LFs like the german FWs and BFs are still capable of strafing GTs in 1.5. Just takes more effort than before. Pretty much any LF with 20s and 30 mms can penetrate most GTs but still not all of them. But that what's skill progression is all about right?

Now we LFs get to practice our pinpoint precision aim for those tiny Yellow Hit boxes that are so darn hard to hit especially with that stupid tracer-reticle bug. Inb4 LFs with rockets (which is already in practice well before 1.5)

IMO, I'd say this is a good change. It definitely eliminated the whole "Light Speed" supremacy meter just by rushing a few GTs and hiding scenario. Good on WG for changing this mechanic. They deserve a pat in the back.

Edited by ArrowZ_, 08 August 2014 - 03:19 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

The_Brett #16 Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

Senior Airman

• 8347 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I like the idea of planes being worth more points than GT's.

I think there are to many composites to some of the GT"s. I stink with the IL-2(t) and I was able to get at least 48 targets but that doesn't equate into very many completely destroyed GT's.

Edited by The_Brett, 11 August 2014 - 05:42 PM.

TheHuffpuff #17 Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4456 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Ground targets should be weighed more per composite point.

Will edit when I get future updates.

Edited by TheHuffpuff, 16 August 2014 - 09:32 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users