Update 1.5 general feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

pigeon_kicker #41 Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [SF] SF

After just a bit of flying in the Ct server brought both joy and tear's, great big drop's.  And just some utter absolute approval of your changes thus far.....

Pigeon's 1.5.0 review -- 8-10-2014

Crew Tab, gets in the way and uses valuable space, move it to be small little tabs to the left of  the 

crew members picture, easy to get to, and IN THE RIGHT SPOT so to say. No need for the extra step to0 

get to the barracks... I guess, sounded good at least.

If you get fouled up updating or installing the program, do not clear the %appdata%\wargaming.net 

folder You will lose your settings... Unless your game is really screwed up, then do the above.
BUT try this first. Start button\run command\%temp%
fing wargaming.net folder, go in and remove the world_of_warplanes_ct folder.

The achievement award sound does kinda sound like a gun hit... may be confusing for less expierenced 

players while in flight.  I thought about it the first time i heard it, and the second, etc... you get 

the picture.

The Balancing act you did with the ground target's was brilliant, Make the attackers work for it, and 

have to use different types of flight combinations to be able to achieve thier goal, your point's 

system has not yet been really scrutinized by myself or my team mates, we plan on doing a 2 hour event 

with our team and doing nothing but be flying and tearing the game apart so to say, We are gonna throw 

every bit of confermation data for our strats.

I like the option of going out into the air and not the hanger, nice screwaround feature.  Would like 

to see the reintroduction of the crew while in the hanger.  The addition of the CREW INCOMPLETE was a 

nice touch.

The addition of "How To Hit The GT's" introduction photos proved useful, i am talking about the ones 

you see in the battle loading screen.  Also, the new features available for information gathering, stat 

checking, Probability percentages, all were nice, but I would like to be able to click on my own name 

and see mine. Just Sayin....

The new field of vision was a welcomed addition, perhaps you can also create one for the ground target 

icon angle of view while aiming.  Meaning, you turn it up or down and the camera view UNDER the plane 

changes along with it, points more to the ground or tword the sky.  I have played with this in the 

camera presets a bit and have found some success.

The announcement of your unlocking an achievement shouold be selectable i think.  Meaning, on=you get 

the sound, thingey. off=well the light bulb is burnt out.  The word's going across your screen telling 

you about your acomplishments are to much IN THE WAY..... maybe a small pop up scroll window to feed 

you ingame news and things like that..  Again make this an optional setting.

I felt that the bot's did a satisfactory job in getting a new, frest pilot off the ground and have a 

basic idea of what is going on.  They did the easy evasions, minor attacks, ETC....  A seasoned pilot 

will find these to be nothing but agrivating and cumbersom to have to go thru, Giving them a choice 

would be nice.

The addition of the restriction's in the amount of BOT's that can be included into a training room 

should be lifted or at least raised a bit. We go into these training room's very often, using it to 

have an almost impossible odd's set-up on the other side, and try to formulate a plan to win.  If for 

instance you go into a training room by your self with it as it stands, you can only add two bots.  So 

am i correct in thinking that you must have your side 1/2 full to get the roster filled with bot' on 

the other side ?  Please remove the Training room team difference restrictions or raise them a bit.

Dont care about the MM right now, no matter what we say or do to try to change it, it is just simply 

not going to happen until the population increases.  You should maybe think about just making it 

standard to FILL the flights with bot's if neccessary.  I dunno, you guy's figure it out.  BUT my input 

is that it is making the smaller flight's and not combining the two tier up or two tier down rule. This 

is a nice addition, especially since the game membership base simply has not grown enough yet.  Nice 

work on trying to keep it balanced...

The Optional camera view will prove very useful in the aspect of making video's of the replays.  AND 

for watching in game i guess.  Nice touch that you added there, TY.

Thank you for allowing us to turn off the cinimatic, also the spacebar to switch is nice.  It was a 

much needed addition, The game seem's to play smoother (as far as actual gameplay time VS gamewait 

time.  I have noticed a possible problem when you go to the tech tree, does the sidebar on the right

side ALWAYS open up when you go into it ???? It has just about every time for me, kinda annoying.

The armored targets are a bit on the tough side, This really need's to be addressed.  Splitting them up 

like you did was enought to swing the tactical choices available.  But damn are those things HARD to 

kill.

The additional options, and ease of setup for the keyboard/mouse scheme at least for me, The graph 

seems to be more accurate in what the plane does with the settings.

Exactly how much did you increase the effectiveness of the AA guns and such, Holy cow batman, you 

better be reay to take some SERIOUS hits.  they may be to powerfull.

How come the mustangs suck so much, that plane was the first on the chopping block and never recovered, 

it is almost like a bad joke from WG to try to make that line now.

The roll limit option limits th roll to much i think.

Why did you rip out our rear gunner's eye's ??????

Sometimes we are already struggeling to get the Ground Target's, now they are better, and our bomb's 

suck camel snot......

Please separate the cache files between the CT version and the NA version.  It hurts the game having to 

clear the 1.5.0 data everytime to get mymod's working correctly.

hope this feedback helps in making the game better.

See you in the air all.

[TSF] Pigeon Kicker

Edited by pigeon_kicker, 10 August 2014 - 10:22 AM.

If you want to make god laugh, tell him about your plans for survival..

Lead developer for the NACCW web site. Author of the Pigeon Pak Mod Installer

www.team-sf.com

FlakValleyExpress #42 Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

Captain

• 16 battles

Block Quote

USSR
Il-10 airframe tier raised from VI to VII

Il-10M airframe tier raised from VII to VIII

China
Tier of Hawk III airframe decreased from IV to II

Great Britain
.50 Browning M2 machine guns tier raised from V to VI

Great Britain
Mustang Mk.I: increased maneuverability, increased speed and acceleration performance in a dive, improved acceleration performance in non-boost and boost engine modes, improved maneuverability. The plane's flight characteristics now more closely resemble those of the P-51A Mustang

The question I have are these category changes or nerfs to the the aircraft? Specifically, I am wonder how this will affect the airframes for the noted planes listed above? Reduce HPs?

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

BrushWolf #43 Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 52 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

I don't know if this is not having my joystick settings right or lag from the higher ping but the planes seem to jerk towards the direction you move the stick instead of the smoother movements of live.

I don't like having to kill a particular tier 1 plane to unlock that country. After a half dozen matches both against bots and people with several 4 and 5 kill matches I still haven't been able to get a kill on the Type 91. I know you can bypass this but that isn't what a new player should do.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

RagingLemon #44 Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:03 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
I cant log in.. It says email or pass is wrong but i know its not

HEAVEYGEAR #45 Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:09 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 83 battles

Just got back from a long weekend away and updated the 1.5 CT. I have lost all planes except the first 4 tier 1's.

Has everything been reset??

I've knocked on death's door.....no one answered.....I don't complain much anymore.

Me.

pigeon_kicker #46 Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [SF] SF

yes

www.team-sf.com

HEAVEYGEAR #47 Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:24 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 83 battles
Crap.....

I've knocked on death's door.....no one answered.....I don't complain much anymore.

Me.

pigeon_kicker #48 Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [SF] SF

View PostHEAVEYGEAR, on 11 August 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

Crap.....

+1 man

www.team-sf.com

HEAVEYGEAR #49 Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:17 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 83 battles

I'd like to report a bug.

I don't have any planes that I worked so hard for!! (not even the ones in my regular account)

All that's there is 4 lowly tier 1's........

Why would WG do this in the first place????  :amazed:

Me.

HEAVEYGEAR #50 Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:25 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 83 battles

View Postpigeon_kicker, on 12 August 2014 - 12:13 AM, said:

+1 man

+1 back at ya!

Me.

ArrowZ_ #51 Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:24 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 10 battles

View PostHEAVEYGEAR, on 13 August 2014 - 02:47 AM, said:

I'd like to report a bug.

I don't have any planes that I worked so hard for!! (not even the ones in my regular account)

All that's there is 4 lowly tier 1's........

Why would WG do this in the first place????  :amazed:

For the newbs my friend. It's all for the newbs :veryhappy: 

The newly registered ones that is when 1.5 officially comes out.

Edited by ArrowZ_, 13 August 2014 - 02:25 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

HEAVEYGEAR #52 Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:39 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 83 battles

LOL I guess your right.

It's clubbing time then!!!!!!  :playing:

Me.

HEAVEYGEAR #53 Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:53 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 83 battles

View PostHEAVEYGEAR, on 12 August 2014 - 11:39 PM, said:

LOL I guess your right.

It's clubbing time then!!!!!!  :playing:

Only for the CT test of course....:hiding:

Me.

Phrap #54 Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 20 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

New findings after playing Tier X:

The doubled render distance is great! The ability to lock onto targets that far away... Not so great.

I normally cycle through targets with "lock next target" rather than picking them individually. This works great in 1.4.1, but trying to use it in CT 1.5 (at least at tier X) is a recipe for disaster. It'll lock onto targets up to 6km away, which is useless for me if i'm trying to quickly cycle to the guy that is on my tail, or that I am about to start shooting.

I think the view/render distance should stay doubled, but that the locking of targets should be kept at a decent maximum distance (2km seems to work fine for 1.4.1). Having to cycle or be forced to use a different method really interrupts the flow of gameplay for me, so I'd love to see the new locking distance adjusted a bit.

Edited by Phrap, 14 August 2014 - 04:23 PM.

PeraNS #55 Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:07 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
t8 Me 262 is not the same plane: low firepower, slow roll rate. wth happened?

Edited by PeraNS, 23 August 2014 - 06:09 PM.

spider_x #56 Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:05 PM

Master Sergeant

• 19 battles
Oops .. * wrong thread *

Edited by spider_x, 23 August 2014 - 09:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users