Update 1.5 general feedback
Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:59 AM
Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:12 PM
Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:14 PM
Can't change my settings -- window shows up blank and locked up. Escape key gets out of menu, but that's the only response I can get.
Found the fix in the announcement thread:
Please follow these steps to resolve your issue:
Press WIN+R keys at the same time.
Type: %appdata%\wargaming.net\World of Warplanes_CT and then hit "OK" or press "enter".
Delete the entire World of Warplanes_CT folder that pops up.
Now please close the Appdata folder and launch the game.
My game folder name was a little different (I think it was World of Warplanes CT (no underscore)), but worked like a champ.
Edited by TheWhiteRaven, 04 August 2014 - 11:50 PM.
White Raven Gaming - a Community for Gamers that Play Hard and With a Sense of Humor
Find us on YouTube (search White Raven Gaming) for Ace matches, funny moments, and tips and tricks!
Creator of WoWP Flight Log (wowpflights.com), a replay site for World of Warplanes
Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:53 PM
Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:54 PM
Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:23 PM
If you bought it since July 29th it won't be there, that's when they copied the server data from the normal server. Honestly, with the rate at which you earn credits and XP on the CT server it doesn't matter anyway.
If you changed your password in the last week it will be your old password. If you have an account on the RU or EU server then that account takes priority over your NA account.
Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:09 PM
Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:48 PM
I am loving the changes! It seems like a completely new game! Is there a way to set yourself farther back away from your plane in 3rd person view??
Edited by Breezy1, 05 August 2014 - 01:09 AM.
Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:02 AM
Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:06 AM
Can't enable vertical inversion, checking the box has no effect. It's basically unflyable to me.
NVM. Between clearing the CT Appdata folder and unchecking the "Basic settings only" box (I was already in advanced mouse settings!) the problem has resolved.
Edited by Rock18, 05 August 2014 - 04:09 AM.
Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:14 AM
I could really care less about the new achievements for now, but the metallic ping sound when one is unlocked has got to go, or at least be changed to something that doesn't sound exactly like your aircraft being hit.
Causes unnecessary confusion.
Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:38 AM
1st AlphaAce IL-2 (t)(Air)
Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:09 AM
So far so good here. Couple things:
- -> The new supremacy mechanic is fantastic, well done on the changes. It is more or less balanced with this new design. Good job WG
- The new GT design will take some time to get used to, player aim accuracy is very crucial for effective damage as the hitboxes for these GTs are extremely small. GTs being invulnerable to damage by lighter MGs is abit of a downside, swaying players to use ordinance or high auto-cannons for effective damage to provide GT support. Also more GTs than usual in every map is interesting and the fact that HQ is completely erased makes for some interesting map diversions. These changes is good and bad in a way I guess. It'll probably take a while for people to adapt to these new changes.
- New hanger UI was unnecessary; The pilot crew UI was fine before (Idk why you changed that). Infact the Old UI was fine, except we were missing the Barracks Icon.
- Enhanced Player Stat UI in hanger was an interesting and welcoming change. More information of player's performances, medals, acheivements has been added with this new change. Another good job there.
- New Hanger Airfield background for Premium Accounts is awesome.
- The new FoV is quite interesting but I personally found little effect from turning it ON FULL RIGHT then OFF. Felt a little uncomfortable at first but im sure its just one of those things you have to get used to.
- New Bot Mode is a disappointment. Other than the fact that the games are filled 15v15 with the majority of them being bots, the challenge is still too easy. Bots are simply not difficult enough to kill. The rewards are lacking. Missions and achievements only? Brings no real substance nor any great reason to keep continuing this new game mode. Unless ofcourse you like beating up bots 24/7 in easy mode then this mode is just for you!
- The MM is also combined with Standard and Bot mode which is questionable towards the Que's normal flow of standard battles, but I guess the main determining factor here is Population. The higher it is, the less MM is affected by the 2 different modes.
- New camera modes during spectate mode is interesting and cool. Different view angles is always nice. Great for media use.
- Option to switch off cinematic at the start of battle was nice. Thanks for doing that WG. Atleast you gave the option to disable it which is the best solution for people who don't want it on and for those that do want it on.
- In-game Achievement Notification is genius. Gives you the thrill of progression during the heat of battle.
I give this patch 2 thumbs up for diversity and interesting mechanic changes. Nice effort WG. Hope to see more patches with this much content in the future.
Edited by ArrowZ_, 05 August 2014 - 09:28 AM.
That Ozi Client Side Lagger
Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:54 AM
Well, where to begin?
PvE has its own separate queue - which is good, but it is a bit light around eight at night, so I went to the training room to look at Canyon first.
The tactical map. Two fairly-compact bases full of targets, with a deep trench running up the center of the map. Be careful not to lock yourself in.
New targets on the new map - note all the different icons, relating to the different types available.
Strafing a target - note the boxes. Each target is made of severalparts - squares are just points, the triangle the AA gun for the target. Destroying any portion ads to superiority, but you must destroy all the parts to "kill" a target. The distinction between targets and points if shown on the post-battle tab. As seen here - I destroyed several pieces - but only one target in total.
Targets have been redesigned and moved on all maps I saw for the new system - on Eastern Front, the little "islands" were removed, giving a consistent front - Bay looked fairly much the same, but had new targets as well.
PvE match - AI opponents are really easy to take down, providing less challenge than the server's own ping. Superiority goes up extremely fast, as well - both teams need to keep killing targets consistently to prevent a (very fast) lopsided win. Lack of proper rewards at the end doesn't sell me on it either, but it should fill a need for winding down after a rough day in normal matches - just don;t expect a challenge.
New post-battle "cinematic" is just a few seconds looking at the map before fading to black. Not much too it.
New pre-battle comparisons are nice though - gives you a better breakdown of the opposing stats.
Also of note with the new targets - rockets are near-worthless. Most basic targets are too far apart for the miserable blast radius, and the parts have low enough health to be taken out by guns anyways. Hold the rockets for ships - which are big enough to take them - or maybe fortifications.
And the Chinese planes, for the interested:
2x12.7 at tier four? Well... Best of luck to ya. Look like they'll be mediocre planes - chip damage and high agility, making them yet another pain for the Japanese, without concerning much else.
Going to double-post so as to not trigger the "too many photos" error.
Edited by Raindrops, 05 August 2014 - 12:18 PM.
I never said I was good.
Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:15 PM
Back in the hangar, the rew now have a sepetrate tab - this is a bad change in my opinion, as it adds another click to changing crew, rather than seeing them on the front page. It's not one-click barracks access like in WoT anyways. It's not like the new "events" tab should take up enough room to force the crew out either.
Service record looks different - ambivalent about the changes. Does let you scroll through awards faster, but statistics look a bit off in the same space. Just feel squashed by not filling the new space. I do like that you can now view each plane's individual awards, however.
(And a trophy for shooting an enemy? Really?)
New nosearts for all nations - seems to be mostly pin-up girls. More selection is good regardless.
Couple new "hints" I found important - don't hit your allies, and an explanation to the new scoring. Note the point differences - planes are worth a lot more, and make for the most of superiority - GTs still provide, but its a constant trickle in comparison.
Oh, and the new post-death spectating mode? Lets you cycle between a set of fixed camera angles. Pretty mediocre, in my opinion. Especially when you can attain any angle you want in the free-look camera anyways, so it provides nothing new.
All in all:
-new map - good
-new arts - okay
-new awards - okay
-crew tab - bad
-new targets - great for "fighter-bombers," not so for GAs.
I'll have to try and play more to test how much the new superiority can swing, but at the moment it seems pretty extreme, and will end battles fast for the unwary. Controls will have to be looked at later as well - why does the CT always reset my settings anyways..?
Edited by Raindrops, 05 August 2014 - 12:21 PM.
I never said I was good.
Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:10 PM
GOing into this with the view of a "new" player due to my being stuck once more with an EU account that only has T-1 on it (T-2 plane from before the cut-off date did not transfer but that is another issue) the new player experience is just awful now. Being forced to fly against bots till you get 10 kills for a new player is a ridiculous requirement, I got a feeling most new players won't stick around long enough to get their 10 kills, and the AI, though somewhat improved, is still not going to teach them anything. Tutorials didn't pop up for me till AFTER I had finished my 10 kills, so a new player is being put into a battle with no idea of how the game controls work.
Suggestion, WIPE all player data from CT so there is a real test of the new player experience, with all the changes made this part maybe the most important, after all retaining new players is what will make the game grow and not having it tested properly is going to hurt the game in the long run.
Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:56 PM
Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:03 PM
the armored targets ARE WAY to strong, im in an il40p can it takes 3-4 passes to destroy one red tank, im using armor piercing prem ammo and ill do 300-400 damage on a "red" target, and thats with it lined up and firing from 1200m away till 100m, ive dropped the 4.5k bomb square on a tank and diddnt bring it to half health
and to everyone saying there is no longer an hq, ur wrong, there is still 1 building or ship with 5-9k hp and gives you 20 pointes and -20% enemy advantage when you destroy it, if you can cause thoose little circle "bunkers" can take a 15k bomb blast from the il-20
the "red" GT's are so overpowerd i dont even attempt to finish off a boat anymore, hit the yellows move on
2 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users