Video: How many planes can one pilot dodge?

replay P-36 flight ram

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

MagusGerhardt #1 Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:46 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 669 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I believe this battle holds the record for the most near-miss rams and mid-air almost-collisions I have faced and survived to increase the K/D ratio.  Seriously; you could almost make a drinking game out of this.  

1.  If Magus is nearly rammed, take a drink. :teethhappy:

2.  If Magus narrowly avoids a team collision, take a drink. :unsure:

3.  If Magus does a barrel roll of exuberance at being alive after either of the above, take two drinks. :eyesup:

4.  If Magus gets rammed and he didn't intend that outcome, finish your drink.:sad:

Laugh now, but I still haven't made my Terrible Mr Grimshaw video yet.  :trollface:

Anyway, to the P-36 battle, my hat is tipped to Buck for his performance here.  I wasn't satisfied with how much time he had onscreen in my first release of this video, so I reworked my camera angles to better show what my trusty wingman was up to while keeping the overall action on screen as well.

I swear our pilots could have high-fived each other on a few occasions during this fight.

Musical credits go to Harold Faltermayer for the intro and Cheap Trick with "Mighty Wings" for the battle and credits.

Good hunting!  :honoring:

I do have a thread in General Game Discussion featuring more videos.  I've kept the thread there because more than just the videos has been discussed there.  Maybe I should set up a thread here in Community Creations solely for my videos.  What do you guys think?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

redtalon92 #2 Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:26 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Nice vid magus! I have a weird, strange obsession with pushing my planes to the limit, and scaring the crap out of teammates/enemies with how close I am willing to push my plane to your plane. I have paid the price numerous times learning how to do it, but it makes the wins that much sweeter when you know you just barely missed a friendly by 2m, or skim the ground to finish off a GT. Here is proof of said craziness (since I don't know how to do vids):

I was right behind my friend, and we were coming in on this IL, I was 100m behind him, but I had more boost. I climbed a bit on the approach so I wouldn't hit him, but just. As the IL went down, I pulled up, scaring the crap out of my friend. He thought it was 3m away, but I guess it was 5.

Again, nice vid Magus, love to see tight battles like that!

HEAVEYGEAR #3 Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:35 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 670 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_
Good job! I really like how you two stay together.  :playing:

I've knocked on death's door.....no one answered.....I don't complain much anymore.

Me.

Alcoholism #4 Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
nice vid, fixed your neg, prob from the emo guy raging in that match

losttwo #5 Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:42 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3267 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Another great video, this stuff ain't easy with the limited camera angles.

WapperJaw #6 Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:02 AM

Master Sergeant

• 7 battles
I would not fly with you!!! I don't like it when friendlies fly that close to me. 

MagusGerhardt #7 Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:13 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 669 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostWapperJaw, on 04 August 2014 - 10:02 PM, said:

I would not fly with you!!! I don't like it when friendlies fly that close to me. 

No worries, Wapperjaw.  I don't push the envelope any further than my wingman is comfortable with.  Buck and I were thriving on the close-in aerial knifefighting in this match, but I'm also known for flying at a distance from my wingman as we Thach weave our opponents to death.

I flew like a bat out of hell in this mission, but that is not always how I fly.

Good hunting!  :honoring:

Edited by MagusGerhardt, 05 August 2014 - 05:55 AM.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #8 Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

Captain

• 979 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Ya Magus, I got a couple of guys that will put a coat of paint between me and them... nuthin' better then 2 sets of guns on point... it's like Doublemint Gum "It's two, two..." hehe

+1 nice flight and game

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users