Weekly Missions: Eastern Skies

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Content_WG #1 Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 0 battles
Prep your favorite Soviet or German aircraft and gain some altitude, because you'll need some serious speed to complete these missions!

Full news text

BrushWolf #2 Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:58 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4651 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
Nice, there is even a small bone for the Sky Whale riders.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Lithiumninja #3 Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:23 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2982 battles
  • [REGAL] REGAL
Is there any particular reason why my count only goes up by 2 in games where I get 4 kills? 

Ranyor #4 Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:22 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4937 battles
Only light fighter kills count. If you kill heavy fighters or ground attack aircraft those kills will not count towards the mission.

Jarod997 #5 Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 665 battles
  • [CS7-E] CS7-E

Any reason you guys have the Heavy excluded and Ground attack excluded backwards with respect to the country?

Example 1: 

German Engineering I germany.png

Destroy five (5) enemy fighters (Ground attack aircraft not included).

• Must be flying a German aircraft
  • Tier III or higher
  • Once per account

There are no German Ground attack planes - but there are Heavy fighters...

Example 2:

Soviet Skies I ussr.png

Destroy five (5) enemy fighters (Heavy fighters not included).

• Must be flying a Soviet aircraft
  • Tier III or higher
  • Once per account

There are no Soviet Heavy fighters, but there are Ground attack planes...

Example 3:

IL Rules

Place in your team's top five XP earners.

• Must be in a Ground attack aircraft
  • Repeatable

Well ok, that one is good. ;)

As of: 17 Sep 2014
Strafing Ratio: 4.21
Ground Pounder: 205 (new system)

Thunders: 2

Njanear #6 Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

Master Sergeant

• 7431 battles

Jarod997:

They are saying that if you are in a German aircraft (German Engineering I), only Soviet fighters count for kills (not GA), and if you are in Soviet aircraft, only German Light Fighter kills count (not heavies).

ETA:  DOH!!  I am a knucklehead.  It is indeed not just limited to the opposing force - just the category of aircraft.  Sorry for that oversight. :hiding:

Edited by Njanear, 25 June 2014 - 11:03 PM.

The game's largest rammer magnet - I always seem to attract enemy planes to my engine. :facepalm:

THEMARCO1979 #7 Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

• 9092 battles
  • [SF] SF

Either the wording is not clear or something is wrong with the count. "Destroy five (5) enemy fighters (Ground attack aircraft not included)." It is clearly stated that Ground Attack are not included.  However it does not distinguish between light, or heavy fighters it simply says fighters, so I would assume it includes both.  This is backed up by not specifically excluding Heavy Fighters as they stated with Ground Attack.  There is also no specific nationality listed so I assume that Light and Heavy Fighters of any nationality should count.

The problem I was having is that the counts seemed inaccurate, I was not being credited for some heavy fighters.  I didn't take screen shots, but I did notice it in several battles.  I ended up completing the mission up to 40 by just continuing to grind until it said mission completed.

I'm not looking for any compensation.  Just wanted to make people aware that this was an issue I was having.

TM79

____________________________________________________________________________________

[SF]THEMARCO1979 -- RECRUITMENT OFFICER, WOWP DIVISION - WWW.TEAM-SF.COM

____________________________________________________________________________________

BitterClinger #8 Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3810 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

Folks, I believe they are talking about straight kills on Fighter aircraft.

Soviet Skies works if you're flying any Soviet aircraft that is above Tier II. I got a good start on my Soviet Skies in my IL-2t and finished it up in my Yak-3.

German Skies works if you are flying any German aircraft that is above Tier II. I'm switching between my Bf 109 G and my newly purchased German Spitfire to complete this mission.

The exclusions are on enemies you kill. So, killing Heavy Fighters while flying your German aircraft will not count towards this mission. Likewise, killing Attack Aircraft while flying your Soviet aircraft will not count towards that mission.

THEMARCO1979 #9 Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:22 PM

• 9092 battles
  • [SF] SF

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 25 June 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

Either the wording is not clear or something is wrong with the count. "Destroy five (5) enemy fighters (Ground attack aircraft not included)." It is clearly stated that Ground Attack are not included.  However it does not distinguish between light, or heavy fighters it simply says fighters, so I would assume it includes both.  This is backed up by not specifically excluding Heavy Fighters as they stated with Ground Attack.  There is also no specific nationality listed so I assume that Light and Heavy Fighters of any nationality should count.

The problem I was having is that the counts seemed inaccurate, I was not being credited for some heavy fighters.  I didn't take screen shots, but I did notice it in several battles.  I ended up completing the mission up to 40 by just continuing to grind until it said mission completed.

I'm not looking for any compensation.  Just wanted to make people aware that this was an issue I was having.

TM79

Here is some proof that the counts are off.

Starting with 13/40 kills

Spoiler

Got 5 kills in the next one, but was only credited 4 towards the mission. All were tier 3 and 4, all were fighters or ground attack.  

Spoiler

Maybe because the I17 is Russian?  The mission didnt say anything about nationalities?

Am I missing something?

EDIT - Here it is again, 3 kills and only credited for two.  Again, the only thing I can think of is that Russian planes don't count.

Spoiler

EDIT 2 - But now I get the mission credit for a fellow Russian plane... I have no idea.  But something is up.

Spoiler

TM79

Edited by THEMARCO1979, 25 June 2014 - 10:45 PM.

[SF]THEMARCO1979 -- RECRUITMENT OFFICER, WOWP DIVISION - WWW.TEAM-SF.COM

Dsembr_Rein #10 Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:39 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4497 battles
The wording is awkward but you are only going to get credit for shooting down light fighters, heavies and GA don't count for either nationality's mission. It seems like they planned for it to be a nation vs. nation mission, where you'd only get credit for downing German fighters in your Russian fighter and vice versa, thus the "Heavy Fighters -" and "Ground attack aircraft not included" qualifications, but either they changed it or it's counting all fighters downed regardless of their nation.

Jarod997 #11 Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 665 battles
  • [CS7-E] CS7-E
Meh, that makes sense. But that really threw me off when I read it.

As of: 17 Sep 2014
Strafing Ratio: 4.21
Ground Pounder: 205 (new system)

Thunders: 2

danbuter #12 Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:50 PM

• 3035 battles

I had kills with my Fw190V. They did not count for the event for some reason. I've heard from others they have had the same issue with this plane.

edit: oops, it was a heavy fighter. I was thinking they counted.

Edited by danbuter, 28 June 2014 - 05:36 PM.

Daniel5a #13 Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7989 battles
  • [FALO] FALO
Sometime, take account aircraft killed and others no. (Germany supremacy). meantimes, with all my ILs still i get 0/5 , 0/15 y 0/40 in Russian Supremacy when still i m very sure i get killed some fighters :ohmy: (do you know? fighters come "TOO" close to ILs too easy:child:).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users