Joystick control acts up or package loss ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

RedSpartacus #1 Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

Hi,

From time to time flying a curve, not too steep, the plane starts to roll. Let's say I am flying a curve to the left and all of a sudden the plane starts to roll to the left. Trying to push the stick to the right doesn't help. To regain control I have to push the stick to the left in the direction of the roll, wait until I am in a horizontal position and keep flying for short time strait. After that everything seems okay. But flying the next curve the same problem occurs.

Imagine that this is deadly being involved in a dogfight or ends in a crash when happening at low altitude.

Does this come with packets loss or wrong joystick settings ?

Edited by RedSpartacus, 12 June 2014 - 05:57 PM.

RUN WITH THE PACK

Chuck_norris10 #2 Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:47 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2635 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

I sure hope you dont lose your "package":laugh:

Are you useing the correct joystick in the settings drop down menu?

losttwo #3 Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:31 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8258 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Sounds like you are using a mouse. A mouse player doing a slight turn will auto level if the settings are not correct.

While the game mechanic is designed for exaggerated movement in standard configuration. It is also the same in joystick with auto level and flaps on. In my mouse settings if I do not continue to move my mouse left or right in order to continue a turn the program auto levels and correct the flight path. Much like you are describing.

Basically the mouse auto centers. I compensate by lifting the mouse up or using the roll and flap keys for shorter mouse movement on a limited surface.

Been a while since I reset my joystick for in game but with my joystick I never had to compensate for turning. If my joystick was far left I kept going far left ( actually roll left then pull back )

If your joystick is acting like a mouse then check your settings " advanced joystick " then perhaps contact support or the joystick manufacturers.

Chuck_norris10 #4 Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:52 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2635 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP
When I saw package loss I immediately thought of my x wife.

RedSpartacus #5 Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
The joystick is set to 'Custom'. I play with a Microsoft Side Winder Force Feedback 2 Joystick. That joystick is not on the list. Underneath is a slider sort of automatic rudder compensation. I moved this slider to full, applied and saved the settings. Maybe that was my problem. Have to test it for some games.
  RUN WITH THE PACK

EnlightenU #6 Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
I'm getting multiple instances where my joystick wont fire or quits firing. Its random and frequent. I have no lag issues - it simply quits firing or wont fire guns at all.

RedSpartacus #7 Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
@EnlightenU

I can confirm that, thought the button got jammed. Interesting.
  RUN WITH THE PACK

Chuck_norris10 #8 Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2635 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostRedSpartacus, on 13 June 2014 - 05:46 AM, said:

The joystick is set to 'Custom'. I play with a Microsoft Side Winder Force Feedback 2 Joystick. That joystick is not on the list. Underneath is a slider sort of automatic rudder compensation. I moved this slider to full, applied and saved the settings. Maybe that was my problem. Have to test it for some games.

I shut that right off and experiment with dead zones in all your settings,

gregrr #9 Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6 battles
I'm having the same problem with intermittent firing. But only when pointed at a target... It only affects firing, dropping bombs, and launching rockets. Just started today.

RedSpartacus #10 Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
Found the problem, it isn't the joystick. I fly a lot in FSX and do have rudder pedals (Saitek). When I accidently activate one of the toe brakes the jostick input gets overwritten. One toe brake is for roll and the other toe brake for pitch. I couldn't find any settings to disengage toe brakes in WOW.
  RUN WITH THE PACK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users