Soviet Yak Tech Tree

Yak Yak-1 Yak-7 elite tech tree soviet soviet

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

jpnunn #1 Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:39 AM

Senior Airman

• 722 battles

I am confused about how the tech trees work when there is a split like where you have the Yak-7 splitting off from the Yak-1 in the Soviet Tech Tree. As an example, if one has progressed from the Yak-1 to the Yak-1M, does a subsequent acquisition of the Yak-7 render the Yak-1 "elite?" Can anyone point me to a resource or can you speak from experience on this particular line of progression?

Thanks.

Raindrops #2 Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:45 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 92 battles
  • [EDF] EDF

A plane is "elite" when all researchable modules are researched - this includes if the modules are researched with free xp or by other planes.

In the case of the Yak-1, if you have already researched all modules and the Yak-1m, then you can make it elite by researching the Yak-7 via the LaGG-3.

I never said I was good.

USA needs GA too.

Navis_Nobilite #3 Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:42 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1 battle
You have to have every option available to a plane researched before it is elite. So, for a Yak-1, you have to unlock every gun, etc, and both the Yak-1M and the Yak-7 before becoming elite. The nice thing about the soviet fighters is that they share a lot of engines and guns, especially if you are also researching the Lagg-3, which is a great plane.

jpnunn #4 Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:04 AM

Senior Airman

• 722 battles

Thanks for the feedback, guys. That is exactly the information I needed. I ultimately want a Yak-15 and I always love working up a particular tech line using primarily predecessor aircraft of the same genre to get there. I already moved up the German Tech Tree to get an ME-262, but looking back I wished I had applied all that effort to get into the "jet age" towards the Yak-15. Can you believe the maneuverability of that thing (305)? Man, that is better than a lot of lower tier piston engine aircraft. I love the 262, but the Yak-15 is more suited to my playing style. So many great things about this game. . . . !

Thanks for the replies!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users