stats win loss ratio

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

losttwo #1 Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:41 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Hello everyone and good morning or what ever time of day it is when you read this.

I placed this into the strategy section due to its nature.

I know there are plenty of people that hold their game status of " WIN/ loss " ratio in high regard.

For myself I have my own persona goal of 60% WIN/ loss, for me I think it is reasonable goal.

This stat can be manipulated on a personal level to some point and as with all manipulation it is never perfect.

There are many factors involved in being able to manipulate things. One of the biggest factors is of course your in game performance.

Of course you will have to spend a few real world dollars and purchase gold to increase you hangar space.

Well, you do not really have to spend gold but you will be limited in what you can fly and tier level.

For me I am currently flying 25 different aircraft with another 25 free hangar spaces to fill.

Now you ask, WHY SO MANY DARN HANGARS AND PLANES ?

The object is to find a plane you are good at and keep it, this serves 2 purposes.

One, this enable you to effect the out come of some of your matches more affectively and increase the fun factor.

face it losing every match is NO FUN AT ALL and why play if you can not win.

Two, this enables you to match planes with people that you flight with, again, effectively being a game changer.

You can not truly cover another player that is flying at high altitude while you are stuck at low altitude.

Nor can you cover a faster front line fighter while you are in a support rear line plane.

The I-16 e should not really flight in with an FW- 57 or a Bf 109 flight in with a A6M.

With an increased hangar space you now have the availability to purchase higher tier planes and learn to fly them.

This learning process will decrease your win rate. Face it the learning curve on some of these planes will lead to some very frustrating 

losing streaks and tank your win rate into the toilet.

Frustrating you to the point of " why am I even playing this game ".

We all know frustration leads to anger, chat banning, and well.... many other unmentionable things.

PLEASE NEVER THROW YOUR LAPTOP ACROSS THE ROOM FROM A 15 GAME LOOSING STREAK

it truly is not that important.

What does any of this have to do with manipulating WIN/ loss stat ?

We have a daily times 2 in which we get double the experience for the first win of the day.

What I do is fly the planes I am not good at and hope I get good teams.

I fly only that one plane repeatedly until the team wins the game for me.

It may be 5 loss's in a row or even 10. I usually switch planes after 5 loss's but you don't have to.

This lowers your win rate drastically but you will eventual be on a winning team.

Now your team has finally won a match but don't switch planes yet. Keep flying it and learning it until the team loses again.

CONSISTENCY is my secret, while we are winning I will keep flying a plane as I learn to be a better pilot.

I DO NOT SWITCH PLANES UNTIL AFTER THE NEXT MATCH IS LOST.

Now you have received the X2 bonus on all your bad planes and have played several games that lowers your win rate.

Time now to go back to the planes you are good at and begin flying it consistently until you lose a match.

WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE THAT DO NOT SPEND MONEY  AND HAVE ONLY 6 PLANES.

When I was limited on hangar space I would use 4 hangar spots to get new planes and save TWO hangar spots for planes I was extremely good at.

I would fly those planes consistently. I was never the type that would place a plane in battle, die, escape to hangar and jump into a different plane.

CONSISTENCY IS THE KEY.

If you fly one plane consistently > jump in battle > die > watch in spectator mode ( preferably someone that is flying the same plane )

end the match then jump in the same plane again you will be amazed at how much you improve in that plane.

You will begin to see more winning streaks as you become the game changer and effect the outcome of many matches.

Winning brings a good attitude and your stats will raise to the occasion.

As for me having 25 planes, well I do not always get to fly every one of them and get the X2 on them.

The X2 bonus just is not that important for every plane. After all it resets every day. Eventually you will get it.

ArrowZ_ #2 Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:19 PM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

Paragraphs must be asleep. I tell ya it becomes a really boring chore for someone to read a wall of text without any even spacing. But having read it all I say good on you for passing your experiences to the newbies.

Usually when it comes to a learning curve of a certain plane, I'm the type that sticks it through to the end until I've mastered and honed every characteristics of that specific aircraft. Win or loss, as long as I've figured out how the plane feels, thats all that matters in my experiences. Winning comes later when you completely understand what that certain plane can and can't do and using its strengths to your advantage.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

danbuter #3 Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1 battle
How to raise your win rate: Get very lucky with the Matchmaker. Anything else will just have a minor effect on your W/L percentage.

losttwo #4 Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:47 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostArrowZ_, on 04 June 2014 - 08:19 AM, said:

Paragraphs must be asleep. I tell ya it becomes a really boring chore for someone to read a wall of text without any even spacing. But having read it all I say good on you for passing your experiences to the newbies.

Usually when it comes to a learning curve of a certain plane, I'm the type that sticks it through to the end until I've mastered and honed every characteristics of that specific aircraft. Win or loss, as long as I've figured out how the plane feels, thats all that matters in my experiences. Winning comes later when you completely understand what that certain plane can and can't do and using its strengths to your advantage.

Yeah, unfortunately 6 cups of coffee doesn't improve my grammatical brilliance.

11thACRColdsteel #5 Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [11_TH] 11_TH
Nice post Losttwo.  +1.  Interesting....I may try that sticking with one plane for a number of battles.  Typically I hop around from Tier IV thru VI getting the daily doubles and for variety.  But I can see flying the same plane for a number of battles is probably better as you get used to the flight characteristics of that plane and therefore play better.  I may give this a try.

Mackunaima #6 Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
Nice post Losttwo,

I do not really have a method to increase my W/R I 'm too chaotic to follow any script. But there are things that you said make sense.

When I play with new aircraft my W/R drops to 55 % ( I'm grinding UK now) and when I play with AC I'm good with myW/R rises to 60 %.

However, the MM does something peculiar. When I play with a plane I'm good, then the MM almost always puts me in a team where players are less experienced. But when I play with a plane that I 'm bad then the MM puts me on a team with more experienced/better players.

So, we can conclude that the MM will always try to put a gamechanger on the weaker side thus giving opportunities for all players thus balancing the game.

The only deviation I notice that MM can not really intervene is when you make a flight with 2 other very good players. This really does change the game and make your rate of W/R climb pretty fast. Because you will have 3 Gamechangers in the same team playing the same tactic and together.

The contrary, when you are alone you could kill 2, 3, 4 sometimes 5 enemies and even maybe you lose anyway, just because your whole team died and you are the last of the Mohicans lol

Regards,
Mack

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

losttwo #7 Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:34 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMackunaima, on 04 June 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

Nice post Losttwo,
However, the MM does something peculiar. When I play with a plane I'm good, then the MM almost always puts me in a team where players are less experienced. But when I play with a plane that I 'm bad then the MM puts me on a team with more experienced/better players.
Regards,
Mack

Have you considered that perhaps it is not MM but you. If you are flying a plane you are good at then everyone else wont be good.

Out of 2000 people how many of them will pick a plane they are good at and fly it consistently the same time as you.

Look at each match and pay attention to who you are flying with and against. It is not the MM but you. Seriously.

MM knows nothing of each players skill level. Face it if you are OP in a plane then it is not MM. if you are accused of hacking and cheating.

It certainly can not be MM.

It is amazing the psychology we use to place patterns into everyday life. I think the word is coincidence.

Mackunaima #8 Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 04 June 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

Have you considered that perhaps it is not MM but you. If you are flying a plane you are good at then everyone else wont be good.

Out of 2000 people how many of them will pick a plane they are good at and fly it consistently the same time as you.

Look at each match and pay attention to who you are flying with and against. It is not the MM but you. Seriously.

MM knows nothing of each players skill level. Face it if you are OP in a plane then it is not MM. if you are accused of hacking and cheating.

It certainly can not be MM.

It is amazing the psychology we use to place patterns into everyday life. I think the word is coincidence.

Alright, I'll consider it. You state that MM does not pay attention to your skills. Well, I've heard other players say the opposite. However, I never had any real proof of what is true or not. But, I accept it's a coincidence.

Now, I want to ask you a question. In a situation that you are playing alone, I mean without a flight. It is noticeable that the teams that usually win are those who remain in the group. What tactics you adopt to try to keep the team together as a group?

Well, I always try to look on the minimap and try to unite myself to the larger group enlarging our number together to support our team as group. rarely I'll try to rescue someone from the clutches of the enemy, and in this situation maybe I end up dying, often being left behind precisely by the one I was trying to save.

BTW: I always look who's on my team and who is the enemy. Normally I choose my targets even before the battle begins. During the battle I eventually detour to kill something easy.

Regards,

Mack

losttwo #9 Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMackunaima, on 04 June 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

Alright, I'll consider it. You state that MM does not pay attention to your skills. Well, I've heard other players say the opposite. However, I never had any real proof of what is true or not. But, I accept it's a coincidence.

Now, I want to ask you a question. In a situation that you are playing alone, I mean without a flight. It is noticeable that the teams that usually win are those who remain in the group. What tactics you adopt to try to keep the team together as a group?

Well, I always try to look on the minimap and try to unite myself to the larger group enlarging our number together to support our team as group. rarely I'll try to rescue someone from the clutches of the enemy, and in this situation maybe I end up dying, often being left behind precisely by the one I was trying to save.

BTW: I always look who's on my team and who is the enemy. Normally I choose my targets even before the battle begins. During the battle I eventually detour to kill something easy.

Regards,

Mack

Good question. Most of my games are 90% solo. It is difficult for me to transition to " flight " tactics. Even in a flight I tend to  wonder off into the map somewhere. I truly get lost.

My tactics are dependent completely on the plane I fly and my skill level of that plane.

Over all and the simplest tactic I use is to FOLLOW the heard in support. Yes the biggest group of people. The beginning of the match is totally dependent on watching the mini- map and gaining altitude. This of course is dependent on map as well. I try to make the normal good tactical suggestions in chat but of course not everyone listens.

I never engage in a fur ball if I can help it. I will fly thru it and out the other side but for them most part I take out the enemy flying outside of it.

If I am not good with particular plane then I use passive tactics. The better I am at the plane the more aggressive I can be. Still avoiding the fur ball.

There are enough aggressive people that fly head long into battle you can fly behind and use for bait. Never expect any one to cover your tail.

The mini map is always the most important thing in the game. If you are getting over whelmed then find your mass of green team mates and fly to them. I will always try to fly towards a friendly.

Always look at the pre-battle comparison chart so you know how to adjust your advantage. Be it maneuverability, speed, altitude. Fire power is only good if you can shoot someone.

Angadan #10 Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:12 PM

• 0 battles

I think there is a HUGE amount of value in the idea of staying with one plane for many battles in a row so that the particulars of that aircraft have time to 'settle into your bones' and become more instinctive.

Reminds me of old MMORPGs I used to play and folks saying, "I can play all 8 classes equally well."  My response was, "You can play all 8 classes equally poorly, you just don't realize.  Maybe you could be an A+ player but you're only playing at an A- level because you don't let yourself get "instinctive" with any particular class."

Well, the same seems like it would make sense here.

I, of course, am as guilty as everyone else of flitting among all the aircraft in my hanger.  After all, you gotta get the daily doubles knocked out, right?  :honoring:

l'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace!

Go Vols!

Mackunaima #11 Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 04 June 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

Good question. Most of my games are 90% solo. It is difficult for me to transition to " flight " tactics. Even in a flight I tend to  wonder off into the map somewhere. I truly get lost.

My tactics are dependent completely on the plane I fly and my skill level of that plane.

Over all and the simplest tactic I use is to FOLLOW the heard in support. Yes the biggest group of people. The beginning of the match is totally dependent on watching the mini- map and gaining altitude. This of course is dependent on map as well. I try to make the normal good tactical suggestions in chat but of course not everyone listens.

I never engage in a fur ball if I can help it. I will fly thru it and out the other side but for them most part I take out the enemy flying outside of it.

If I am not good with particular plane then I use passive tactics. The better I am at the plane the more aggressive I can be. Still avoiding the fur ball.

There are enough aggressive people that fly head long into battle you can fly behind and use for bait. Never expect any one to cover your tail.

The mini map is always the most important thing in the game. If you are getting over whelmed then find your mass of green team mates and fly to them. I will always try to fly towards a friendly.

Always look at the pre-battle comparison chart so you know how to adjust your advantage. Be it maneuverability, speed, altitude. Fire power is only good if you can shoot someone.

Yes, I agree with everything you think and I do the same thing, I thing. =D

From what I notice in myself and also talking with some friends, all speak of a thing about me; say I spend a lot of time involved in a battle and I do not give it. Well, it actually happens, and as I explained to them, it's because I love the thrill of the hunt lol

I've seen you play a few times, and pay attention to your style, you usually enter on my list of priority targets (nothing personal), but I have to kill you for the same reason that I choose other priority
targets, you try to take advantage for your team ASAP, usually hitting GT or saving someone who seems totally helpless.

But at the end of our discussion 
I know that for me there is still specific something to learn, so I can put the next knowledge brick, and I really can not know/find what it is. So I want to share my doubts. The books do not help me anymore.

Regards,

Mack

trottenhelm #12 Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

I found that grinding for the winds missions really taught me how to use certain planes. I seldom flight up and unfortunately often find myself in a group that doesn't seem to understand anything basic at all. Sometimes those groupings do win but usually not. When I drop into a grouping that uses the basics its game on. No uber pilot here! I believe that if I didn't end in so many horrible situations my personal W/L would improve to the 57% area. My biggest drag is when I use my GAAs. Oddly enough the GAA is my biggest credit maker. Without spreadsheet style analysis I tend to think it looses so much because Im not adding my LF kills or damage to the team. (No Im not big headed just that using my planes in the method that Losttwo advocated, I am improving).

I wholeheartedly agree and advocate this method! Right on.

losttwo #13 Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:50 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Posttrottenhelm, on 04 June 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

I found that grinding for the winds missions really taught me how to use certain planes. I seldom flight up and unfortunately often find myself in a group that doesn't seem to understand anything basic at all. Sometimes those groupings do win but usually not. When I drop into a grouping that uses the basics its game on. No uber pilot here! I believe that if I didn't end in so many horrible situations my personal W/L would improve to the 57% area. My biggest drag is when I use my GAAs. Oddly enough the GAA is my biggest credit maker. Without spreadsheet style analysis I tend to think it looses so much because Im not adding my LF kills or damage to the team. (No Im not big headed just that using my planes in the method that Losttwo advocated, I am improving).

I wholeheartedly agree and advocate this method! Right on.

Don't feel bad about the GA's....when I want to really tank my stats into the sewer I fly IL-2  consistently. However it will raise money.

Edited by losttwo, 04 June 2014 - 04:51 PM.

Magdalna #14 Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 513 battles

I had been rotating through my planes ad-hoc which was fun but decided to try this last night.

Worked pretty well and lucked in into a long, long streak of winning teams on my A6M2. 

Pros

- stats

Cons

- sleep (just.one.more.game)

I'll be camped by the coffee for the rest of the day if anybody needs me.

GiN_nTonic #15 Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

Captain

• 228 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View Postdanbuter, on 04 June 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

How to raise your win rate: Get very lucky with the Matchmaker. Anything else will just have a minor effect on your W/L percentage.

This is exactly what people tell themselves when they have a low win ratio - and this is exactly what I USED to tell myself when I was trying to figure out this game.  There is no question some teams are beyond help, but over the course of many games you can indicate the type of player you are with your win/loss rate.

Players with low win/loss ratios typically rush up tiers, and then stay in upper tiers not understanding game fundamentals but wanting to play the "cool" high tier planes.  Again, I was guilty of that as well, but I took the advice of people in the forums to improve....and then my stats followed.

TRN2LA #16 Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 272 battles
I have 65 Planes, but my stats are not so godd :( This is mostyly because I stuffed them up badly as a noob by not really caring too mucvh about my stats, now I have to work 5 times as had just to bring them up to modest stats, this is turn also means my stats dont really mean much
Don't Tread on Me! Liberty or Death

Mr_R #17 Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:23 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles

View PostAngadan, on 04 June 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

I think there is a HUGE amount of value in the idea of staying with one plane for many battles in a row so that the particulars of that aircraft have time to 'settle into your bones' and become more instinctive.

yess!! so true anagdan ... the longer you play a plane , the greater chance you learn the in's and outs.. when you have those down , you start to get more natural in situations , and react naturally to best suit that plane in that moment. seems small , but over a period of a few hundred games it proves to show that you actually know that plane in and out. Ive done this in the A-5 , and gotten to the point where i naturally know who i can out run and who i can kill , and how fast i can do it. That knowledge is key to planning your moves , giving you a advantage over those who don't know their planes so well.

Full name : MrRepublican,    Clan : Wraith Squad  - K to D 5.75........Survive Rate 65.43%......... Avg. Damage : 576- Plays off of Laptop with Wallzmart Mouse - YEP !! a hacker for sure

Shepbur #18 Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:39 AM

• 0 battles

I would assume this is based mostly on experience since release :P Pretty much everything i've seen looks good, however from what i've found...

The easiest way to gain experience in the game (and so increase your WR) is to fly with experienced players... They'll teach you the basics and probably give you a hell of alot of tips while you fly with them, practising it as you go along, so you actually learn and remember everything. This might take a few weeks, but it's by FAR the best way to learn anything... Eventually, if you push yourself hard enough, you'll get to the same level as them, at which point you can push yourself further, determining what the mistakes you made in the battle were, what you should have done, and why YOU lost the game.

Even in games were you win, you can look back and try and work out what you could have done better. From this you can try and focus on recurring problems and try and fix them, however there will always be something which you can improve on. Yes, you can have really good games, where everything goes right for you, and you get loads of kills, however i would bet on it that you can never have a perfect game.

You can be the judge of performance who is the harshest, but most realistic. And what's more, you're going to listen to yourself alot more often than you are of some random guys raging in the ingame chat :P

As my signature says... It doesn't take skill to fly, it takes skill to not make mistakes...

And have you ever heard of a person who's never made a mistake? :)

It doesn't take skill to fly, it takes skill to not make mistakes.

woofman34 #19 Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 5 battles
  • [SG] SG
I hear of people getting their win rate to go up (If stats concern you) by playing winning sessions only , If you loose 2 times in a row and won more before the losses then quit for the day a come back tomorrow . rinse and repeat till it goes up .. I tested this theory back a couple of months ago and it worked  ..  However if you like to play the game for the missions or progression then throw the win rate out the window , or fly with elite players who control the queue ..

trottenhelm #20 Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
Never be afraid to ask ingame, somebody may know. Never disregard what is said (within reason, you know the basics) by those whose names you can recognize from the forums. There are many who do care about game community and are willing to help, this OP is proof.

Also tagged with stats, win, loss, ratio

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users