How cab a Blenheim have more firepower than a 110-C6

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Tom_Voke #21 Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1 battle

View PostMrPsychic, on 02 June 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

I said honor because you have a Klingon as your avatar.  You never addressed what Mr_R said in his post until you replied to mine.  You simply addressed his win rate or make an insult about being on your side on a match.  I hardly have an ego, in fact, I told you how to do a quick check between planes.  According to the plane guide on the main page, the 110C has a firepower of 292, the Blenheim has 213.

Well, then I appreciate your humor and regret my apparent hostility (which, frankly, surprises me—perhaps it's the Klingon part expressing itself). I tend to forget about my avatar and for some ungodly reason I do appear to be less than friendly in some of my posts. For that I apologize. I should have explained my concern to Mr_R and to you, MrPsychic, in a reasonable manner. I appreciate you pointing out my lack of manners there.

And Mr_R, I do appreciate your reply. One learns something every day.

Oh, my writing that he should have the decency to be on my side during  a match (battle in WoWarplanes) was meant as a compliment. Obviously, Id have a better win rate riding, or flying, on his coattails.I tried to lighten up a bit.

Edited by Tom_Voke, 02 June 2014 - 07:22 PM.

oldkye #22 Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

I think there has been a lot of confusion in this topic(I was at first too) and now people are getting upset over it so let me see if I can clarify.

Upon starting up a battle flying a Bf 110 C-6 Tom_Voke was checking his stats against other planes in preparation for the battle, when he clicked a Blenheim F on the other team firepower read as +34%.

He thought that was odd so after the battle he checked the maximum firepower of the Blenheim F which is 213 or -27% less then the 292 firepower of his Bf 110 C-6.

Realizing that this clearly didn't add up he made this topic to see if it had been a bug or he had missed something.

He wasn't beat in a head to head with a Blenheim F, nor is he complaining about being shot down, he just couldn't figure out the 61% difference in numbers he was looking at and neither can I had he mistakenly clicked a Beaufighter it should have read +6.5% rather then +34% that he saw, my guess is it somehow meant to display the stats of a different plane but which one has exactly +34% more firepower then the Bf 110 C-6 I don't know even a Mosquito would only be +18.5% more firepower.

Edited by oldkye, 02 June 2014 - 09:56 PM.

losttwo #23 Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:23 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 9344 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostTom_Voke, on 02 June 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

Check the stats of those planes. Also I use the best ammo. And ammo type and player skill doesn't show in the load out screen (pre-battle screen, whatever they call it). Although I'm not sure about the ammo type; maybe that does show.

In the battle screen it does not show ammo type, skill of the pilot how many games the player has played or anything else.

It show the final numbers in percent based on :

Firepower= pilot skill+ammo dps+ what ever other additions

Speed= pilot skill+ polish+  fuel+ whatever else

so on and so on.

So if a Blenny has more fire power than you it could be any number of factors.

Any number of planes will have various attributes based on each individual player, and if they have the same plane they may have different attributes.

Edited by losttwo, 02 June 2014 - 10:25 PM.

Tom_Voke #24 Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1 battle

View Postlosttwo, on 02 June 2014 - 06:23 PM, said:

In the battle screen it does not show ammo type, skill of the pilot how many games the player has played or anything else.

It show the final numbers in percent based on :

Firepower= pilot skill+ammo dps+ what ever other additions

Speed= pilot skill+ polish+  fuel+ whatever else

so on and so on.

So if a Blenny has more fire power than you it could be any number of factors.

Any number of planes will have various attributes based on each individual player, and if they have the same plane they may have different attributes.

I doubt pilot skill is taken into consideration. Every 110-C6 I have ever seen on the enemy side always has the same % I do, meaning 0% difference.

IPlayWithAppleTree #25 Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 348 battles

View PostTom_Voke, on 02 June 2014 - 01:17 AM, said:

This Heavy had 34% more firepower than I did. Must be a loading screen error. A beau would only have about  3% to 4 % more firepower than me, and a 110B would have a third less. I clicked the right one. I double checked because I couldn't believe it.

Dude, a beau has 311 firepower.... a blennie only as 213 in top guns.......

oldkye #26 Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View PostIPlayWithAppleTree, on 03 June 2014 - 12:13 AM, said:

I think that's his whole point (^.^)d haha.

Tom_Voke #27 Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1 battle

View PostIPlayWithAppleTree, on 02 June 2014 - 07:13 PM, said:

You'll have to read the entire thread to see what I was saying and what other people added as well. You misunderstood me and possibly others. No worries.

Tom_Voke #28 Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1 battle

I'm just going to chalk this whole thing up to some sort of one time error. I double or triple checked that Blenheim because I never saw one with so much firepower. If I ever run into something like that again I'll take a screen shot. I want to thank everyone for being so patient and understanding. Again, this was probably some sort of one time loading screen error.

Just a few posts up, oldkye summed up what I was trying to say,

Edited by Tom_Voke, 02 June 2014 - 11:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users