Spit IX and 190D

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Lithiumninja #1 Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [REGAL] REGAL

So, I'm currently in a situation where I have both researched, and have hangar space for both, and a bit of free exp to use, but only enough cash to purchase one. My question is not which is "better", but, having looked over the numbers, I'm soliciting opinions about the performance of these planes from people who have actually used them so I can learn a bit about what it's like to actually play them. 

Basically I want to know about the play style, the extent of their respective strengths and weaknesses, how well they stack up against other planes in tier, etc. so I can form my own opinion of which I would like playing better. 

Wolfrum #2 Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:48 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

It all depends on what kind of playstyle you prefer. Since you have gone this far up the 190 Lineup, if you feel you have their playstyle down pat then I vote for the 190D for its all or nothing firepower.

That being said, if you enjoy the in and outs of dogfighting with some hybrid BnZ the Spit really shines.

-Wolf

A veteran is someone who at some point wrote a cheque to their country that was 'up to and including my life'

11thACRColdsteel #3 Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [11_TH] 11_TH
I have not played the Fw 190 line, but I have all the Spitfires.  They are characterized by being good in all tactical combat aspects, although not great in any one aspect, but it has no weakness either.  They are graceful and smooth in flight, and do not bleed energy hardly at all.  Great versatile aircraft.

Binestar #4 Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 71 battles
  • [RDDT3] RDDT3
The Spit IX and the 190D both move on from where the tier 6 left off.  The Spit IX is better at tier than the spit V was, the 190D is worse at tier than the 190A-5 was.  Both have similar play styles to the preceding planes, so choose based on that preference and information.

CrayolaCrayon #5 Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
The Spitfire 9 is a good plane and the 190 D is average at best in my experience. Both can be fun to play but if I had to choose I'd choose the Spit 9.

TwistedKestrel #6 Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:41 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 286 battles
  • [KAIJU] KAIJU
I generally prefer heavily armed planes so it shouldn't be surprising that I think the 190D is great. It plays like a small heavy, basically. If you can keep your speed up and hit on the first pass you will do well.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users