he112 vs bf109b

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Navis_Nobilite #1 Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:10 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1 battle
I have the Bf 109b, and it's very good. I'm also seeing some He 112s, but nowhere near as many. Is there a major difference between the two, or is it more just the Messerschmidt mystique?

Cuesta_Rey #2 Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

While other people's opinion may vary, both airplanes are very, very good in their tier. The Bf.109B has a little more firepower. The He.112 turns a little better than the 109b. Both do well with vertical maneuvers with the 109b having an edge in that department. I would not hesitate to highly recommend either airplane and would not part with either of them. Either plane can easily deal with higher tier aircraft when it becomes necessary in a multi-tiered match.

I do not know why people fail to use the He.112. Perhaps because it is not quite as aesthetically pleasing as the 109b? 

Edited by doublespook, 30 May 2014 - 09:21 PM.

Zen_Reaper #3 Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

I see plenty of both.

And they're a real pain in my ass.

I may have to look into researching those for myself.

But I can tell you from the receiving end, they're mean.

- Zen

Zen Reaper

theponja #4 Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:19 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 293 battles

View Postdoublespook, on 30 May 2014 - 06:21 PM, said:

While other people's opinion may vary, both airplanes are very, very good in their tier. The Bf.109B has a little more firepower. The He.112 turns a little better than the 109b. Both do well with vertical maneuvers with the 109b having an edge in that department. I would not hesitate to highly recommend either airplane and would not part with either of them. Either plane can easily deal with higher tier aircraft when it becomes necessary in a multi-tiered match.

I do not know why people fail to use the He.112. Perhaps because it is not quite as aesthetically pleasing as the 109b? 

On that tier the Germans are in my favorite fighters. I like the firepower of 109b but I found more aesthetically pleasing the he.112

mizer67 #5 Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:25 PM

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

The 109B is better at BnZ, which is the meta game, so you're going to see more for that reason, if people understand the game is decided primarily at/by altitude.

The HE112 is more flexible but the 190V and those fighters beyond it take, in my opinion, a flight to make them shine.

Those higher tier fighters in the line are a departure from the HE112 because they can't out turn anything but heavy fighters but they're very good at horizontal BnZ. They can't fight in the vertical nearly as well and can't turn fight at high altitude, so they're not as good solo planes.

Mercsn #6 Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:11 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2993 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I think Mizer answers the question about why the OP doesn't see more HE 112s.  The he 112 is a versatile plane, somewhat like a cross between spitfire and bf109 (blasphemy,  to some, I know, but it's an accurate description).  The next plane in line, fw190 v is neither nimble nor versatile and arguably junk.  The rest of the line, while improving in capability,  retains the V's very specific playstyle (one that makes the 109s look like genuine TnB aircraft by comparison).

If you like the 109b, you'll probably like the he 112, maybe even like it a bit more.  But if you like the 109b, you might not like the fw190.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Wolfrum #7 Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:31 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

The 109 line is a much easier line to understand versus what the HE112 leads into. That being said I think a lot of players either move on quickly or decide on the 109 line instead (would love to see server statistics on games played with each). I will admit the 190 line really requires a lot of co-operation from whatever team you are on. Caught alone, nothing you do will save you (heck, a stripped down P38F Heavy Fighter can Out turn and out dive you). But if there were ever a support role in the game, the 190 line is that. If you only, and I mean only focus and help to clear tails you will rack up the kills and support your team. You have next to no ability to win any type of 1 on 1 (unless its the 190A-5 and you are going head on with something).

Back to the planes at hand. The 112 can roll with the best of them (fast directional changes and in many instances save you even versus a zero). I find the 112's agility a welcome addition in the German line, though it does nothing to prepare you for the future up the lines. Both planes can be very successful. I honestly think the two of them are the best Tier 4's in the game. Though, the tier 4 Wildcat Premium can take them both out easily if flown right.

I would honestly recommend OP to play them both. If you go up the British fighter line the He112 will give you an idea on how to be both a turn and burner and Vertical fighter in a hybrid BNZ plane.

-Wolf

Edited by Wolfrum, 31 May 2014 - 02:35 AM.

A veteran is someone who at some point wrote a cheque to their country that was 'up to and including my life'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users