Last Chance Weekend

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

Content_WG #1 Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 0 battles
The end of the month approaches, so be sure to take advantage of an increased Crew XP multipler, discounts on Ammunition, and more!

Full news text

Zen_Reaper #2 Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 7571 battles

Very Nice!

Thanks WG for the wonderful month of WoWP special events!

- Zen

Zen Reaper

woofman34 #3 Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 5287 battles
Thanks !:honoring:

BuckRodgers #4 Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 741 battles
Well, its not the 5x I expected and it only starts friday so folks only get 1 day worth of grinding towards the event, but 2x for all battles and 2x crew xp on top with a difficult but repeatable mission sounds like a good time.

PantherIsReady #5 Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:14 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2791 battles
Good event   :teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy:

RocketSpammer #6 Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:25 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13010 battles

Please wait at least 60-90 days before having such a derp-causing event such as the 500k/5 nations event....

It added a LOT of extra stressors to a lot of folks here.

NDA means just that... NON-DISCLOSURE. Don't ask me about Alpha/CBT.

Eitilt ar aerárthach ionsaí Is cosúil ag eitilt cónra.
Roicéid ... An Cothromóir mór.

BuckRodgers #7 Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:35 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 741 battles
Yeah, the summer wind event was a bit much for most folks. I would recommend an event like WoT's On Track events spread out over a month, Earn enough xp to unlock a tier 10 plane and get a couple prizes along the way ending in a tier 3-5 premium.

TheHuffpuff #8 Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:17 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3093 battles

I might just finish the event. Just.

Lou #9 Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:15 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3170 battles

Thanks WGNA, you guys have been rolling out some great sales and events/ contests.

kier321 #10 Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:41 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Yep WG did a pretty good job!

S01836775 #11 Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:05 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2936 battles
Oh gosh, I keep saying I'm going to play my other games.... But I cant now :D.

And why do we balance???

Well, I guess I'm really just like a finger puppet of WG. Not a whole hand puppet though.

cyberd1 #12 Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3392 battles

First of all thanks.

Now back to being a squeaky wheel how does this WOWP compare to this WOT weekend specials? That isn't even close to being equal. Why is WOWP who (do to our numbers) should be giving more to attract more players continually get gruel to eat while the first born gets stake and lobster? I have yet to get an answer as to why? Please enlighten us. 

"You can run but you'll only Die Tired"

gunlion #13 Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:45 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 1212 battles

View Postcyberd1, on 30 May 2014 - 09:22 AM, said:

First of all thanks.

Now back to being a squeaky wheel how does this WOWP compare to this WOT weekend specials? That isn't even close to being equal. Why is WOWP who (do to our numbers) should be giving more to attract more players continually get gruel to eat while the first born gets stake and lobster? I have yet to get an answer as to why? Please enlighten us. 

The goal when we plan our events, specials, and missions per product is to give our players a story: events are planned out months in advance and lead into each other to emphasize different things. Because players don't usually see the plan in the long term, comparing the bonuses and discounts one product gets compared to another on a week-by-week basis can make it seem like, "Hey! They're getting more than we are!" For us, it's sometimes hard not to let players know exactly what they're getting, and when--I had to refrain from even letting everyone know there would be a THIRD x2 exp on (most) battles weekend. :teethhappy: 

I do want to assure you though that the reason between the differences between the World of Tanks and World of Warplanes Last Chance Weekend specials isn't because Wargaming is giving its "first born" more, it's that the timing of those specials aligned with what we wanted to emphasize with World of Tanks. There are some missions coming up for World of Warplanes that I know players will be extremely excited about that we'll be talking about very soon, and those missions, specials, and events will cater specifically to the World of Warplanes community. Please stay tuned for it. :coin:

Please read the WoWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

cyberd1 #14 Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3392 battles

View Postgunlion, on 30 May 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

The goal when we plan our events, specials, and missions per product is to give our players a story: events are planned out months in advance and lead into each other to emphasize different things. Because players don't usually see the plan in the long term, comparing the bonuses and discounts one product gets compared to another on a week-by-week basis can make it seem like, "Hey! They're getting more than we are!" For us, it's sometimes hard not to let players know exactly what they're getting, and when--I had to refrain from even letting everyone know there would be a THIRD x2 exp on (most) battles weekend. :teethhappy: 

I do want to assure you though that the reason between the differences between the World of Tanks and World of Warplanes Last Chance Weekend specials isn't because Wargaming is giving its "first born" more, it's that the timing of those specials aligned with what we wanted to emphasize with World of Tanks. There are some missions coming up for World of Warplanes that I know players will be extremely excited about that we'll be talking about very soon, and those missions, specials, and events will cater specifically to the World of Warplanes community. Please stay tuned for it. :coin:

Thank you for the explanation. I have played WOT since 2010 and have played it almost everyday since then, I have also played WOWP since the closed beta and the problem I have is that even if you go back and look at it over all from past to present WOT still comes out ahead. Now if you are saying there is a change in policy and it will equal out in the future that is one thing but as it stands now it has not been equal.

Even when they appear to be the same it isn't.  The High Flyers event is a prime example here is what I pointed out then:

"50K and 60k aircraft damage are you serious? Those are the same damage amounts that World of tanks used for their event and the average HP of a tier 7 U.S.S.R medium is 1000 HP and a tier 7 U.S.S.R aircraft is 263 hit points and you have more of a chance of getting a piece of that 1000 than you are of getting it from the 263. Plus they chances of getting in a battle with a tier 10 is very small, do to the way exp is handed out the majority of the community is at tiers 6-8 so that's what you are most likely get into battle with? For the average player you are looking at 200+ games or 30+ games a day, I can not understand why with the player base as small as it is you make things so frustrating and not enticing to get more players in".

I do look at the over all picture and things are not equal, I am an average player in both games yet with 28,635 in WOT I have 23 tier 10 tanks which works out to be an average of 1,245 battles to get a tier 10 yet II have 2,497 games in WOWP and I just got my first tier 8 and that was because I used the free XP from WOT to do it. 

I am not looking to have things better than WOT I would just like to have parity and so far that has not been the case, I hope this will change in the future.

kparrow #15 Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:33 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7495 battles
THANKS for the great month. 2 tier 6 planes, 7 hanger slots, tons of consumables ,tons of extra xp, tons of credits. Tough grind but worth it. Spent a lot of time on it ,probably will result in divorce...guess i ll have more time next month!   :)

Njanear #16 Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:34 PM

Master Sergeant

• 6934 battles

View Postkparrow, on 30 May 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

THANKS for the great month. 2 tier 6 planes, 7 hanger slots, tons of consumables ,tons of extra xp, tons of credits. Tough grind but worth it. Spent a lot of time on it ,probably will result in divorce...guess i ll have more time next month!   :)

I couldn't have said it better.  :veryhappy:   Thanks, WG!

PS:  my wife may call your's to get her lawyer's name.  :hiding:

Edited by Njanear, 31 May 2014 - 02:35 PM.

The game's largest rammer magnet - I always seem to attract enemy planes to my engine. :facepalm:

cyberd1 #17 Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3392 battles

You know I find it Ironic that I get negative rep for trying to get the WOWP community the same rewards vs effort that I have in WOT. Let me give you another prime example, in WOT this month I received 4 free Days of Premium. Do you know what I had to do to get those 4 days?  Win one battle. Not one battle and be in top 5, no just win 1 battle. Now look back through WOWP events and see if you can find find something comparable in reward vs effort.

Now coming up in 6 days we have an opportunity to get 4 free Days of Premium time now lets see what the requirements are to get them humm...  Oh all we have to do is shoot down 180 US or British aircraft and we also have to shoot down 180 German aircraft for a total of 360 planes.  So win 1 battle vs shoot down 360 aircraft humm that seems fair and balanced I guess the story they have written for WOWP is one of the unwanted redheaded stepchild..

I am not saying I am not grateful for what we have been given but I just wish we would receive the same benefits that WOT gets.

Edited by cyberd1, 31 May 2014 - 05:01 PM.

cyberd1 #18 Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3392 battles

I would also make something else clear IMO when it comes to Free to play Games I consider WarGaming to be the Gold standard.

But here they are not competing with the other companies, they are competing with them selves where WOT is the Gold standard and WOWP is currently the Bronze.

As I said before I just want the two to be equal as far as effort vs reward are concerned and they are no where near being close.