Spitfire Mk I, a love affair

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Noreaga #21 Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

the spit 1 is a beauty plane i still play it and love it take a little more practice and skill to excel but after a few hundred games you can compete with 7's. the spit V & IX are terrible and did not enjoy the grind. The spit XIV is ok and the attacker was amazing and now i hear average.

Was i the only one who liked the bristol? 

Nimis obnoxii curare

GiN_nTonic #22 Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

Captain

• 2297 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostNoreaga, on 16 June 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:

the spit 1 is a beauty plane i still play it and love it take a little more practice and skill to excel but after a few hundred games you can compete with 7's. the spit V & IX are terrible and did not enjoy the grind. The spit XIV is ok and the attacker was amazing and now i hear average.

I find it so interesting how opinions on planes vary - which is truly and ultra-cool aspect of this game.  

I dislike the Bristol, but love the Spit V and IX.  Go figure.  Then again, I am not a MG lover, I like cannon configs.

Edited by GiNnTonic, 16 June 2014 - 06:50 PM.

Jiggiwatt #23 Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostNoreaga, on 16 June 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:

I seem to recall that I liked the Bristol once it was upgraded.

Nos morituri te salutamus

Aurabird #24 Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 3 battles

Yea, the British planes seem to be an opinion/playstyle bunch. The bristols were great for me on the grind to the spit l, the spit l was (and is) just awesome, the V is the same as the l, only a lil better. As for the IX and XIV, I loved both of them just as much as the I. And the attacker is just brilliant, I can't find one thing wrong with it in my opinion (apart from low tier 9 population and pro pilots in flights schooling me)

Wolfrum #25 Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:20 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostNoreaga, on 16 June 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:

Bristol is something I rather enjoy still and take for a spin whenever I can. While I don't feel it is the best plane to be the tip of the proverbial spear in a match...it more than makes up for itself by being an amazing support plane.

Lock onto someone on a friendly's six, and watch them evaporate under the combined firepower of 8 guns.

-Wolf

A veteran is someone who at some point wrote a cheque to their country that was 'up to and including my life'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users