Announcements for the WoWP Flight Log (a replays website)

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

TheWhiteRaven #21 Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles

Added to the "to-do" list: 

6) Subscriptions to players and notifications for new uploads, new comments, etc.

Would also still love a CT 1.4 replay if anyone has a chance to grab one. Send to john@whiteravengaming.com

Thanks!

White Raven Gaming - a Community for Gamers that Play Hard and With a Sense of Humor

Find us on YouTube (search White Raven Gaming) for Ace matches, funny moments, and tips and tricks!

Creator of WoWP Flight Log (wowpflights.com), a replay site for World of Warplanes

CAReverseEngineering #22 Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:21 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [ACES_] ACES_

View PostTheWhiteRaven, on 24 May 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

No prob. Wouldn't have done it otherwise (in either case. :-D)

One quick request: can someone e-mail me a CT 1.4 replay (john@whiteravengaming.com)? Want to see if there are any changes to what they provide in the file.

Thanks!

1.4 CT replays sent!

>>> 838 Bomb Kills And Counting <<<

TheWhiteRaven #23 Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:28 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles
Thanks!

White Raven Gaming - a Community for Gamers that Play Hard and With a Sense of Humor

Find us on YouTube (search White Raven Gaming) for Ace matches, funny moments, and tips and tricks!

Creator of WoWP Flight Log (wowpflights.com), a replay site for World of Warplanes

CAReverseEngineering #24 Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [ACES_] ACES_

View PostTheWhiteRaven, on 24 May 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:

Thanks!

No problem. :great:

I'll send you more if I get on the CT server again.

TheWhiteRaven #25 Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:16 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles

No worries - I just wanted to check the replay file format. All good now.

Thanks again!

TheWhiteRaven #26 Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles

Update: I've added a notification and subscription system to the site.

To subscribe to a player's new replays, click the players name on any replay, then click the subscribe button.

You'll now get a notification (look for the bell in the upper right of the menu when you've logged in) when:

1) Someone comments on your replays

2) Someone you've subscribed to posts a new replay

3) Other stuff (coming soon)

Lemme know if something breaks or could be improved!

- TWR

gunlion #27 Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:00 PM

Community Manager

• 0 battles
Topic stickied. Awesome work! Looking forward to watching some replays! :great:

paintballfreaks #28 Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Hey raven I uploaded a few replays to your site. I was curious if there was a way to watch replays from a previous client. I did in fact make a copy of the previous client version on my hard drive in order to have the proper .exe for launching the old replays ( I heard this is how they do it for tanks sometimes). However I don't believe it is reading the data it launches but I only get a black screen. Any ideas?

Binestar #29 Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 70 battles
  • [RDDT3] RDDT3

View Postpaintballfreaks, on 27 May 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

Hey raven I uploaded a few replays to your site. I was curious if there was a way to watch replays from a previous client. I did in fact make a copy of the previous client version on my hard drive in order to have the proper .exe for launching the old replays ( I heard this is how they do it for tanks sometimes). However I don't believe it is reading the data it launches but I only get a black screen. Any ideas?

Yep, if you just copied the entire folder over, just drag the replay over the WorldOfWarplanes.exe file and it'll open it and play it.  I copied the folder previously myself for playing old replays, so just tested and it worked fine.

TheWhiteRaven #30 Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles

Thanks gunlion and paintballfreaks!

As for the previous replays, I'm not 100% positive (haven't bothered to save an old install yet), but you may have to right click on the replay, then do the "Open with..." or equivalent option for your version of Windows, then make SURE you select the SPECIFIC old .exe (should be WorldOfWarplanes.exe, not the WOWplauncher).

Hope that helps!

TheWhiteRaven #31 Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles

View PostBinestar, on 27 May 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

Yep, if you just copied the entire folder over, just drag the replay over the WorldOfWarplanes.exe file and it'll open it and play it.  I copied the folder previously myself for playing old replays, so just tested and it worked fine.

Heyo!

Ninja'ed with an easier solution. :-D

paintballfreaks #32 Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:40 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBinestar, on 27 May 2014 - 06:01 PM, said:

Awesome did not try that I will give it a go thanks

View PostTheWhiteRaven, on 27 May 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

Thanks gunlion and paintballfreaks!

As for the previous replays, I'm not 100% positive (haven't bothered to save an old install yet), but you may have to right click on the replay, then do the "Open with..." or equivalent option for your version of Windows, then make SURE you select the SPECIFIC old .exe (should be WorldOfWarplanes.exe, not the WOWplauncher).

Hope that helps!

Great thanks for the info ill see what i can do. I tried the open with in the properties of the replay but I heard having the test client on my pc may cause issues will have to try that after the test goes down.

TheWhiteRaven #33 Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:17 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles

Just added the ability to upload replays without the file (just a youtube video).

Oughta be good for those of us with a lot of replay videos without the files (and for things like CT replays, etc.). :)

TheWhiteRaven #34 Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles

Added basic pilot stats (will probably add more) to pilot profiles. You can now see total number of battles, wins, win %, and kill-to-death ratio.

Anything else you guys want to see?

CAReverseEngineering #35 Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:24 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [ACES_] ACES_
Some GA specific stats would be nice. :great:

TheWhiteRaven #36 Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:25 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles
Good point! Will add.

TheWhiteRaven #37 Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles

Friendly reminder:

World of Warplanes Update 1.4 Releases Soon ™!

If you wish to continue viewing update 1.3.1 replays, copy your entire World of Warplanes folder (typically at C:\Games\World_Of_Warplanes) and drag old replay files over the WorldOfWarplanes.exe file in the 1.3.1 folder.

TheWhiteRaven #38 Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles
You can now get a copy of 1.3.1 to watch old replays from the replay site (wowpflights.com) thanks to Claudio67!

CAReverseEngineering #39 Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [ACES_] ACES_

View PostTheWhiteRaven, on 06 June 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

You can now get a copy of 1.3.1 to watch old replays from the replay site (wowpflights.com) thanks to Claudio67!

I've got a copy of 1.2.3 and 1.2 April 4th, would you like them?

Edited by CAReverseEngineering, 07 June 2014 - 03:45 AM.

TheWhiteRaven #40 Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles

View PostCAReverseEngineering, on 06 June 2014 - 10:44 PM, said:

I've got a copy of 1.2.3 and 1.2 April 4th, would you like them?

Nah. As big as these are, and since no one's uploaded a 1.2 replay (and I doubt they will), I think we'll call it good at 1.3.1.

Thanks though!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users