Announcements for the WoWP Flight Log (a replays website)

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

TheWhiteRaven #1 Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles

Thanks to FastAttack for the inspiration, I sat down yesterday and built the World of Warplanes Flight Log, a replay site like wotreplays.com (though not nearly as advanced yet).

That's right: whatever else you think of it, please remember that I built this initial version in less than 24 hours. We've a long way to go from here, but I think it's a solid start.

The homepage is here: http://wowpflights.com

And here's a sample replay: http://wowpflights.com/replays/in-which-i-pwn-8-noobs-in-less-than-2-minutes/

So here's what you can do:

1) Log in with your Wargaming.net account using OpenID (I don't have any access to your e-mail address or password -- you're safe)

2) Upload replay files, post screenshots, and link youtube videos if you have them

3) Filter replays by plane, map, country, tier, player, and client version

4) Rate and comment on replays

The site does read info from the replay file automatically, but don't expect it to look like wotreplays -- there's just not as much data in the WoWP replay file yet (really just pilot name, plane, map, version, and date).

I hope everyone enjoys it. Once we have some solid traffic, I'll be hosting replay contests and more. Let me know on the forums or using the contact page if you have any questions or problems with the site (again, keeping in mind that I built it in less than a day and will be improving it... :-D).

Thanks!

- TWR

Edited by TheWhiteRaven, 25 May 2014 - 07:21 PM.

White Raven Gaming - a Community for Gamers that Play Hard and With a Sense of Humor

Find us on YouTube (search White Raven Gaming) for Ace matches, funny moments, and tips and tricks!

Creator of WoWP Flight Log (wowpflights.com), a replay site for World of Warplanes

Binestar #2 Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 70 battles
  • [RDDT3] RDDT3
Have you tried pulling the plane data from the API?

TheWhiteRaven #3 Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles

Here are some of the plans I have for inclusion in the site. Let me know below if you have other ideas!

1) API integration of plane and player data

2) A "tips" page for how to record videos, how to save old versions of the client for playing old replays, etc.

3) Player rankings by number of uploads and average rating

4) A "Top Replays" section/filter (by ratings, comments)

5) Player search (currently you can select a player from the list of replays, but can't FIND a player otherwise)

6) Subscriptions to players and notifications for new uploads, new comments, etc.

Edited by TheWhiteRaven, 25 May 2014 - 07:21 PM.

White Raven Gaming - a Community for Gamers that Play Hard and With a Sense of Humor

Find us on YouTube (search White Raven Gaming) for Ace matches, funny moments, and tips and tricks!

Creator of WoWP Flight Log (wowpflights.com), a replay site for World of Warplanes

TheWhiteRaven #4 Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles

View PostBinestar, on 24 May 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

Have you tried pulling the plane data from the API?

I am absolutely going to, but I got hung up verifying my phone number yesterday, and I can't get an API key until that's done. Will be putting in a ticket today.

I'd like to use it to pull in player stats, too, and whatever else they have available.

Binestar #5 Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 70 battles
  • [RDDT3] RDDT3

View PostTheWhiteRaven, on 24 May 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

I am absolutely going to, but I got hung up verifying my phone number yesterday, and I can't get an API key until that's done. Will be putting in a ticket today.

I'd like to use it to pull in player stats, too, and whatever else they have available.

https://api.worldofw...ication_id=demo

Just parse that.

(from https://na.wargaming...ethod=GET&run=1 )

Edited by Binestar, 24 May 2014 - 03:20 PM.

TheWhiteRaven #6 Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles

View PostBinestar, on 24 May 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

THANK YOU.

Binestar #7 Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 70 battles
  • [RDDT3] RDDT3

View PostTheWhiteRaven, on 24 May 2014 - 11:21 AM, said:

THANK YOU.

You're welcome.  What you doing this in?  I've got a sig maker about 90% done in perl.  If you're using perl I'm happy to toss the code I got at ya.

TheWhiteRaven #8 Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles
It's actually PHP. Still might be usable, though. How's it work? (PM or e-mail is fine, too: john@whiteravengaming.com)

FastAttack #9 Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Good job on this :) 

love the thank you note and also the dracarys mention its actually quite funny lol

Edited by FastAttack, 24 May 2014 - 04:06 PM.

TheWhiteRaven #10 Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles

No prob. Wouldn't have done it otherwise (in either case. :-D)

One quick request: can someone e-mail me a CT 1.4 replay (john@whiteravengaming.com)? Want to see if there are any changes to what they provide in the file.

Thanks!

Edited by TheWhiteRaven, 24 May 2014 - 03:59 PM.

FastAttack #11 Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

i been looking into the replay itself ,  I know in tanks you can pull some data points 

such as locaiton of kills so you can create a heatmap

also pull the full battle stat screen also of the results. 

I'll check and see if there is a way to rip it out  :glasses:

Edited by FastAttack, 24 May 2014 - 04:22 PM.

TheWhiteRaven #12 Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles

Yeah, I looked at a WoWP vs a WoT replay file -- the WoT replay has a LOT more parseable data. I suspect WoWP will catch up, but until then, we're a bit limited (and it seems silly to put in a bunch of manual entry fields that few people are going to use, especially since I believe we WILL get it at some point directly in the replay).

TheWhiteRaven #13 Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles
Also: if anyone has EU/RU accounts, feel free to share the info there (no way in hell I'm creating more accounts -- I already haven't been able to play a test server game YET) -- they can log in and share, too, though there isn't any translation at the moment.

An_Average_Jho #14 Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:54 PM

Helvetic Polyglot

• Alpha tester
  • 57 battles
  • [WWPD] WWPD

Awesome! I immediately bookmarked it and uploaded something to test it out.

You should contact a mod or a dev to get some exposure.

Everything tastes better if it tries to eat you before you eat it

I named my airplane Iosef because it kept on Stalin

"Quod natura non dat, Salmantica non præstat"

SkywhaleExpress #15 Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:02 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostAn_Average_Jho, on 24 May 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

Awesome! I immediately bookmarked it and uploaded something to test it out.

You should contact a mod or a dev to get some exposure.

Just tweet it to @wowp and they'll retweet

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

TheWhiteRaven #16 Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles
Good idea! Will do.

amade #17 Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 452 battles

Awesome, I knew sooner or later someone will create a site like this. Cheers mate!

A few things to mention:

How to edit the replay page again once you leave the edit page the first time? I tried going into My Replays but I can't seem to find the edit button anywhere, there's only a delete button. For now the workaround I have is to copypaste this link: http://wowpflights.c...ys/edit/(replay number)/

Also, the page for uploading images has fields for title and description although neither appear for any images that I upload (seems to be an unintentional inclusion?).

TheWhiteRaven #18 Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles

View Postamade, on 24 May 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

Awesome, I knew sooner or later someone will create a site like this. Cheers mate!

A few things to mention:

How to edit the replay page again once you leave the edit page the first time? I tried going into My Replays but I can't seem to find the edit button anywhere, there's only a delete button. For now the workaround I have is to copypaste this link: http://wowpflights.c...ys/edit/(replay number)/

Also, the page for uploading images has fields for title and description although neither appear for any images that I upload (seems to be an unintentional inclusion?).

Thanks for the feedback!

The edit button will now appear on the My Replays page and on the replay page itself (if it's your replay, of course). I've also added the image title to the picture viewer, so that should actually be useful now in case you want to name them something more descriptive. I removed the description field from the image editor for now, at least.

Thanks again!

Edited by TheWhiteRaven, 24 May 2014 - 08:18 PM.

TheWhiteRaven #19 Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles

Updated the theme -- it's a starting point, at least.

Let me know if you like/hate/etc. :)

- TWR

truemush #20 Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
Looks cool! I'll post a replay on it! This might help out new pilots out as well! :great:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users