[spoiler] what the French tech tree could look like

France tech tree Dewoitine Morane-Saulnier Potez Bloch Dassault Arsenal Breguet Caudron

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

J311yfish #81 Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2703 battles
  • [343] 343

Update

-- Caudron C.714, C.760, as well as Bloch MB.700 light fighters have been added.  

The Caudron light fighters were not highly regarded but it makes sense to include them.  Flown by Polish pilots and also sent to Finland.

-- Potez 25 and Potez 390 have weak forward armament (also poor chronology) and have been sidelined in favor of the ANF-Mureaux 115/117 and Caudron Typhon.  

Decision informed by chronology, speeds, and transition to 2 engines to be consistent with the rest of the line.

-- Arsenal VB-15 is a variant of VB-10 and has been put back where it belongs rather than stretched to Tier VIII.

-- Arsenal VG-70 has been sidelined because there is no evidence to suggest that it was ever armed or intended to be armed; it was a small-scale jet research project.

-- resolved jets based on the fact that Rolls-Royce Nene is a tier VIII engine for Supermarine Attacker.  

Decision informed by chronology, manufacturer, armament, and success of the project.  

Rough spots:

-- Bloch MB.155's speed is kind of slow (on par with A6M2), it might make sense to offer reduced armament in order to bring the speed back up.

-- Dewoitine D.510 is kind of slow, it might make sense to use the D.513 airframe to achieve speed through aerodynamic refinement

-- SNCASE SE.2410 Grognard is an attack aircraft, not exactly a fighter, but belongs there because it is consistent with the SE.580 (manufacturer, dorsal air intake, armament suggesting attack role) [see Vultur and Vautour below]

-- SNCAC NC.1070/1 remains odd, Nord 1500 might be a better choice, work in progress

-- SNCASE Mistral and Aquilon are both developments of the De Havilland Vampire after all their carrier-borne jet prototypes failed.  Otherwise SNCAC NC.1080 is probably fine.

-- Breguet Vultur might have a very wide altitude band, or two altitude bands, based on its mixed propulsion

-- SNCASO SO.4050 Vautour's payload remains kind of high.  If Vultur and Vautour are out-of-bounds with respect to balance, bringing the line to Grognard would make sense.

Edited by J311yfish, 23 July 2014 - 05:41 PM.

Main tech tree projects:   JAPAN    UNITED KINGDOM  •  UNITED STATES    GERMANY  •  USSR  // aircraft to China

Europe tech tree projects:  ITALY    FRANCE    SWEDEN    Finland (skins•  Poland  •  International  //  Retired projects:  China    Brazil

Historical scenarios:  Spanish Civil War (skins•  Invasion of Poland  •  Winter War  •  Continuation War

Map proposals:   Panama Canal    Great Wall of China    Cliffs of Dover   //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial:  How to ignore forum posts and signatures

jekhell #82 Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:45 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

View PostTraurig_Yoda, on 15 May 2014 - 02:02 AM, said:

.... Thousands of French women find out what it's like not only to sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline. ...

Very nice and intelligent comment... 

Lofao_O #83 Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:06 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

http://worldofwarpla...hts-briefing-7/

It is a Bugatti 100p at 3 minutes, isnt'it ?

J311yfish #84 Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2703 battles
  • [343] 343

View PostLofao_O, on 20 September 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

http://worldofwarpla...hts-briefing-7/

It is a Bugatti 100p at 3 minutes, isnt'it ?

Definitely!  Good eye.

Main tech tree projects:   JAPAN    UNITED KINGDOM  •  UNITED STATES    GERMANY  •  USSR  // aircraft to China

Europe tech tree projects:  ITALY    FRANCE    SWEDEN    Finland (skins•  Poland  •  International  //  Retired projects:  China    Brazil

Historical scenarios:  Spanish Civil War (skins•  Invasion of Poland  •  Winter War  •  Continuation War

Map proposals:   Panama Canal    Great Wall of China    Cliffs of Dover   //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial:  How to ignore forum posts and signatures

losttwo #85 Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:53 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

keep up the good work, it is a good project to help keep you out of the game...I am tired of us shooting each other down.

Seriously, at least someone is working towards ideas and suggestion to help WG out...it is a great undertaking.

Lofao_O #86 Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:29 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

By the way, I found a website about aeromodelism which features some interesting planes (he takes his sources for some planes from "le fana de l'aviation" and from a book of Jean Cuny) such as the SO.4060 Super-Vautour strategic bomber (max speed mach 0.9, 2*30mm guns, ? kg bombs and rockets) :

http://maquette72.fr...etan/gaetan.php

GarlicPudding #87 Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:53 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

The SE 100...that little thing is just adorable. :D

J311yfish #88 Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2703 battles
  • [343] 343
rare SNCASE SE.580 article (4 pages, French) -- source: Le Fana de l'Aviation July 1972.

Edited by J311yfish, 08 October 2014 - 04:38 AM.

FlakValleyExpress #89 Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:20 AM

Captain

• 64 battles

It looks like the French will be in the early portion of 2015

RU WoWP forum source link

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes. Ditch the Zero and get with a Hero WoWP - Best troll game in 2018/2019

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

J311yfish #90 Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2703 battles
  • [343] 343

Multirole implications for France:

Spoiler

Edited by J311yfish, 14 October 2014 - 05:52 PM.

Raindrops #91 Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:28 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 92 battles
  • [EDF] EDF
It really doesn't look like there's enough there to pull out and make a pure MR line out of... As such, I'd bet on the side of it being as layed out already, with complete HF, GA, and LF lines made with those planes - though in the cases of the VB-10 and Narval, that may mean a loss of ordinance, as evidenced in the US North American line in the 1.6 test.

I never said I was good.

USA needs GA too.

J311yfish #92 Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2703 battles
  • [343] 343
thread bump to keep out of archive

Carl_the_Cuttlefish #93 Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20 battles
Here's J3llyfish's thread concerning the announcement of a possible french line. 

"It's about to get real inky in here!!!"

- Carl the Cuttlefish, the artist formerly known as S01836775, now in an all new user friendly format.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm whining in my posts 

And why do we balance???

J311yfish #94 Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2703 battles
  • [343] 343

Thank you for keeping out of archive.

If anyone would like to build upon this work, the best sources would be those from this list of books in French, Docavia collection #1-63 (some ISBN's and cover imagery here).

Raindrops #95 Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:02 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 92 battles
  • [EDF] EDF

Apparently, the SNCAC NC 1070 is mentioned in the game files somewhere... Fingers crossed for French implementation, soon.™

I'm also a bit excited about the XP-58 as well, as it's a shot at the 75mm gun, but they'll probably wuss out and take the 37mms...

I never said I was good.

USA needs GA too.

Carl_the_Cuttlefish #96 Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20 battles
Thats a weird plane to put in. Hopefully they do though! French GA? French HFs first? It'd be interesting. 

- Carl the Cuttlefish, the artist formerly known as S01836775, now in an all new user friendly format.

And why do we balance???

sms5 #97 Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:31 PM

Master Sergeant

• 63 battles
Given how much the French suck at fighting, perhaps this should be the only tech tree available to noobs...

Raindrops #98 Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:03 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 92 battles
  • [EDF] EDF

Bro, do you even forces armeés? The French have a long and proud military tradition - or did you think they just asked politely for the second largest nation in Europe? Or how about Napoleon, who decided to conquer the world around 1800? No? How about them being the front line in WWI - and winning that bloody slugfest?

They were once again first in line for WWII - but while the US was twiddling its thumbs, waiting for Pear Harbor, did France give up? No sir, or did you not hear of the French Resistance? The spies, saboteurs, and partisans that made it possible to re-take Europe, and formed a 1.2million-strong army by the end of the war?

Well, maybe you're talking about the current France - the one that has world-class equipment that's all indigenously produced, with funding toe-to-toe with Britain, beating out such names as Germany and Japan. Fourth greatest arms exporter? Still nothing?

Well, I guess you're right then - the French know noting at all about fighting, military technology, and certainly not planes. In fact, all of J311y's research (which I'm sure you read thouroughly,) just goes to show how terrible they were - I mean, they didn't even have a jet fighter until eight years after the 262 - and rebuilding the industry probably had nothing to do with that either. So yes, you're right, France should now and forever prostrate themselves before the glorious US for saving their sorry asses in WWII.

[/sarcasm]

Don't talk smack about the French. They been through plenty of fighting right in the middle of Europe, and the tenacious devils are still alive and kicking plenty hard.

I never said I was good.

USA needs GA too.

Heh #99 Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:41 AM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postsms5, on 06 April 2015 - 06:31 PM, said:

Given how much the French suck at fighting, perhaps this should be the only tech tree available to noobs...

That's cute. Yes, the French had mediocre doctrine, but their vehicles were good. Their tanks were better than everyone else's in Europe for the most part, the planes were good, they were the first military force to adopt the fabled high velocity 20mm Hispano, and later developments are pretty good as well. I know this is a joke on your end, but try not confusing doctrine and equipment. French doctrine was mediocre, French equipment wasn't too bad.
Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

Carl_the_Cuttlefish #100 Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20 battles

View PostRaindrops, on 06 April 2015 - 10:03 PM, said:

Bro, do you even forces armeés? The French have a long and proud military tradition - or did you think they just asked politely for the second largest nation in Europe? Or how about Napoleon, who decided to conquer the world around 1800? No? How about them being the front line in WWI - and winning that bloody slugfest?

They were once again first in line for WWII - but while the US was twiddling its thumbs, waiting for Pear Harbor, did France give up? No sir, or did you not hear of the French Resistance? The spies, saboteurs, and partisans that made it possible to re-take Europe, and formed a 1.2million-strong army by the end of the war?

Well, maybe you're talking about the current France - the one that has world-class equipment that's all indigenously produced, with funding toe-to-toe with Britain, beating out such names as Germany and Japan. Fourth greatest arms exporter? Still nothing?

Well, I guess you're right then - the French know noting at all about fighting, military technology, and certainly not planes. In fact, all of J311y's research (which I'm sure you read thouroughly,) just goes to show how terrible they were - I mean, they didn't even have a jet fighter until eight years after the 262 - and rebuilding the industry probably had nothing to do with that either. So yes, you're right, France should now and forever prostrate themselves before the glorious US for saving their sorry asses in WWII.

[/sarcasm]

Don't talk smack about the French. They been through plenty of fighting right in the middle of Europe, and the tenacious devils are still alive and kicking plenty hard.

Lol. That was an interesting post! Thanks!

And why do we balance???

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users