Two really necessary things that are missing in the game.

wingman squad system wingmen aim assistant joystick gamepad

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Shadow4869 #21 Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:02 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

I have tried to use an Xbox Controller and a joystick for this game. I can fly effeciently with GA, and general acrobatics seem much higher while having full control. But my aiming SUCKS!!!! That is my problem. I choose to use the mouse as I am too lazy to learn how to be as good with the joystick as I am with the mouse. That being said, I set my flaps, and roll controls to a key so that I can control them so that when the mouse flying gets deet da deet I can correct it before it happens.

I will say this though, 1v1 I would LOVE to take on the best of the best! If we are using same aircraft I am confident that it would be a great time of shooting down and getting shot down and both of us learning.

Also for mouse users. Make sure to get into the advanced mouse controls and set the anti low ground crap OFF!!!! That and manual flaps. It will also  help to mess with the camera angles a little and the return to level timer as those can all help a TON!

To the joystick guys that have taken the time to use them and get good with them. Kudos to you. For the noobs that are complaining.... To be frank, learn how to fly. It WILL take you longer to get used to aiming, but you definately do have a 1up with the pure control of the aircraft, so give it some time if you enjoy using your joystick. In the long run, even if you switch after 100/200 battles to the mouse you will be better off with the knowlede you gain using the joystick.

BrushWolf #22 Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:07 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View Postdoublespook, on 15 May 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

First, am not a joystick user because I didn't start that way and didn't want to go through another learning curve like was evident even in using a mouse. But I thought the various curves and the adjustable nature of those curves are what give the pilot fine tuning of control input into the joystick on the three axis. Am I wrong about this?

The curves look very familiar to me because of my involvement in R/C flying. Our radio transmitters have the same curve adjustments one must make to either make the sticks more or less sensitive to control input.

What seems unorthodox to me about a joystick is the rudder control. It's very counter intuitive for the rudder to be a "twist" of the stick. As you know if you're a joystick user, rudder control is imperative for guiding the ship and putting guns on target. Would feel much more natural if the rudder was actually controlled using pedals, but I suppose that's asking for just too much. Or maybe there is actually such a device and I am unaware of it?

You can get rudder pedals for use in sims but in an arcade game they are an expensive luxury and extreme overkill.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

SOLOSHOOTER #23 Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:38 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1387 battles

View PostZaifer, on 11 May 2014 - 05:48 PM, said:

Hi everybody!

I was thinking about some things that are missing in the game and that would make it a lot more complete and fun.

First: I think this game needs a system in which you can mark up to 2 teammates as your wingmen once you're already in a flight. This will organize better the team and u'll be able to follow or be followed by someone. Now this can happen via invitations during the battle's count-in (I mean, while the planes aren't moving yet). I know you can always team up before battle, but the quantity of people who team up is really low in comparison to those who don't so I think this would be an excellent option so create squads right before starting to fight in order to organize things better.

Second: I've noticed that everybody complains about low accuracy when using a joystick or gamepad, and I have to agree that mouse & keyboard pilots have a great advantage in comparison to those who use gamepad or joystick in terms of accuracy, so my suggestion is to add an aim assistant when players use these last devices. It could work by locking your crosshair to the enemy target if you're able to put it and matain it really close to the target (And by "really close" I mean a matter of milimeters). Also, another criteria could be the angle and position of your airplane, I mean, if you manage to overlap your crosshair with your target but your plane's not in a good shooting angle then the crosshair would never lock. 

I think this would balance things a bit taking into account that when you use a mouse all you have to do is to matain your cursor right on your target and your plane will do the rest.

What do you think about my suggestions? Am I asking too much?

Peace!

I been saying the same thing,just didn't put it the way you do,well said.

:facepalm:SOLOSHOOTER

eject................. and ill leave you alone     o7  

Zen_Reaper #24 Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

"View PostZaifer, on 11 May 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

First: I think this game needs a system in which you can mark up to 2 teammates as your wingmen once you're already in a flight. This will organize better the team and u'll be able to follow or be followed by someone. Now this can happen via invitations during the battle's count-in (I mean, while the planes aren't moving yet). I know you can always team up before battle, but the quantity of people who team up is really low in comparison to those who don't so I think this would be an excellent option so create squads right before starting to fight in order to organize things better.

Sounds great.

Would be like an ever changing, random squad...

...made up on the fly in the Randoms.

But...

...is an extraneous crutch.

Keen observers will be able to discern heavies from lights from GAA.

They already have symbols as identifiers above their heads.

"Heavies converge at E5 for focus fire."

"GA going South"

"Zaifer, that Flight of Zeroes always goes to F3. Meet me there and we'll give'm a surprise party."

...could be just as effective as special icons.

And... players in impromptu pseudo-flights...

...may be a little prone to get all flight-giddy and forget their prime directives.

Such as clearing tails from those with no special marks.

More concerned with locating and playing "wingman" to their new buddy.

I've thought about this same idea, markers on team mates.

I also thought about how nice it would be if Flights would allow 5 or 7 or more members.

In both cases, I can see why it isn't so.

Rather than a special marker ability, I suggest this:

ALL: "Hey Zen, wanna Flight up after this?"

"Sure, hit me up and invite that other guy too."

- Zen

Zen Reaper

Zaifer #25 Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

Senior Airman

• 3 battles

View PostMaxSkelter, on 15 May 2014 - 11:21 AM, said:

Not everyone is good at every game. I love football, I have played football, but, I’m no pro football player. Maybe your gaming experience with WOWP is not your cup of tea.

Sorry, but by saying this you're suggesting that if you're not skilled enogh to cope with your joystick or you don't have a specific joystick which actually helps you with your aim then, either you are obligued to pay the game using mouse/keyboard or you shouldn't play this game.

I'm talking about making settings more "joystick-friendly" if I can say it that way, allowing players who already bought a joystick (and really like it) to use it effectively and have the same opportunities of shooting down an enemy in a turnfight just like mouse users do.

Also tagged with wingman, squad, system, wingmen, aim, assistant, joystick, gamepad

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users