89 replies to this topic

BrushWolf #41 Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:53 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View Postwoofman34, on 04 May 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

I would like to see

• Match Maker balance (total combined experience on each side) or use hit ratios to decide . I know in real life things were very uneven , but this is an arcade style game and its meant to be fun for everyone.
  • A continuous weekly mission that requires tanks and planes to be played to achieve  (ships also when implemented) it does not have to be a high tier requirement just something to spark an interest.  

This is just an opinion

1) The MM could use some tweaks. Some method of balancing the teams would go a long way to that end.

2) I see lots of backlash from the tank crowd who by an large do not like planes or at least the style of play with planes. I would enjoy something like that but I feel I am in the minority.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Carl_the_Cuttlefish #42 Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20 battles

I do agree that we need to make tier's I and II safe for new players. Unless your dogfighting in a Pegasus, all these good players shouldn't be vaporized noobs. Basically, it should be if you have over 700 battles, you will not get into a game with new players and you'll just wait until enough >700 battle players emerge to make a game. I think a tier 0 would help alleviate the situation some.

"It's about to get real inky in here!!!"

- Carl the Cuttlefish, the artist formerly known as S01836775, now in an all new user friendly format.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm whining in my posts 

And why do we balance???

lostwingman #43 Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:50 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 32 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostHeh, on 03 May 2014 - 06:54 PM, said:

- Server-side flight. I ask for this too much, and it's obviously not gonna happen, but make at least flight control input client-side. Ping is basically the key denominator between hitting most of your shots or basically struggling to even get 40% in. Yes, I indeed complain a lot about it, but having played several flight games before, you need the best response you can get. With server-side harming said response, it will turn off a ton of players. Nearly turned me off completely when I first played, and I'm usually an open guy.

If they changed this one thing to make response fidelity much faster the game would be a lot more accessible and compare a lot better than it currently does.

Ground Attack, the new Arty

Heibges #44 Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 65 battles

Someone with a clear an unifying vision to take control of WoWp development. 

"If the Healer gets killed it's the Tank's fault.  If the Tank gets killed it's the Healer's fault.  If the DPS get killed it's their own fault." - various

CastorBean #45 Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 28 battles
That would be Rocket Spammer. I suggest a 3 year contract, $125,000 per year, relocation, benefits, and travel stipend to/from the eastern European offices. Pilots can each pay $125 per year, WG pays the benefits and a company car. WoWP will prosper.

WulfNose #46 Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Community Ace
  • 570 battles

View PostCastorBean, on 05 May 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

That would be Rocket Spammer. I suggest a 3 year contract, $125,000 per year, relocation, benefits, and travel stipend to/from the eastern European offices. Pilots can each pay $125 per year, WG pays the benefits and a company car. WoWP will prosper.

Rocket Spammer and I agree on very little, but I would agree to this. I would rather have things done my way, but could not afford the cut. So, I would far rather see things done Rocket Spammer's way than continue to see things done badly, if done at all. Great idea. Wulf

Edited by WulfNose, 05 May 2014 - 05:11 PM.

Heibges #47 Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 65 battles

- Removal of Optimum Altitude

- Removal of Dispersion

- Reinstitute originally proposed logical Rock/Scissors/Paper

- Map Redesign for better landmarking of objectives, and to clearly define objectives.

- Polish UI to make Supremacy Mode clearer.

- Make effective range of all guns the same.

- Better balance of M&KB, Joystick, and gamepad.

Edited by Heibges, 05 May 2014 - 05:19 PM.

"If the Healer gets killed it's the Tank's fault.  If the Tank gets killed it's the Healer's fault.  If the DPS get killed it's their own fault." - various

F16SkyPilot #48 Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 8764 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Block Quote

There's not enough population to support a 1 tier MM setup

That is precisely the reason a 1 tier MM should be considered.

Block Quote

Granted, the player states this is a WISH list and there's nothing wrong with wishing, but throwing out stuff that's impractical, bad for gameplay, bad for balance, or just against what the dev will do is just food for the trolls SerB WG naysayers who say players don't have good ideas.

Oh, and one wish I forgot to list,

•  For over-opinionated pablum puking blow-hard, such as yourself, limit your sarcastic criticism to the positive nature of the GAME!

As I read your reply, I came to the conclusion, you do not support your community!

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself."

BrushWolf #49 Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:57 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

Block Quote

- Make effective range of all guns the same.

I disagree with this, cannons historically had longer effective range over MGs. Better wound be to reduce the effective range of all cannons and MGs by 25 - 30% and adjust from there, they are effective at longer ranges than they should be.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

lostwingman #50 Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:26 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 32 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostBrushWolf, on 05 May 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

I disagree with this, cannons historically had longer effective range over MGs. Better wound be to reduce the effective range of all cannons and MGs by 25 - 30% and adjust from there, they are effective at longer ranges than they should be.

Yea, that's not something that would be frustrating or annoying (at least compared to dispersion) that would lend itself to differentiating planes and loadout playstyle.

BrushWolf #51 Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:51 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View Postlostwingman, on 05 May 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

Yea, that's not something that would be frustrating or annoying (at least compared to dispersion) that would lend itself to differentiating planes and loadout playstyle.

Dispersion itself isn't really a problem but the level of dispersion we have is.

Russian Proverb

lostwingman #52 Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:56 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 32 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostBrushWolf, on 05 May 2014 - 04:51 PM, said:

Dispersion itself isn't really a problem but the level of dispersion we have is.

True, I feel like my guns are on ballmounts and spinning around at random.

Edited by lostwingman, 05 May 2014 - 09:56 PM.

AmericanKestrel #53 Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4360 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

A lot of really good suggestions have already been stated, here, IMHO, are mine.

1. fix the MM already.  No More 3 tier battles.  If you can't get a 15x15 battle let the players pick another tier to fight in.  Just because two players want to fly their T8 planes doesn't mean that you have to dump the T6's and T7's (mostly T6) into that fight.

2. Love the special missions; However, If you want me to shoot down Either Allied or Axis planes then one side should be made up of either Axis or Allied planes. And, of course (please see suggestion #1) The fight should be Tier specific, or, at best a two tier fight.  I also like Barbeerian's suggestion: "Try to balance planes by tier & type. If there are multiple heavies, lights and GA's balance them between the teams as much as possible. I understand it can't always be perfect but we've all had those matches where one team gets 4 262's and an IL-20 and the other team gets 4 IL-20's and a 262."

3. I'd really like to get armour piercing rounds for my tail gunners.  They keep complaining that they just as well be shooting "spit wads" at the planes coming in from behind.

BrushWolf #54 Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:49 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostAmericanKestrel, on 06 May 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

A lot of really good suggestions have already been stated, here, IMHO, are mine.

1. fix the MM already.  No More 3 tier battles.  If you can't get a 15x15 battle let the players pick another tier to fight in.  Just because two players want to fly their T8 planes doesn't mean that you have to dump the T6's and T7's (mostly T6) into that fight.

2. Love the special missions; However, If you want me to shoot down Either Allied or Axis planes then one side should be made up of either Axis or Allied planes. And, of course (please see suggestion #1) The fight should be Tier specific, or, at best a two tier fight.  I also like Barbeerian's suggestion: "Try to balance planes by tier & type. If there are multiple heavies, lights and GA's balance them between the teams as much as possible. I understand it can't always be perfect but we've all had those matches where one team gets 4 262's and an IL-20 and the other team gets 4 IL-20's and a 262."

3. I'd really like to get armour piercing rounds for my tail gunners.  They keep complaining that they just as well be shooting "spit wads" at the planes coming in from behind.

As far as number three goes fixing the priorities for the gunner would go a long way. Currently they fire at the closest target even if they are not looking/firing at you and ignore the plane(s) that are firing at you. The gunner AI needs to prioritize targets that are actually firing at you and are in arc.

Russian Proverb

Breezy1 #55 Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:01 PM

• Open Beta Tester
  • 5 battles
  • [ACES_] ACES_
Working FOV and standard aiming mechanics. This is all that I want at this point. Please fix it!!!

gunlion #56 Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:14 AM

Community Manager

• 0 battles

Good lists of things here. I'm paying attention to your suggestions and wishlists. 

ArrowZ_ #57 Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:16 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles
Well that isn't scary at all.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

MagusGerhardt #58 Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:00 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostArrowZ_, on 06 May 2014 - 08:16 PM, said:

Well that isn't scary at all.

It's a monitor lizard!  They're cuddly!  ( So long as they're captive bred and raised and not currently hungry. )

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

the82ndsky #59 Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:04 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [IUOE] IUOE
some thing that i have not seen yet is the request for red outs and black outs. to stop the tight i will just keep turning as tight as i can till some one is dead.  i thinkl it is one of the most important real word effects in any flying game. ( this could be improved to some degree by perks but still in play )  

Wolcott #60 Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:13 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
All I want is a non-Soviet ground attack aircraft line. Kinda boring always seeing the usual Soviet GAA.

Brewster - for lasting mastery of the air

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users