What Do We, the Community Want?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic

NathanFlightLeader #21 Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:09 AM

Flying Kiwi

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles

View PostFullMetal_Inferno, on 04 May 2014 - 11:23 AM, said:

I know I shouldn't be complaining (the U.S. just got a new line), but I would really like to see the B-17 Flying Fortress.

Apart from that:

• Better graphics (they aren't bad, but you can always improve on it)
  • I would like to see the stat changes for using equipment instead of having to arm myself with a calculator
  • Better plane collision models
  • More intense stalls
  • Camera effects (or something of the sort) to show you are flying fast

We won't see the B-17 as a player controlled plane in game as bombers would not work with the current gameplay. Like Glenn said we may see them as NPC planes in a new game mode but that is all we will get.

http://forum.worldof..._st__20#topmost

Read my post there for reasons why we won't get bombers.

"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed."
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" And "Oh S...!"
"Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight."
Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

Heh #22 Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:21 AM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostRocketSpammer1, on 04 May 2014 - 01:59 AM, said:

@Heh. The problem with the 262s, isn't the plane.. But rather that they for whatever silly reason chose to put them in as heavy fighters, filled with 35 second boosts.. And slower turning.

Well the 262 followed the doctrine of the Zerstorers IRL, so I'd say it's an HF. But then it would fall to my class stereotyping, and your HF doctrine change (which I agree with since we have literally proven that the horizontal BnZ concept works with the Fw line).

Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

losttwo #23 Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:23 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I flew closed beta and open beta with 6000 missions. I took a break for 6 months due to technical problems.

What has not improved that needs to be worked on ASAP.

----- joystick control sensitivity

My joystick just doesn't work as well as the mouse despite the adjustments in the settings.

Solution could be for me to buy a better joystick, I don't know.

A better HUD display with a Bi- colored attitude option.

I currently use variant 3 with black numbers and it is hard to see in the heat of combat and terrain.

If we could tweak it so the number were brighter or a choice and the higher numbers would be one color while the lower would be a different color.

---------Institute gun convergence I would really like to be able to set my guns at various ranges as an advanced pilot.

WHAT IMPROVEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE THAT ARE NOT REALLY NOTICEABLE BY THE AVERAGE GAME PLAYER.

Or what changes have I not noticed that effects game play yet I think the game still plays the same as it did before ( 6 months is a long time )

Aiming is a little off as the guns shoot high at the top of the enemy hit box. You need to recalibrate you guns

The MM is way out of whack. New pilots should not be placed in tier 2 matches. Yes I tested this one with a new account then had it deleted.

Any one under 1000 matches doesn't stand a chance against anyone with over 2000 matches.

They wont return to keep playing and you lost one more person. If I did not have experience I would have quit and not come back.

Pilot skill has major effect where it was unnoticeable before.

The Superiority counter is way to fast.

hard to get 5 kills when the superiority counter wins as you begin shooting your 5th enemy or 12 ground target.

SOLOSHOOTER #24 Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1314 battles

Head on collisions:  The game already has a feature to turn off head-on collisions.  It's found under the "Don't fly straight at the enemy, trying to get the kill before you collide" menu. Simply check the box that says "evade earlier to circle around on the potential rammer" and there you go, no more head on collisions.

ahhh the answer too the 'rammer' problem finally solved...good job, well said...and to those whos still can't figure it out,its part of the game...deal with it,move fasta ;)

On to the thread at hand...... improving my logitec 3dpro / joystick . The 'sweeping' players refer too is very annoying,before the patch i was on point...now im oversteering and cannot get the same precision i once had.User error? mabye,but its noticed after the patch...which leads me to think its not me.

All planes could move faster.......more intense gameplay IMO. I like high speed real time grip the stick like my life depends on it kind of action.Can ya dig it? speed, baby, speed for all of us.

And last and i think most important.........Forcing teamwork. Make the game start out with flight teams already setup. If your in a flight group pre start of round,cool,... good for you,well done....the rest of the players should be assigned flight squads.So you kinda know who you are supposed to cover (some type of color difference for squads) , a preset wingman if you will. Some players dont have a microphone or dont use them,really doesnt matter as long as they play like a teamate. 

:facepalm:SOLOSHOOTER

eject................. and ill leave you alone     o7  

GeorgePatton #25 Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:21 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1609 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

Very good discussion/suggestions happening here guys!

really liked the one guy's idea of randomly polling players in-game. That sir, is the best suggestion I have ever seen on these forums.

To clarify my gripe about the altitude system... I wasn't really talking about altitude bands, but rather the general compression of altitude (scaling).

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Namelsshero #26 Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

Another thing I would like to see, is for WG to force every person to be friendly to each other.

WG should bann all forms of communications Prior,During, and after games.

Anyone ever hear the old saying,"Fences make great nieghbors!"

We would all be alot more friendly if we never said a word to each other and just played.

just sayin, if we're just making a wishlist.     ya dig ?

BrushWolf #27 Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:52 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

AA - Get rid of the laser guided feel of the anti-aircraft guns particularly away from the HQ. It shouldn't feel like your health is being ground off, instead it should feel like they are missing almost all the time but when they hit it should hurt like hell.

Collisions - Don't eliminate them but make more of them close calls

Joysticks - As other have mentioned better support. Fix lead indicator/hit box location. Since 1.3 we might as well turn it off because we have to hunt for the spot which varies by the attack angle from ahead of it to behind it. When attacking ground targets you often have to shoot away from the target.

Dispersion - Reduce it to more accurately represent convergence as was used for wing mounted guns. Reduce it even more for fuselage mounted weapons.

Plane balance - There are some planes that are completely dominated in all aspects, speed, firepower, and maneuverability by other planes. Use preferential match making for those planes.

Battle altitudes - Unless you are attacking ground targets or the planes that are attacking those ground targets the fighting should be happening at higher altitudes. AI bombers transiting the map would provide a reason to go to altitude and stay there to either attack or defend them. The altitude bands would need to be reworked for this to work.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Zen_Reaper #28 Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

New Feature:

Text Filter for in-game chat...

...that detects the phrase, "fail team" and then runs a check on that player's score.

If the phrase "fail team" is used by a player with zero participation, that player should be fined.

Thank you,

- Zen

Zen Reaper

MagusGerhardt #29 Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:55 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostDasTomas77, on 03 May 2014 - 10:14 PM, said:

A gas gives another advantage to experienced players because they can afford it, newbies cant. Maybe its time to stop whinning about a price of a gas and leave seal clubbing for good, Ace?

Let me get this straight; you're accusing Ace Reporter who has 327 battles of seal clubbing, while you have over 4,500 battles?  Wow.

Ace has a good point.  AvGas has been priced right out of reach for low tier Free to Play players.  Now only "Seal Clubbers" can afford to use it.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

DasTomas77 #30 Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 807 battles
1000 of my last battles are 6.08 average tier so thats an answer for your question.

Edited by DasTomas77, 04 May 2014 - 05:28 PM.

DasTomas77 #31 Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 807 battles

Edited by DasTomas77, 04 May 2014 - 05:28 PM.

MagusGerhardt #32 Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:50 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostDasTomas77, on 03 May 2014 - 10:14 PM, said:

A gas gives another advantage to experienced players because they can afford it, newbies cant. Maybe its time to stop whinning about a price of a gas and leave seal clubbing for good, Ace?

Here's what you said.

View PostDasTomas77, on 04 May 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

Here's what you should have said.

Ace Reporter is a new player, still learning the ropes, and voiced a concern about something that had been available for entry-level pilots being no longer available, in a thread dedicated to ideas for game improvement.

Then you come along and insult him.   I don't care what your average tier flown is, it doesn't change the fact that you came off as a jerk.  You want to go after someone who flies low tiers exclusively after collecting a thousand battles, be my guest, but Ace Reporter is not your man.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

losttwo #33 Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:08 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

A way to turn chat off, completely off.

The only thing you will see are the command button prompts and that is all.

Niblets #34 Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I definitely agree with the Joystick, cockpit view, and a few others in these lists, but my main yearning is for the clan battles to be implemented. 

Carl_the_Cuttlefish #35 Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20 battles

Geez, quite the requests. Here's mine:

1. Default setting to be with A and D for roll and the radar as default.

2. More stats for weapons. 

3. Tier 0

"It's about to get real inky in here!!!"

- Carl the Cuttlefish, the artist formerly known as S01836775, now in an all new user friendly format.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm whining in my posts 

And why do we balance???

Carl_the_Cuttlefish #36 Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20 battles

View PostNamelsshero, on 04 May 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

Another thing I would like to see, is for WG to force every person to be friendly to each other.

WG should bann all forms of communications Prior,During, and after games.

Anyone ever hear the old saying,"Fences make great nieghbors!"

We would all be alot more friendly if we never said a word to each other and just played.

just sayin, if we're just making a wishlist.     ya dig ?

No way! I love the in game chat and it made me giggle so many times. The in game chat makes the 30 second wait worthwhile. 

"It's about to get real inky in here!!!"

- Carl the Cuttlefish, the artist formerly known as S01836775, now in an all new user friendly format.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm whining in my posts 

And why do we balance???

SOLOSHOOTER #37 Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1314 battles

View PostNiblets, on 04 May 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

I definitely agree with the Joystick, cockpit view, and a few others in these lists, but my main yearning is for the clan battles to be implemented. 

bingo!!    and again my idea of forced team group at rounds start...........if some player feels like they are a hero,fine watch n laugh... the rest of us,with or without a mic (and the ability to use it effectivly as a team) will be focused on the task at hand,be it defending the heavys or hitting the ground targets. Its all a matter of knowing where you are supposed to be,.. at the moment the big ball of red n green is wherer the action is,but it makes it hard too keep track of the bigger goal in mind..winning the round for the team. This as well as the current flight plan players can use,if you feel like waiting that long.

Other point i would like to express ...a little less hating on each other here on forums,take it to the sky....after all it is just a game. And dont let my name fool you....i DO play for my team to win at all times. So cheers too all,good luck improving the game,i like it as it is..but there is always room for bigger and better i say.

Edited by SOLOSHOOTER, 04 May 2014 - 09:24 PM.

:facepalm:SOLOSHOOTER

eject................. and ill leave you alone     o7  

woofman34 #38 Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 5 battles
  • [SG] SG

I would like to see

• Implementation of muti core technology .
  • A clan chat channel that has an option for message of the day .
  • Removal of Negative marking in Forums . Unless an option to " Explain why " is added .
  • Match Maker balance (total combined experience on each side) or use hit ratios to decide . I know in real life things were very uneven , but this is an arcade style game and its meant to be fun for everyone.
  • A continuous weekly mission that requires tanks and planes to be played to achieve  (ships also when implemented) it does not have to be a high tier requirement just something to spark an interest.  
  • Other battle modes ( like an offence team verses a defense team ) only one base to defend or destroy on map
  • Rewards for an Invite to wargaming  (when a player joins there would be a referral question ) 20 invites get a premium plane after said players  reach  1k battles
  • In game anonymous (unknown in game ) Flight instructors made up of our pilots
  • Clan  Tags in game (without using someone's mod)
  • Special battles system like in tanks ( where we don't have to create the rooms ourselves )
  • Weekly  skirmishes , clan wars (Gold earning on a weekly basis )
  • A Medal for  assist kills (Team Player or Facilitator would be an idea of a name for it  )
  • Population increase
  • Tier 8 Premium Jet
  • Finally  a  fun friendly environment we can all enjoy (Lets put an end to all the Hate )

This is just an opinion

QuintonMcHale #39 Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:32 PM

Senior Airman

• 1 battle
I like what most of the players have said here. One thing that I really liked was drone bombers as targets, which would make pilots climb to intercept. It would be like taking out ground targets at altitude, while still having to watch out for enemy fighters.

Kiwiav8r #40 Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:34 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 608 battles
  • [ACES_] ACES_

Glenn, I only really want one thing:

That when a battle starts my team has a 50/50 chance of winning.  Right now I can accurately predict the outcome of most matches before the counter reaches 0 just by reviewing the teamlists.  I am a strictly average player, but it does not appear to matter if I personally perform well or poorly I never seem to be able to influence the outcome.  Yesterday I stopped playing and starting playing another game because I realized I had become rather indifferent and lost all sense of enjoyment.  I can see the beginning of the end of my participation in this game, and I find that fact rather sad.

"Credibility down, Kill Ratio up!" - Joe 'Hoser' Satrapa

Aces (pre v1.9):  Bulldog, A4N, Hawk III, F2A-1, I-16(e), Skua, Ar68, A6M1, P-36, XF4F-3, Bf-109B, Bf-110B, Bf-110 C6, Blenheim, Bf-109E, Bf-110E, P-40, P-40 M105, XFL-1, Spitfire I, M.20, Beaufighter, IL-2 (mod), XF4U-1, Mosquito, P-51A, Yak-7, Yak-1M, Bf-109F, La-5, Spitfire V, Me-410, F4U-1, Fw-190 A5, Yak-9, XP-50, P-39Q-15, Mustang Mk 1, P-38J, P-51D, Yak-9U, Bf-109G, La-7, Spitfire IX, A7M, Fw-190D, F7F, Yak-15, Me-262

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users