Jump to content


Aim Bullet Tracers Bug [Temp Fix]

Aim Bug Reticle DIsplacement Bullet tracers low Aim Bug Temp Fix

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

SkywhaleExpress #61 Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

    noob leader

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • 10,731
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    09-09-2012

View PostGhostPrime, on 15 May 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

 

The difference is that the developers have to deal with a full development cycle, this includes QA, and production, along with many other departments. Ultimately it is a minor, (If very annoying) issue.

The developers are busy, as they are working on much more than just the aiming bug.

We do ask for your patience and understanding with this issue, and I am sure you will see this issue fixed in the future.

 I highly doubt they're utilizing any kind of Quality Assurance testing. Patches get pushed too quickly from the CT server to live, without any major fixes when we clearly say it's not ready.

 

This would be the equivalent of my company's R&D pushing a new patch and telling us "go ahead and put it on a datacenter..." and then having it crash the datacenters that it gets installed on.



Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear


tahee59 #62 Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 22 battles
  • 1,805
  • Member since:
    07-31-2012

~~
View PostGhostPrime, on 15 May 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:


These things do take time. I can tell you that they are working on it. However I do not have a time frame as to when a fix will be implemented.

 

 

Just saying... DrSinister and I fixed this via a modified DDS files in less than 1 day's time. We're unpaid players. He's a technician for a cable company, and I manage ATM/transaction processing servers..... not exactly professional programers.

 

 

so are you saying that there is a mod that can give someone an advantage over others? If so I think it might be time for WG to look into the mods


Edited by tahee59, 15 May 2014 - 05:34 PM.


ArrowZ_ #63 Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

    Captain

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles
  • 3,274
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013
I'd sure as hell would like to know what mod fixed this bug. At least its better than waiting. But patience is a virtue and I've got all the time in the world.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger


tahee59 #64 Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:33 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 22 battles
  • 1,805
  • Member since:
    07-31-2012
thanks for the -1 but really if a mod gives you advantage over others you should be banned

Sandman1969 #65 Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:26 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 39 battles
  • 2,175
  • Member since:
    01-28-2012

View Posttahee59, on 15 May 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

thanks for the -1 but really if a mod gives you advantage over others you should be banned

 

 

Wait, so you're against the community coming up with workarounds to resolve issues with the game?

That is what this "mod" does and it's not a mod persay either. You start banning for that & you will kill the community.

The fix is just a single modded file that adjusts the reticle to where it should be, before the last patch broke it.


Edited by Sandman1969, 15 May 2014 - 10:48 PM.


Zapperguy #66 Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:24 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • 2,820
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN
  • Member since:
    04-04-2012

View Posttahee59, on 15 May 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

thanks for the -1 but really if a mod gives you advantage over others you should be banned


tahee,

That's like saying if glasses help some people see better they shouldn't be allowed. Mods are publicly available here in the forum. They don't give an "advantage" to anyone, but simply make the game more enjoyable for players who desire certain changes. There is no code to alter the path of bullets, it simply puts the reticule where it belongs in 1st person view only.

:honoring:



Sandman1969 #67 Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:49 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 39 battles
  • 2,175
  • Member since:
    01-28-2012

View PostArrowZ_, on 15 May 2014 - 01:41 PM, said:

I'd sure as hell would like to know what mod fixed this bug. At least its better than waiting. But patience is a virtue and I've got all the time in the world.

 

 

Post #27 if you haven't found it already.



Mercsn #68 Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:28 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2617 battles
  • 3,300
  • Member since:
    04-17-2013

View PostGhostPrime, on 15 May 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

 

The difference is that the developers have to deal with a full development cycle, this includes QA, and production, along with many other departments. Ultimately it is a minor, (If very annoying) issue. 

The developers are busy, as they are working on much more than just the aiming bug. 

We do ask for your patience and understanding with this issue, and I am sure you will see this issue fixed in the future. 

 

GP, I know your position requires you to regurgitate the party line, but since you put it out there, I'll take you to task on it.

 

1)  devs have to deal with full development cycle.  

Does this full cycle include bug checking and debugging?

 

2) this includes a QA (quality assurance) cycle

Really?

 

So, if these items are preventing a quick hotfix, why did they not catch and fix the easily noticed issue before the patch was released?

 

3) "The aim bug is a minor issue ... the devs are busy working on other things"

I challenge your definition of the word "minor".  Obviously,  with this much talk about the noticeable and game play impacting issue,  it's not minor.  The devs are busy?   How about priorities?   If the carpet needs vacuuming,  but the drapes are on fire, which do you deal with first?

 

 Following this analogy, WG's huge, unwieldy bureaucratic management structure will eventually result in the house burning down.  It really is the same as telling thw customer, "Yes,  we know there is an obvious issue with a relatively easy fix (as proved by DrSinister and Alex aka RocketSpammer1), but we don't really care.  Now buy some premium time or gold please."  That's just bad business.

 

Coincidentally,  "the other flying game's" ground forces went into open beta today.  So, I'll patiently drive some tanks in an immersive WWII tank game while the wowp devs put this bug hotfix through the development cycle. 

 


Edited by Mercsn, 16 May 2014 - 03:03 AM.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

 

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

ArrowZ_ #69 Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:55 AM

    Captain

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles
  • 3,274
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013

@Sandman1969

I'll redirect that fix now to front page in OP. Should of done it before. My apologies for not doing so. Thanks for the direction.

 

Just bear in mind these WG staff members have sacrificed a little of their time to at least recognise this issue and have responded with the confirmation of a fix. GhostPrime did say the fix was going to take some time, so all we need to do is hold his statement to the absolute and just wait until the new patch comes. A little credit for acknowledging WG's effort to provide a little communication towards the community can go a long way.

 

Besides if a mod fixes this issue, what's the point of bickering even further?


Edited by ArrowZ_, 16 May 2014 - 09:13 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger


A1SF #70 Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:12 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
  • 28
  • [LIGS] LIGS
  • Member since:
    09-18-2012

Now i read this topic i will look after the IL line, because i thought after the patch that my aiming wasnt the same, (or it was the wodka)

 

I will test it out and reply my opinion here. In the IL line my mouse is freezing sometimes when zooming in.... strange



Sandman1969 #71 Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:12 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 39 battles
  • 2,175
  • Member since:
    01-28-2012

View PostMercsn, on 15 May 2014 - 09:28 PM, said:

 

3) "The aim bug is a minor issue ... the devs are busy working on other things"

I challenge your definition of the word "minor".  Obviously,  with this much talk about the noticeable and game play impacting issue,  it's not minor.  The devs are busy?   How about priorities?   If the carpet needs vacuuming,  but the drapes are on fire, which do you deal with first?

 

I agree with this.

Anything that affects gameplay in this manor is NOT a minor issue by any means.



BrushWolf #72 Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:33 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • 5,907
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View PostMercsn, on 15 May 2014 - 08:28 PM, said:

 

GP, I know your position requires you to regurgitate the party line, but since you put it out there, I'll take you to task on it.

 

1)  devs have to deal with full development cycle.  

Does this full cycle include bug checking and debugging?

 

2) this includes a QA (quality assurance) cycle

Really?

 

So, if these items are preventing a quick hotfix, why did they not catch and fix the easily noticed issue before the patch was released?

 

3) "The aim bug is a minor issue ... the devs are busy working on other things"

I challenge your definition of the word "minor".  Obviously,  with this much talk about the noticeable and game play impacting issue,  it's not minor.  The devs are busy?   How about priorities?   If the carpet needs vacuuming,  but the drapes are on fire, which do you deal with first?

 

 Following this analogy, WG's huge, unwieldy bureaucratic management structure will eventually result in the house burning down.  It really is the same as telling thw customer, "Yes,  we know there is an obvious issue with a relatively easy fix (as proved by DrSinister and Alex aka RocketSpammer1), but we don't really care.  Now buy some premium time or gold please."  That's just bad business.

 

Coincidentally,  "the other flying game's" ground forces went into open beta today.  So, I'll patiently drive some tanks in an immersive WWII tank game while the wowp devs put this bug hotfix through the development cycle. 

 

 

The aim bug is far from a minor issue. It seems to affect players differently with little affect for one but with a huge affect for others.


I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

                             

 

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

 


GhostPrime #73 Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

    Community Specialist

  • Member
  • 64 battles
  • 2,278
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

The Aim issue is being handled by the development team. A do agree it is rather annoying, as I do play the game myself. I too am waiting for a fix.

However i do understand this is a hot issue, and i will keep you guys in the loop, and do what i can to let the Dev's know about your sentiments. 

 

 



Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


Zen_Reaper #74 Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 1,376
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014

View PostGhostPrime, on 16 May 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

The Aim issue is being handled by the development team. A do agree it is rather annoying, as I do play the game myself. I too am waiting for a fix.

However i do understand this is a hot issue, and i will keep you guys in the loop, and do what i can to let the Dev's know about your sentiments. 

 

 

 

Good enough for me man.

Thanks.

 

 - Zen


Zen Reaper

Mercsn #75 Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:28 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2617 battles
  • 3,300
  • Member since:
    04-17-2013

View PostGhostPrime, on 16 May 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

The Aim issue is being handled by the development team. A do agree it is rather annoying, as I do play the game myself. I too am waiting for a fix.

However i do understand this is a hot issue, and i will keep you guys in the loop, and do what i can to let the Dev's know about your sentiments. 

 

 

 

Спасибо.  Но, вы говорите по русский?

 

Either way, i approve of this reply.


All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

 

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Roy_McMullet #76 Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:17 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4 battles
  • 263
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

It's hard to get me frustrated, especially with gaming, but this one is a bit much.

 

I played through it up until today.  I'm gonna wait for a notification of a fix before I spend anymore time playing.



SkywhaleExpress #77 Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:03 AM

    noob leader

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • 10,731
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    09-09-2012
FYI: I had nothing to do with this mod.


Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear


ArrowZ_ #78 Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:13 AM

    Captain

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles
  • 3,274
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013
Done. Changed. Although no one really mentioned who else contributed to this mod except DrSinister and FastAttack, so credit is sent to whoever it is due.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger





3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users