Farewell

Farewell Goodbye Leaving-Now

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

OpheliaAlexiou #1 Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:07 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8281 battles

I just want to take this moment to say farewell to the massive number of people, many of whom most likely do not use the forums at all, that I have met on this game who have demonstrated to me that they are wonderfully friendly and considerate people. If you want to keep in touch with me, send me a private message, and I will give you a way to keep in touch with me, but I will in all likelihood never play World Of Warplanes ever again, will never pay attention to another thread on this forum, and will only occasionally check for messages until such time as those messages cease to come.

You see, ever since I started to play this game, I discovered rather quickly that while there are three classes of aircraft in the game, there was only one that held any appeal to me whatsoever : the Ground Attack Aircraft. It used to be an amazing class and the game used to be wonderfully fun to play, despite the trolls, there was something I could play which I enjoyed and wherein I did well. Recently, the company decided to make some changes, and the effect of those changes has been the utter neutralization of the Ground Attacker as a viable class of aircraft having any enjoyability to me whatsoever for the purposes of playing it --

The Ground Attacker has always been targeted as "easy experience." I was still able to perform well against ground targets, was able to even get air-to-air kills through the use of the cunning and carefully-timed application of bombs to clear my own tail without a requirement for a teammate to protect me. I even achieved Ace in my TSh-3, once, through precisely that tactic. However, as a result of trolls, I decided to take somewhat of a break from the game, and when I returned, I found that the Ground Attacker class, the most wonderful and most beloved class in the game for me and the one which despite a satellite connection I was able to enjoy and play well, wherein I could make considerable & valuable contributions to my team... had been cut down to the point where the company might as well remove it from the game entirely.

Fighters and Heavy Fighters have had their performance enhanced against ground targets to make them more capable of targeting enemies on the ground without it being a suicide mission.

To compensate for an inability to play on the part of certain players who operate exclusively Fighter or Heavy Fighter Aircraft, the last bastions of the Ground Attack Aircraft which made it even peripherally able to be independent have been diminished dramatically, and I have found that where once I was one of the leaders in scoring unexpected bomb kills, I am no longer able to get them at all -- even when I have the same altitude and same distance I had before, and would get a bomb kill guaranteed, recently four bombs failed to do what one had done before. It seems evident to me that the company has diminished my favourite class of aircraft to the point that it is presently unplayable, and while I might decide to test occasionally to see if the company has decided to restore the Ground Attack Aircraft and simply told people who were whining about it to learn to play because for the last five months the Ground Attack Aircraft I'd come to know and love had always been a chronically easy kill to the point that even with my bad connection I could kill one, but now, the high hit points mean nothing and the Ground Attack Aircraft dies while barely making a dent at all.

Farewell, World Of Warplanes. Perhaps your name should be World Of Fighter Planes, because warplanes would imply that the Ground Attack Aircraft class is still playable, and that is no longer true.

For those of you who count me as a friend, as I said, send me a private message on the forums if you want to keep in touch with me outside of this game. I will still be on World Of Tanks, for as long as artillery remains a playable class, because I am becoming somewhat decent at that and loving it, but aside from occasionally checking in to see if the company has restored the Ground Attack Aircraft to a playable status, I will not be on this forum or in this game again, almost ever.

Since starting to play the game on December 08, I have achieved the Ace Medal in: TSh-3 -- Fw 57 -- Ao 192 -- Bf 110 B --

FreeFOXMIKE #2 Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:26 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 19326 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

:sads:

this makes me sad we need all the "MUD HENs" we can get 

and to clarify before some misunderstand the term 

now the term means

Mud Hen- F-15E

http://www.baseops.n...t/glossary.html

I can remember a time when it meant any Low and slow CAS ( Close Air Support).

Edited by FreeFOXMIKE, 21 April 2014 - 08:33 AM.

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

FlakValleyExpress #3 Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:28 AM

Captain

• 11991 battles
I wonder why I did not see you in the matches of late. It is a sad day to lose player like you that I enjoyed gaming with in the matches. You did have a style that would encourage others.in WoWP. You will be missed.:honoring:

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

SkywhaleExpress #4 Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:01 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 17397 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I'm sorry to see you go, wish you'd reconsider and try to ignore the trolls . Also, the ILs haven gotten another  nerf anytime since you have been away

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

WulfNose #5 Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:30 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Community Ace
  • 1510 battles
Flighted up with a comrade last night, and tore up the skies for a round in our LBSh's. Not easy, but doable. Sorry to see any player leave, especially with 1.3 on the horizon. GA in particular suffers from the MM, and WG isn't even sure if their own answers mean 2 or 3 tiers are preferred. Cloudy Skies (as might befit hiding a bomber). Wulf

Zigfreid #6 Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 37402 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Hi ya OPIE missed you in the ILS family you always carried your weight and then some take a break , hope you come back o7

dawson112299 #7 Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 7599 battles

I don't know why WG decided it was a good Idea to make it easier for LFs and HFs to kill GTs in 1.2 it really made very little sense.    My idea would be to decrease the damage done by LFs/HFs at the start of the battle , then after head quarters is destroyed and the closer to the end of the match IE less enemy planes the damage caused to GTs could gradually increase for LFs/HFs.   I think this would keep most of the LFs and HFs in the skies shooting planes longer , and only towards the end would they have a significant impact on GTs when needed.

It is pretty frustrating even for the guys like me who fly LFs and HFs more than GAs to have those few on the team that decided scince they have a bomb they are going right to HQ only to be met by 6-8 enemy fighters.   Also when I do fly the GA I have some yayhoo in a heavy that drops comes soring in from 8,000 ft and drops 2 bombs on the target that I am over top of.

Ophelia I hope you reconsider and come back to play, but if not you will be missed.    <o

Cpt_ZigZag #8 Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2774 battles
  • [TEE] TEE
IMO changes will be made, maybe in your favor in time.  I wondered where you have been.  Good luck in future endeavors./

Pack your own chute. 

WEBEUS #9 Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2488 battles
Can't blame you for leaving. It's not so much how the game plays for me, but the fact that the population isn't getting any larger. Best of luck to you.

broslicer #10 Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 9894 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

EZ.

Chuck_norris10 #11 Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22834 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

Sorry to see you go.

I find with every patch you have to relearn some planes,that being said I still fly mainly GA'S and still use them to kill fighters and with good results.

All my aces came from GA kills on fighters.

The game changes,you change and adapt to it. I found myself flying GA's more after the last few mission specials when ground targets were worth a bonus and I learned that most are a lot more effective at taking out fighters then anything other then heavy fighters.

For me ground targets are a bonus in a GA plane and I rarely fly a tsh-2 or 3 with the thought of going after ground targets,those planes are shredders and kill anything in the way very quickly.

Anyways,good luck and as my old heli pilot would say...."fly fast,fly safe,be cool":cool:

DESRON3 #12 Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:44 PM

Master Sergeant

• 59 battles

I knew you once before a few months ago, I enjoyed playing and having you on my side, heck even playing against you was great.

You flew with honor grace and dignity. Now that I am coming back you are leaving. I will miss you. I hope you take a break and come back in a month or so.

My break has been good for me but heck trying to get back into the swing of the game.

Wings_ #13 Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 14849 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
I hate to see the OP go but I understand the frustration at times.  In this game I have found out that you have to adapt sometimes as things change.  For example in the last update a lot of the planes got stronger except for my beloved Zero.  Now it can't even kill a Blenheim plane because its rear gun kills me before I can kill it.  I am starting to try different planes and having some success and fun again.

oldiowaguy #14 Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15691 battles
Hate to see you go, Ophelia! Best of luck to you! Maybe see you in Tanks!

Fuzzybrainlizard #15 Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7317 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN
I was wondering what happened.  You were a class player.  Hope you change your mind, Ophelia.

raulv04 #16 Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18109 battles

I'm sorry to see you go, Ophelia. The GA family is getting shorter and shorter, but as Chuck says, with every patch you have to relearn your planes and this week I'm stil trying to complete the ground attack mission (only 148 targets left). Yesterday, I took my IL-2 (mod) and IL-2 (t) to the skies for approximately five hours straight and saw everything: from those fighters trying to destroy HQ to fighters attacking a GT and then crashing :facepalm: because they have no idea on how to attack ground targets. What dawson says is very true; I saw this time after time yesterday. Once I was heading to HQ in the National Park just to see an HF bombing he enemy HQ and instead of covering me after he destroyed the enemy HQ, because I had a horde of fighters against me, he just left. Under heavy fire of five aircraft, I still managed to destroy the four AA surrounding the headquarters. I also saw an La-5 in a level VI battle going for the ships in the Bay, and decided to mow the lawn in a nearby mountain :veryhappy::facepalm:. I even had a teammate in the Fortress telling me not to kill GT's! (I was piloting my IL-2 (t)) :facepalm:, Of course I didn't pay any attention to that poor little person with no idea of tactics.

But also, there were some bright moments, Ophelia. In my IL2 (mod) in the Bay, I got the win for my team just by blasting almost all the targets, which was particularly difficult in the IL2 (mod). I also got a third thunder medal, so everything's not lost. Actually, the IL-10 got nerfed because most of their pilots think it's a heavy fighter and start attacking aircraft instead of going for GT's :facepalm: in detriment of their team (forgetting about ground targets and being a sitting duck in the air). Actually, the roll rate was lowered. So maybe it's as Chuck says, you gotta relearn your aircraft with every patch. I had to relearn my BF110-C6 (it was nerfed a little on boost and maneuverability, at least in my perception) and now got some aces with it.

I really hope to see you again looping that TSh-3 :ohmy: and godspeed!

Edited by raulv04, 21 April 2014 - 02:11 PM.

Noreaga #17 Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:23 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8732 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
good luck out there come back in a few months and try the game again, i know ive quit multiple times and come back. Despite the doomsayers, the will likely be in for a long time come back when you are curious again!

Nimis obnoxii curare

Dreamer_Z #18 Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 37027 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

My 1st post.  Was fun and farewell.

aka  KrispyKreme_, Gogo_ .

honorabili #19 Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16191 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
It's always sad to see a very frequent player leave a game with a small player base. o7

11thACRColdsteel #20 Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2950 battles
  • [11_TH] 11_TH

I certainly hope at some point you reconsider.  You have been a such a great part of the community.   I know breaks from the game are sometimes good.  I suggest maybe you come back into the game in about 2 months and give it a try.   I took two months off from WOT at one point, and when I came back I was a much better player actually and had a new perspective.

Whatever you decide, thanks for the time you spent as part of our community, and I wish you the very best.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users