Patch 1.3: Stop nerfing the GAs

patch 1.3 ga nerf

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

SeamusMacMattain #21 Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4412 battles

View Postpappabear, on 13 April 2014 - 08:16 PM, said:

LOL Because we gave up posting about IL's needing some love from WGing.

long ago.....

\m/ o.O \m/

DJChrisRock #22 Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:53 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2648 battles
  • [ROHAN] ROHAN

View PostSeamusMacMattain, on 12 April 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

OP is equal to overpowered... to be overpowered you need the right mix of firepower, airspeed, maneuverability and armor... GA only have half of that, firepower and armor. How many people do you see chasing GA... they crash, get bombed, rear gunner'd and whatnot, it isn't the plane that is OP, it is the enemies UP (underpowered) skillset that makes people who don't fly the ILs as much to assume they are overpowered. What they are is slow moving giant HP pools for you to get a lot of damage on thus increasing your xp and credit gains.

soapbox time is over even though I have many more things to say on this subject... have a nice day all

Not to mention GAs get a lot of grief for going off on their own, or staying with the group, or requesting fighter cover, or only attacking ground targets, or attacking enemy planes.  Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining.  I love flying my GAs and just blow off dumb comments in the chat box.  I suppose it's easy for the bottom seven pilots that barely scored any damage and all died quick in a battle to look at the GAs towards the top of the after battle report and think we must have some super planes.  What we have are some great pilots flying some challenging planes doing lots of damage.  Please WG don't make our job any harder Lol

o7

Edited by DJChrisRock, 14 April 2014 - 04:54 AM.

"Go in close, and then when you think you are too close, go on in closer."
Major Thomas B. "Tommy" McGuire, USAAF - Second Leading U.S. Ace, WW-II

Cruiser_Katori #23 Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:23 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 328 battles
  • [KNTAI] KNTAI

View Postpappabear, on 14 April 2014 - 04:16 AM, said:

LOL Because we gave up posting about IL's needing some love from WGing.

And in my case, even bothering with WoWP. My SFL V needs me, as does my IL-2 in That Other Game.

Save the Skywhales (that includes the Skorcas)!!!

Less RNG, More skill: Revert to 4.1 TODAY!!!

Carl_the_Cuttlefish #24 Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3930 battles

View PostDJChrisRock, on 14 April 2014 - 05:53 AM, said:

Not to mention GAs get a lot of grief for going off on their own, or staying with the group, or requesting fighter cover, or only attacking ground targets, or attacking enemy planes.  Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining.  I love flying my GAs and just blow off dumb comments in the chat box.  I suppose it's easy for the bottom seven pilots that barely scored any damage and all died quick in a battle to look at the GAs towards the top of the after battle report and think we must have some super planes.  What we have are some great pilots flying some challenging planes doing lots of damage.  Please WG don't make our job any harder Lol

o7

View Postcmmdrsigma1, on 14 April 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

And in my case, even bothering with WoWP. My SFL V needs me, as does my IL-2 in That Other Game.

They are good pilots because I routinely see them up in the highest of team scores, but there are really good fighter and HF pilots too. With the update allowing fighters to bomb without empty rack penalties, GA's may need a slight boost to keep them competitive with the rest.

And please keep playing WOWP! I'll give you a cookie if you do.

"It's about to get real inky in here!!!"

- Carl the Cuttlefish, the artist formerly known as S01836775, now in an all new user friendly format.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm whining in my posts 

And why do we balance???

SeamusMacMattain #25 Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4412 battles
yea, that change is going to effect GA, but mainly because the guys who equip them will simply have an easier time targeting us slow guys

\m/ o.O \m/

Angadan #26 Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3718 battles

View PostS01836775, on 12 April 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

I don't know if you've noticed, but GA's are consistently the highest scoring planes on the Team score ranking tabs. The Ilyushin line is also the most played line in the game. So, I would say they were OP. I'm fine with them being nerfed a little.

I don't think you reach any valid conclusions just looking at the results within a single battle.  Because, as others have pointed out, you completely ignore the single most important variable:  skill of the pilots.

Far better to compare results in different aircraft by the same pilots.  If 50 pilots reported their personal results in GAs vs Fighters, we might be able to look for meaningful trends.  And to control another key variable, probably be best to divide the pilots into two groups:  those who fight their GAs sort of like fighters, primarily engaging in air combat, and those who use the GAs primarily to go after a supremacy win by taking out ground targets.  (separate those out because I suspect they'd have significantly different results)

As an example:  I have 14 aircraft that I've flown 40 or more missions with:  9 are fighters, 1 is an HF, and 4 are GAs.  Ignoring the HF for now, here are how my numbers average out:

___Fighters___    ___GAs___

Average XP Per Mission:               302                     323

That's a roughly 7% difference in favor of the GAs.  Not a huge amount, but it does favor GAs.  [Note:  I go after primarly ground targets when I fly a GA, leave the air combat to my F/HF teammates]

As for the ILs being the most-played aircraft in the game, that's a deceiving statistic.  See, if every player just wants to try all aspects of the game, they'll choose a favorite fighter, a favorite HF, and a favorite GA.  Hold on, wait, there's only one line of GAs.  So everyone picks the same line.  So if you disperse the 'votes' for fighters out among eight or nine different lines, and disperse the HF 'votes' among two or three lines, but restrict the GA 'votes' to a single line...well, the GA line will always win even if it's not nearly as popular as several other aircraft.  See the logical flaw?

View PostS01836775, on 13 April 2014 - 09:54 PM, said:

GA pilots in the game don't complain about being under powered. Just sayin...

Actually, they do.  Quite frequently, it seems, based purely on my looking at the forums over the past couple of weeks.  There are at least a few different threads out right now that go to some aspect of this complaint.

l'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace!

Go Vols!

Heh #27 Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:49 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostS01836775, on 14 April 2014 - 03:54 AM, said:

GA pilots in the game don't complain about being under powered. Just sayin...

The issue was discussed for so long that people simply decided to just forget about sky whales and reroll P-51 or HF. Biologist brother Heh knows. He knows many things about aeromarine life. He ain't wrong in his accounts about the sky whales.

Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

Cruiser_Katori #28 Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 328 battles
  • [KNTAI] KNTAI

View PostS01836775, on 14 April 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

And please keep playing WOWP! I'll give you a cookie if you do.

No thanks, the last time I did that I had to get dental work done because of all the tooth grinding I ended up doing. Come to The Dark Side The Other Game, we have guns that hit where you aim, and even bigger Skywhales (just not as much variety)! :trollface:

Save the Skywhales (that includes the Skorcas)!!!

Less RNG, More skill: Revert to 4.1 TODAY!!!

Lego1157 #29 Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6376 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
They are a little op but only because if one team has them and the other team does not, then the team with the GA will almost definitely  win as long as the GA pilot knows what they are doing.  This means that 1 plane can determine the outcome of the game. This is the same thing people have been complaining about with the Me 262s. Whoever has the most on their team wins.
Lego1157 salutes you! u[-_-]

Niblets #30 Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4115 battles

View PostLego1157, on 22 April 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

They are a little op but only because if one team has them and the other team does not, then the team with the GA will almost definitely  win as long as the GA pilot knows what they are doing.  This means that 1 plane can determine the outcome of the game. This is the same thing people have been complaining about with the Me 262s. Whoever has the most on their team wins.

That seems more like a MM problem than an op plane.

Carl_the_Cuttlefish #31 Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3930 battles
All I have to say is look at the number of arties in WOT compared to the number of GA's in WOWP. There's 5 lines of arties in WOT and one line of GA's in WOWP. Heck, there's routinely been more GA's than HF's in tier VI and V battles.

"It's about to get real inky in here!!!"

- Carl the Cuttlefish, the artist formerly known as S01836775, now in an all new user friendly format.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm whining in my posts 

And why do we balance???

Heh #32 Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostS01836775, on 22 April 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

All I have to say is look at the number of arties in WOT compared to the number of GA's in WOWP. There's 5 lines of arties in WOT and one line of GA's in WOWP. Heck, there's routinely been more GA's than HF's in tier VI and V battles.

It's very simple to explain. The typical scrub nowadays can't do basic tasks, and even if he does, he fails to go even an inch past that. Due to how seemingly complex a flight game is compared to a shooter like WoT, the scrubs are scared of the thought of shooting down an air target most of the time. To top that off, ping and especially packet loss heavily influence your control over the aircraft, which unlike WoT is a literal death sentence in WoWP since not being able to fine-tune means that you won't kill.

So then the sky whale appears. When the scrub looks at it, they think it's the best plane for newcomers. The tailgun would apparently save them from their lack of basic evasive maneuvers, the armor would apparently help them survive against enemy fire, and it's apparently easy to control since it's nearly 2D gameplay in one. Scrubs will naturally choose the easiest class to pick up on, hence why every single damn newbie is being told to use the KV-1 as an intro to the game by the more experienced players (or more experienced scrubs). They see the sky whale, and think it's gonna be all easy from here.

However, you, I, and very much every single sky whale rider can agree that a sky whale is NOT noob-friendly. Evading a dive attack (which every single player and their dog is capable of doing against a sky whale) is literally a death sentence you can't avoid unless you know how to bomb aircraft, and that's not common knowledge, having tailed quite a few sky whales back in the day. So the sky whale is forced into a state of hopelessness unless the rider is truly competent enough to make non-agile things work. Let's not mention the godawful accuracy. Ugh, why the hell did WG even do this?

What can we conclude? It's very much normal to see a good number of sky whales. They are the most attractive things in the sky for scrub eyes, and it's only when the player actually tries being good in a fighter that the sky whale shows its true constraints.

Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

Lego1157 #33 Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:09 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6376 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostNiblets, on 22 April 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

That seems more like a MM problem than an op plane.

That's a good point.

Lego1157 salutes you! u[-_-]

Donnchadh #34 Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:43 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10420 battles
  • [ACES_] ACES_

View PostS01836775, on 12 April 2014 - 07:00 AM, said:

I don't know if you've noticed, but GA's are consistently the highest scoring planes on the Team score ranking tabs. The Ilyushin line is also the most played line in the game. So, I would say they were OP. I'm fine with them being nerfed a little.

Hmmmm.... doesn't look like that OP on Noobmeter http://planes.noobmeter.com/tankStats/na . Also, don't forget it takes an awful lot of pounding to upgrade GA to their supposedly OP status. Until then, most people are losing, badly. 

Donnchadh.png

Lurrp1 #35 Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

Master Sergeant

• 5326 battles

LOL I don't know about being nerfed but Ihave fun flying them as well as the fighters and Hvy's, I am not that great of a pilot but truly enjoy blowing stuff up includint the enemy planes with a rocket or bomb,  It seems no matter what I fly I get at least one or two kills then will either get killed or simply crash lol.

Also tagged with patch 1.3, ga, nerf

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users