Patch 1.3: Stop nerfing the GAs

patch 1.3 ga nerf

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

theponja #1 Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:10 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20033 battles

I'm reading the changes for the 1.3 patch in the past the GAs have been striped of maneuverability because the complain of fighters pilots the remain advantage of GAs is the high HP count and the damage done to GT targets. The damage caused for bombs was reduced too.

"Il-10: increased accuracy for 7.62mm ShKAS (1941) machine guns and 23mm VYa-23 cannons, reduced accuracy for 23mm NS-23 cannons, reduced roll rate"

Now you're reducing the roll rate for the only GA remanent in a good maneuverability the IL-10 and increasing the HP for nearly every fighter in the game. so you're reducing the GA advantage. Why don't drop the whole GA line ?  Seems WG wants everyone fly just fighters.  

GearzMan #2 Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2333 battles

Just noticed this: "The impact of bombing and rocket outboard weaponry on aircraft perfomance characteristics was reduced. Empty bomb carriers/rocket launchers have no effect on the perfomance now"

So that's a plus, I guess :great:

SeamusMacMattain #3 Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4412 battles

View PostGearzMan, on 12 April 2014 - 05:03 AM, said:

Just noticed this: "The impact of bombing and rocket outboard weaponry on aircraft perfomance characteristics was reduced. Empty bomb carriers/rocket launchers have no effect on the perfomance now"

that is how it was during testing before they decided to start "balancing"

\m/ o.O \m/

Heh #4 Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:40 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Just admit that WG hates whales. Why do they hate the cutest behemoths on Earth?
Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

Carl_the_Cuttlefish #5 Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3930 battles
I don't know if you've noticed, but GA's are consistently the highest scoring planes on the Team score ranking tabs. The Ilyushin line is also the most played line in the game. So, I would say they were OP. I'm fine with them being nerfed a little.

"It's about to get real inky in here!!!"

- Carl the Cuttlefish, the artist formerly known as S01836775, now in an all new user friendly format.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm whining in my posts 

And why do we balance???

theponja #6 Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20033 battles

View PostGearzMan, on 12 April 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:

The most important mission for a GA is blow away the AA gun and the HQ , for that you need the bombs and rockets, if you're without them is for the middle battle in the best of the cases so maybe it's an advantage for scape in the last part of the game not when I need it.

theponja #7 Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20033 battles

View PostS01836775, on 12 April 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

I don't know if you've noticed, but GA's are consistently the highest scoring planes on the Team score ranking tabs. The Ilyushin line is also the most played line in the game. So, I would say they were OP. I'm fine with them being nerfed a little.

I've flied more than 700 of my battles with GAs and I disagree.  In every battle the GAs are few than the fighters. If you like see here the official post about which planes are more used see here:

http://blog.worldofw...-our-newcomers/

No one GAs get the first or second spot.

Edited by theponja, 12 April 2014 - 02:11 PM.

NathanFlightLeader #8 Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:10 PM

Flying Kiwi

• Community Ace
  • 1549 battles

View PostS01836775, on 13 April 2014 - 02:00 AM, said:

They aren't OP. We are just too good!!! Lol.

They were OP during Beta but they aren't anymore.

"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed."
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" And "Oh S...!"
"Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight."
Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

pappabear #9 Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:06 PM

Community Noob

• Community Ace
  • 4937 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS

View PostS01836775, on 12 April 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

LOL You have to be joking. Your fine with them being nurfed due to the fact you don't play them.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Cruiser_Katori #10 Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 328 battles
  • [KNTAI] KNTAI

View PostS01836775, on 12 April 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

AAAAAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAA......hahaaaaa........ You WERE joking..... Right? Seriously, Skywhales need all the help they can get now.

Save the Skywhales (that includes the Skorcas)!!!

Less RNG, More skill: Revert to 4.1 TODAY!!!

Carl_the_Cuttlefish #11 Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3930 battles

View Postpappabear, on 12 April 2014 - 04:06 PM, said:

LOL You have to be joking. Your fine with them being nurfed due to the fact you don't play them.

View Posttheponja, on 12 April 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

I've flied more than 700 of my battles with GAs and I disagree.  In every battle the GAs are few than the fighters. If you like see here the official post about which planes are more used see here:

http://blog.worldofw...-our-newcomers/

No one GAs get the first or second spot.

No, I have an Il-2. I can do fairly good in it. Really, look at the team score and see where GA's place. Quite often, a few of them are in the top 5. I'm just sayin that GA numbers are equivilent to HF numbers when there was only the German line in beta.

And the nerf's aren't that drastic. Before they did the accuracy nerf in beta, GA's were ridiculously OP. I could consistently get 3/4 plane kills in my Tsh 3 per game. All their doing is making them more GA'ish and less HF'ish, which I'm ok with.

- Carl the Cuttlefish, the artist formerly known as S01836775, now in an all new user friendly format.

And why do we balance???

BrushWolf #12 Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:02 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10781 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
One issue I have with any nerf that isn't well thought out is the effect of the nerf hits the top players much less than the middle and bottom players which are the majority of players. They tend to widen the skill gap instead of leveling the playing field.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

pappabear #13 Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:19 PM

Community Noob

• Community Ace
  • 4937 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS

View PostS01836775, on 12 April 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

No, I have an Il-2. I can do fairly good in it. Really, look at the team score and see where GA's place. Quite often, a few of them are in the top 5. I'm just sayin that GA numbers are equivilent to HF numbers when there was only the German line in beta.

And the nerf's aren't that drastic. Before they did the accuracy nerf in beta, GA's were ridiculously OP. I could consistently get 3/4 plane kills in my Tsh 3 per game. All their doing is making them more GA'ish and less HF'ish, which I'm ok with.

The Tsh-3 is a lower tier plane and your flying most of the time against less experienced players. You have 27 battles in the IL-2 since the game went live. Play another 150 to 200 game in the IL line then come back and tell me they need nerfed and I'll be willing to listen.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I've played the line since closed beta even with all the nerfs WGing has done to the line. WGing in their fine wisdom made it easier for fighters to attack and kill Gt's now, so the GA's get even less cover. So if WGing decides to nurf the IL's anymore whats the scene of having them in a battle when heavy's and fighters can do the job.

SeamusMacMattain #14 Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4412 battles

so, the only ILs in the line that I haven't run are the IL40p and the IL2(m)

I am usually at the top of the list in the after action report, yes, that is true, but not because my plane is OP, but because usually I can get my primary job done, which happens to be destroying the enemy ground assets. After that, I tend to try to fight planes UNLESS we are doing well, I will continue prounding (ground pounding)

If I have to disappear, I will, if I have to sacrifice myself for the win, I will.

OP is equal to overpowered... to be overpowered you need the right mix of firepower, airspeed, maneuverability and armor... GA only have half of that, firepower and armor. How many people do you see chasing GA... they crash, get bombed, rear gunner'd and whatnot, it isn't the plane that is OP, it is the enemies UP (underpowered) skillset that makes people who don't fly the ILs as much to assume they are overpowered. What they are is slow moving giant HP pools for you to get a lot of damage on thus increasing your xp and credit gains.

soapbox time is over even though I have many more things to say on this subject... have a nice day all

\m/ o.O \m/

Carl_the_Cuttlefish #15 Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3930 battles

View PostSeamusMacMattain, on 12 April 2014 - 07:34 PM, said:

so, the only ILs in the line that I haven't run are the IL40p and the IL2(m)

I am usually at the top of the list in the after action report, yes, that is true, but not because my plane is OP, but because usually I can get my primary job done, which happens to be destroying the enemy ground assets. After that, I tend to try to fight planes UNLESS we are doing well, I will continue prounding (ground pounding)

If I have to disappear, I will, if I have to sacrifice myself for the win, I will.

OP is equal to overpowered... to be overpowered you need the right mix of firepower, airspeed, maneuverability and armor... GA only have half of that, firepower and armor. How many people do you see chasing GA... they crash, get bombed, rear gunner'd and whatnot, it isn't the plane that is OP, it is the enemies UP (underpowered) skillset that makes people who don't fly the ILs as much to assume they are overpowered. What they are is slow moving giant HP pools for you to get a lot of damage on thus increasing your xp and credit gains.

soapbox time is over even though I have many more things to say on this subject... have a nice day all

Yea, that describes it pretty well.

? Maybe they will come back and buff some of them next patch, I don't know.

Maybe it was for line integrity, to make the Il-10 more comparable to the Il-8.

And why do we balance???

Heh #16 Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostS01836775, on 12 April 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

Then why is it that the sky whales, aside from the lower tier premiums and the IL-10 (which are flown usually by brilliant sky whale riders), usually are at the bottom in terms of OP rating? I really mean severely at the bottom though, as in, from worst to 3rd worst aside from the IL-40P, which is a tier 10 and so is flown by those brave enough to really tolerate the grind and doesn't face any planes higher tier than it.

And if they're the highest scoring planes frequently, then why the hell is everyone obsessed with the German HFs and the Murican P-51s, but none of them mention a sky whale to club with aside from the almighty Pegas for rocketeer farming? No, it's not the amount of noobs in them. On the contrary, the noobs would go to the HFs and P-51s more than the sky whales, plus they wouldn't progress that far into the line to the point of tarnishing the IL-20's OP rating.

Some things just don't add up here.

Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

SeamusMacMattain #17 Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4412 battles

so it seems that I have found an analogy which describes how most of us feel about how WG treats the different classes of planes....

Heavy Fighter... if it is good for the HF, it is good for everyone.

Light Fighter... If it is good for the LF, the HF can easily overcome it and the Ground Attack Planes WILL deal with it

Ground Attack Aircraft... if it is good for GAA... IT WILL NOT BE ADDED INTO GAME... if already in game, IT WILL BE REMOVED

\m/ o.O \m/

AmericanKestrel #18 Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 21021 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

View Postpappabear, on 12 April 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

The Tsh-3 is a lower tier plane and your flying most of the time against less experienced players. You have 27 battles in the IL-2 since the game went live. Play another 150 to 200 game in the IL line then come back and tell me they need nerfed and I'll be willing to listen.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I've played the line since closed beta even with all the nerfs WGing has done to the line. WGing in their fine wisdom made it easier for fighters to attack and kill Gt's now, so the GA's get even less cover. So if WGing decides to nurf the IL's anymore whats the scene of having them in a battle when heavy's and fighters can do the job.

If they are going to nerf the GA's on the bombs & rockets then they should at give us the ability to have armour piercing ammo for the tail gunners....

Carl_the_Cuttlefish #19 Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3930 battles

GA pilots in the game don't complain about being under powered. Just sayin...

And why do we balance???

pappabear #20 Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:16 AM

Community Noob

• Community Ace
  • 4937 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS

View PostS01836775, on 13 April 2014 - 10:54 PM, said:

GA pilots in the game don't complain about being under powered. Just sayin...

LOL Because we gave up posting about IL's needing some love from WGing.

Also tagged with patch 1.3, ga, nerf

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users