German plane quality

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Krvnk #1 Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:50 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
I'm bit leery of buying german stuff cause the game for good reason or not always gimps german. Are there any guarantees american and russian planes arent going to come out with lasers and stuff cause I just want a good game as germans. Not a get justified lets get even session by loyal russian programmers. Look at wot E100 huge stand out boxy tank against tanks that have low profile and bigger guns. Jagtiger anyone against IS 3? I just want some consideration for gold spent in game that things will warrant getting german stuff. I know I may be wrong in saying this but as an experienced wot tank player I'm not gonna grind german line for a year then have an american plane one shot me. You know what I mean? Tell me something even if its a lie.

K538 #2 Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 7 battles
  • [RCAF] RCAF

All of the nations have their pros and cons.  There are no guarantees, but I doubt that there's going to be a nerf of an entire nation's line of aircraft. It doesn't seem necessary.

If you take a look here, you'll see a pretty decent spread of aircraft: http://planes.noobmeter.com/tankStats/na

This isn't tanks.  Anybody can take you out easily if they outplay you.  You can kill at tier 5 plane pretty easily in a tier 3, it just take a bit longer -- bullets don't bounce off of airplanes. There are a few particular factors that can be somewhat dominant, particularly altitude and firepower, but these are the specific areas that German planes are strongest.  That said, don't expect to dominate just because you chose that line.  I'd play them all and get a feel for what you like and don't like.

A well played Zero or Yak can still kill a Me 262 or Fw 190 without too much trouble if the pilots don't play smart.

The is a signature.

DerRittmeister #3 Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:10 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [8PANZ] 8PANZ

Unless your a badazz flyer and/ or in a flight ( like a WoT 'toon ) , it won't matter what your flying. 'cause once you get uptier  the "hardcore"  WoWPers  will " take your lunch money " .

HZero #4 Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 789 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Unlike tanks, its the USSR planes that are a bit under performing and the German ones that are OP.  You may still get shot down by American planes though, since that is an excellent line as well.

Check that link Captain threw down, it pretty much tells it like it is.

Dreaming of better days.  When this game had full matches, fiery dogfights, and hope for the future.

11thACRColdsteel #5 Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [11_TH] 11_TH
I'm nodding my head because what you say is a good point.  They still seem to be making the Germans pay for WWII....LOL.  But I can say this - I bought into the bf-109 line tiers 4 - 6 and I really like the 109's a lot.  There is a 109 training video that WG recently posted on their newspage, and that video is very good.  If you haven't already, you may want to look that video over...

Heh #6 Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:21 AM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

You know, German HFs are very well on the top of the food chain without question. The 190s are also on top of the food chain should you have good awareness. The 262 is even considered THE sealclubbing plane of the game.

Actually, the key sealclubbers are German 190s, HFs, and the P-51s. Don't tell me that this game is biased towards Russians, otherwise you'll sound like an idiot. Russian planes had problems competing since the altitude bands.

Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

An_Average_Jho #7 Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

Helvetic Polyglot

• Alpha tester
  • 57 battles
  • [WWPD] WWPD

Stats from Alpha test:

German Bias!!! 11 out of the 20 planes on this chart are German, 6 are US planes and only 3 are Russian.

German planes are currently neck-to-neck with American planes for the best vehicles in the game. German planes have always been in a strong position in the game. 

Everything tastes better if it tries to eat you before you eat it

I named my airplane Iosef because it kept on Stalin

"Quod natura non dat, Salmantica non præstat"

Mercsn #8 Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2910 battles

So, I just typed a really detailed, nice post and the stupid, terrible, bad, awful, evil IP.board forum software ate it.  Neither firefox or IE11 is working properly with the new forum software settings...they changed a few things in the last couple days.

In this game, germans are strong, unlike in wot.  The russian bias does not show up in this game, and pretty much hasn't in the year I've been involved in it.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Wesrin #9 Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 304 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Though there still need to be tweaks made here and there (a part of the 'balancing act' in any competitive game), for the most part each nation is viable and strong in their own right.

German aircraft, while certainly holding a top-spot in the heavy line at Tier VIII in the 262, are not omnipotent; the 109 series is an excellent fighter series that transitions from traditional 'boom and zoom' to more turn-and-burn fighting styles as you tier up. The Gustav is, so far, my favorite of the 109 series.

Fly me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!

Heh #10 Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostMercsn, on 10 April 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

The russian bias does not show up in this game, and pretty much hasn't in the year I've been involved in it.

The La-9 was stupid OP when I joined CBT and the La-5 was somewhat too good for a while. Aside from that, I don't think Russians really had an OP period.

Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

An_Average_Jho #11 Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

Helvetic Polyglot

• Alpha tester
  • 57 battles
  • [WWPD] WWPD

View PostHeh, on 10 April 2014 - 09:23 PM, said:

The La-9 was stupid OP when I joined CBT and the La-5 was somewhat too good for a while. Aside from that, I don't think Russians really had an OP period.

The F2G was just as OP as the La-9, and for a longer period of time. 

SkywhaleExpress #12 Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Guys , we cant post information from the Alpha or Closed Beta, except from after update 4.1!

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

An_Average_Jho #13 Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:11 PM

Helvetic Polyglot

• Alpha tester
  • 57 battles
  • [WWPD] WWPD

View PostRocketSpammer1, on 10 April 2014 - 10:10 PM, said:

Guys , we cant post information from the Alpha or Closed Beta, except from after update 4.1!

The win rate stats come from Overlord, the guy who used to be a dev for WoWp but now works with WoT: Blitz. Check his blog: http://overlord-wot.blogspot.ca/2012/08/wowp-german-bias.html

The La-9 and F2G thing, while I'm not 100% sure, happened during and after the NDA was removed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users