Lets talk about the FW line tiers V through X!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Carl_the_Cuttlefish #1 Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20 battles
Ok, so I think this is my new favorite line! So far, I've played the 190 V and the 190 A5. I liked the 190 V a lot. How do you like these planes in this line? What's your favorite way to fly them? How are they different from other planes?

"It's about to get real inky in here!!!"

- Carl the Cuttlefish, the artist formerly known as S01836775, now in an all new user friendly format.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm whining in my posts 

And why do we balance???

Wing_Commander_Zero #2 Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS
Hate the 190 V t5 but i love the t6 190 A-5. It made me love the line actually. I'm thinking of going down this line till t10 just because of the A-5

SkywhaleExpress #3 Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:07 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostWing_Commander_Zero, on 08 April 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

Hate the 190 V t5 but i love the t6 190 A-5. It made me love the line actually. I'm thinking of going down this line till t10 just because of the A-5

Everbody such hatahz.. My Fw190 ground pounder is quite awesome at tier 5. It's got good guns in heavy configuration and sleek performance in either light or heavy.

People just forget that of the 190 line, the V has the worst of the pitching lmitations. But then, all the 190's have yaw/roll superiority, and lacking in pitch.

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

ubeahurtin #4 Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:11 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

Somewhere in these forums, Binestar has a neat video of his FW. I believe the video I saw was the 190V. Check it out. Maybe it was on Youtube...can't recall.

My impression of the 190V is all I can provide. It seems to be a one-trick pony, but I must chalk that up to my inexperience mainly. It's fast, has hard hitting guns, and can take a fairly high deal of damage. If you try to turn or go vertical when within enemy gun range, you're toast. I try to plow straight through with guns on target, speed past my enemy if I don't kill him on first pass, get outside his gun range and then turn around for another pass. It seems important to use the vertical to keep up your energy/speed and not lose momentum, and try to have a full tank of boost so you can use it to increase your speed away from gun range. It's small profile makes it a difficult target to hit if you give it a bit of wiggle as you speed enemy past gun range. Don't fly it in a completely straight line on exit. Due to these tactics, it's important to plan your attack and exit so that you don't find yourself in the middle of a pack of enemy, but that advice seems to fit most situations anyway.

The thing that seems to make them different is that they are not a true BnZ as in the 109 or P-51 category, but sure as heck are not a TnB either. Heavy hitting guns and speed is what makes them different imo. 

MagusGerhardt #5 Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:00 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

The Focke-Wulf line (All of them from tier V onwards) are dependent upon good teamwork.

This means get yourself a wingman, dogfight in the horizontal boom and zoom style pioneered by this line of aircraft and Thach-weave with your wingman to keep each other's tails clear.

I have not sold a single one of the Fw line I have researched and I am working on unlocking the Ta.183 Huckebein right now at a leisurely pace.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Kiwiav8r #6 Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:09 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 608 battles
  • [ACES_] ACES_
I love the A5, it's just a bunch of guns with wings.  You can one pass kill almost anything if they don't see you coming.  I have not yet fully upgraded the Dora yet, but a note to would be owners of the Fw line, upgrade your engines first because speed is your main defense against other fighters if you are not flighted.

"Credibility down, Kill Ratio up!" - Joe 'Hoser' Satrapa

Aces (pre v1.9):  Bulldog, A4N, Hawk III, F2A-1, I-16(e), Skua, Ar68, A6M1, P-36, XF4F-3, Bf-109B, Bf-110B, Bf-110 C6, Blenheim, Bf-109E, Bf-110E, P-40, P-40 M105, XFL-1, Spitfire I, M.20, Beaufighter, IL-2 (mod), XF4U-1, Mosquito, P-51A, Yak-7, Yak-1M, Bf-109F, La-5, Spitfire V, Me-410, F4U-1, Fw-190 A5, Yak-9, XP-50, P-39Q-15, Mustang Mk 1, P-38J, P-51D, Yak-9U, Bf-109G, La-7, Spitfire IX, A7M, Fw-190D, F7F, Yak-15, Me-262

HZero #7 Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 2 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Halfway through the 190 V and loving it so far.  I'm kinda kicking myself for not working on it as soon as it came out, really enjoyable to play.  I also agree that having a wingman helps, the V at least is not quite fast enough to shake some planes, and so it helps to have a dependable person to clear your tail  

Dreaming of better days.  When this game had full matches, fiery dogfights, and hope for the future.

pyantoryng #8 Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:46 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2236 battles

ROLL LIKE MAD!

Really, just shoot stuff and roll to evade...and the V is best left in the scraps - MG FF sucks.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Heh #9 Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:37 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 09 April 2014 - 05:46 AM, said:

ROLL LIKE MAD!

Really, just shoot stuff and roll to evade...and the V is best left in the scraps - MG FF sucks.

If one can't barrel roll, then one shouldn't touch the 190.

Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

Carl_the_Cuttlefish #10 Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20 battles

View Postubeahurtin, on 09 April 2014 - 01:11 AM, said:

Somewhere in these forums, Binestar has a neat video of his FW. I believe the video I saw was the 190V. Check it out. Maybe it was on Youtube...can't recall.

My impression of the 190V is all I can provide. It seems to be a one-trick pony, but I must chalk that up to my inexperience mainly. It's fast, has hard hitting guns, and can take a fairly high deal of damage. If you try to turn or go vertical when within enemy gun range, you're toast. I try to plow straight through with guns on target, speed past my enemy if I don't kill him on first pass, get outside his gun range and then turn around for another pass. It seems important to use the vertical to keep up your energy/speed and not lose momentum, and try to have a full tank of boost so you can use it to increase your speed away from gun range. It's small profile makes it a difficult target to hit if you give it a bit of wiggle as you speed enemy past gun range. Don't fly it in a completely straight line on exit. Due to these tactics, it's important to plan your attack and exit so that you don't find yourself in the middle of a pack of enemy, but that advice seems to fit most situations anyway.

The thing that seems to make them different is that they are not a true BnZ as in the 109 or P-51 category, but sure as heck are not a TnB either. Heavy hitting guns and speed is what makes them different imo. 

For 200 battles, you wrote that like an Ace. That's the exact same advice I would have given for that plane. Good job!!!

Rumor from the chat bar has it that the A-5 is an improvement from the V and the D is an improvement from the A-5. Is that what you think? The Ta 152, the plane that I have the biggest crush on, doesn't get as high of reviews. Why not? It's by far the sexiest plane on the game!!!

- Carl the Cuttlefish, the artist formerly known as S01836775, now in an all new user friendly format.

And why do we balance???

pyantoryng #11 Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2236 battles

The A-5 can mount four MG 151/20 and a pair of 13.2mm machine guns at maximum loadout. The loss of mobility does not even matter, because it still roll at a good rate to get away. It vaporizes stuff quickly and roll away then re-engage.

...my pilot is a little busy to use the Fw 190D though.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Heh #12 Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 10 April 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

The A-5 can mount four MG 151/20 and a pair of 13.2mm machine guns at maximum loadout. The loss of mobility does not even matter, because it still roll at a good rate to get away. It vaporizes stuff quickly and roll away then re-engage.

...my pilot is a little busy to use the Fw 190D though.

Some like to remove the .50 cals simply because it's the cannons doing all the work anyway.

Toggle #13 Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4650 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostHeh, on 10 April 2014 - 04:18 PM, said:

Some like to remove the .50 cals simply because it's the cannons doing all the work anyway.

By .50's do you mean the 13.2mm?

If so, why would anybody remove the 2x13.2mm's for 2x7.92mm?  As pyantoryng said, the cost to carry them is nonexistent for the amount of gain in firepower. 

Heh #14 Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:39 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostToggle, on 10 April 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

By .50's do you mean the 13.2mm?

If so, why would anybody remove the 2x13.2mm's for 2x7.92mm?  As pyantoryng said, the cost to carry them is nonexistent for the amount of gain in firepower. 

I do mean the 13mms (which are more like .51 cal). However, some people like to remove them for some reason.

ubeahurtin #15 Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View PostS01836775, on 10 April 2014 - 12:18 AM, said:

For 200 battles, you wrote that like an Ace. That's the exact same advice I would have given for that plane. Good job!!!

Rumor from the chat bar has it that the A-5 is an improvement from the V and the D is an improvement from the A-5. Is that what you think? The Ta 152, the plane that I have the biggest crush on, doesn't get as high of reviews. Why not? It's by far the sexiest plane on the game!!!

Well, thank you sir for the compliment. But please bear in mind my battles have mostly been at the lower tiers; where they should be for the moment while learning from others performances here and in the youtube venues for higher tiers.

For the moment, I have chosen to go up the German line for the FW, and then the American line for the Corsair. Obviously, the higher the tier, the stiffer the competition. The predecessor to the FW, the tier 4 HE is quite capable as well in my opinion. Not sure why it's not used by more pilots.  

Worlds_Okayest_Dad #16 Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:21 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 86 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
The 112 is mediocre at best. Not fast, not the most maneuverable, firepower is OK. The reason you don't see them alot is the 109b is a better light and the 112s have a tendency to explode when facing any aggression.

Carl_the_Cuttlefish #17 Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20 battles

View Postubeahurtin, on 12 April 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

Well, thank you sir for the compliment. But please bear in mind my battles have mostly been at the lower tiers; where they should be for the moment while learning from others performances here and in the youtube venues for higher tiers.

For the moment, I have chosen to go up the German line for the FW, and then the American line for the Corsair. Obviously, the higher the tier, the stiffer the competition. The predecessor to the FW, the tier 4 HE is quite capable as well in my opinion. Not sure why it's not used by more pilots.  

That's why I'm trying to move to the higher tiers. Those skilled pilots make you improve your skills a lot more than lower tier pilots.

The HE 112 was the most average plane in the game I've played so far: it's a benchmark tier IV. And average means no weaknesses, so it can be very capable if used in a variety of different styles in the same game.

Any info on the Ta 152 though? I want to know about that plane!

And why do we balance???

FastAttack #18 Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Out of this line the A5 is the shining star of the FW series.

the rest are ok , they work great with teamwork. 

Tier X is bleh at best.. I'll take an 1101 any day of the week

Tier VIII although not a "FW"  = TA-152 is another shinner with the 3 cannons :)

Heh #19 Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:02 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostS01836775, on 12 April 2014 - 03:23 PM, said:

Any info on the Ta 152 though? I want to know about that plane!

Same relative style as the other Fws, except you have 3 mk 103s and an extremely high optimal altitude.

FastAttack #20 Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostHeh, on 12 April 2014 - 04:02 PM, said:

Same relative style as the other Fws, except you have 3 mk 103s and an extremely high optimal altitude.

i can tell you this , it can easily take down tier ix's if the pilot flying the ix is not careful.

Also has the highest optimal altitude in the game as well.

This airplane is great and it gives me the biggest smile when i melt jets away with it :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users