Spitfire I/V - Same Fugly Marine Camo on both Planes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Heibges #1 Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 65 battles

So I just got my Spitfire V, and one of the biggest things I was hoping for was not to see that ugly Marine Camo.   But to my horror, the Spitfire V has the same Marine Camo as the Spitfire I.

The Camo looks like it is for an airshow or a circus.

The current camo is #4 if you search Google for Spitfire/Camo/Marine, so it looks like a very poor effort was put into selecting this terrible paint job that you are charging people for.

You should substitute NAVAL for MARINE when using Google to do your game research from now on.

"If the Healer gets killed it's the Tank's fault.  If the Tank gets killed it's the Healer's fault.  If the DPS get killed it's their own fault." - various

Namelsshero #2 Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
I have been calling for an upgrade to the paint store! these ppl that run this place have no sense of fashion or pride for the aircraft canvas

Heibges #3 Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 65 battles
My hangar is like my church.
"If the Healer gets killed it's the Tank's fault.  If the Tank gets killed it's the Healer's fault.  If the DPS get killed it's their own fault." - various

Cuesta_Rey #4 Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

View PostHeibges, on 06 April 2014 - 05:29 PM, said:

My hangar is like my church.

~~Except their is no priest to bless my 20mm ammo. A little holy water in the radiators may help a bit, too.

Heibges #5 Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 65 battles

View Postdoublespook, on 06 April 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

~~Except their is no priest to bless my 20mm ammo. A little holy water in the radiators may help a bit, too.

I would pay $20 if I could get a priest avatar in my hangar.

Blizzard36 #6 Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:12 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7 battles
  • [RABIT] RABIT
Yeah, I ended up using the no bonus green/gray paint job for both the Winter and Marine slots.
Fly casual

FryaDuck #7 Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:35 AM

Squadron Leader Knucklehead

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View PostHeibges, on 07 April 2014 - 04:18 AM, said:

So I just got my Spitfire V, and one of the biggest things I was hoping for was not to see that ugly Marine Camo.   But to my horror, the Spitfire V has the same Marine Camo as the Spitfire I.

The Camo looks like it is for an airshow or a circus.

The current camo is #4 if you search Google for Spitfire/Camo/Marine, so it looks like a very poor effort was put into selecting this terrible paint job that you are charging people for.

You should substitute NAVAL for MARINE when using Google to do your game research from now on.

I put in a support ticket concerning it and they basically blew me off.

Oderint, dum metuant, tunc ad infernum - Let them hate as long as they fear then go to hell
1st AlphaAce IL-2 (t)(Air)

Shepbur #8 Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:17 AM

• 0 battles

View PostFryaDuck, on 07 April 2014 - 01:35 AM, said:

I put in a support ticket concerning it and they basically blew me off.

Probably because that's a horrible use for a support ticket...

The Spitfire V's marine camo was (as far as i'm aware) never actually used on a spitfire, however No.92 Squadron of the RAF ran a squadron display team, taking over the official role from the Black Arrows, while maintaining the Hawker Hunters, they had a unique paint scheme for their display aircraft, painting them in bright blue gloss with a white lightning stripe down the side.

Spoiler

Personally, i think the camo scheme on the spitfires looks great, however i do agree that it doesn't belong as a marine camo... it should be swapped out as a parade camouflage, with the more traditional marine camo replacing it, similar to the Spitfire IX's marine camouflage.

It doesn't take skill to fly, it takes skill to not make mistakes.

x_WARHOG_x #9 Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:42 PM

• 2 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I hate the paint schemes on the spits that's why I run mod skins on mine here is my T5 Mk I spit with one of hawkeyededic's awesome skins..............

Thanks Hawk.........:great:

Sneaking up on your six.....................

Aurabird #10 Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3 battles
Camo like the marine spitfire one is why I just put one paint job on my plane and leave it on.

Plus I'm a cheapo :tongue:

Heibges #11 Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 65 battles

The saga continues....

This continues to cause me profound sadness.

FREDRIK_01 #12 Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:00 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2323 battles
  • [BERT] BERT
I skin most of the planes I have thanks to the modders. I use very few game skins & I have all my planes cammoed. WG just lacks here both in tanks & now planes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users