Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

Binestar #22 Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 71 battles
  • [RDDT3] RDDT3

View PostSandman1969, on 07 April 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:

How would I go about uploading a replay here anyways?

I use dropbox.  Copy the file into your dropbox, click to get the public link, then link here.  Works great for sharing things like that.

Sandman1969 #23 Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 39 battles

View PostBinestar, on 07 April 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

I use dropbox.  Copy the file into your dropbox, click to get the public link, then link here.  Works great for sharing things like that.

That'll work. I have a dropbox account already.

mizer67 #24 Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:37 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostSandman1969, on 05 April 2014 - 06:39 PM, said:

I used to be able to turn fight with it, once upon a time.

As for the Hawk, I wasn't fighting it AND T6 planes at the same time. Different matches.

I was in the middle of a furball  chasing one plane when the hawk joined in. So I had to try & evade getting shot from all angles.

So I basically need to fly it like an HF & take out the high planes.

I find I do better in the I-17 compared to the 109 b. Heck, I tend to do better in the 109 E using the same style.

One of those turn fights I was in was against a 51 A. I couldn't catch him. It wasn't mizer though, LOL

BTW, this wasn't about winning in it. This is about doing well like I used to do in it, getting multiple kills. Now I am struggling to get one.

You don't fly this one like a HF, you fly it like a slower P-51.

Think vertical always - most fights are up and down (after some extention to get some distance after your attack - unless you're fighting a HF at altitude or another 109 or a higher tier fighter in an equal energy state that you can TnB). A HF is more horizontal in play, normally. They don't do 70-90 degree dives and climbs as well as a LF.

Death from above - be the annoying bird of prey that no one can catch or even put guns on before you're out of range again. Make them point their nose up and stall to get guns on you so you can shoot a defensless, almost stationary target.

EvigPint #25 Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:24 AM

Airman Basic

• 1454 battles
Sell it and pick up the He-112.  Once you've tricked it out I find it much more fun to play than the Bf-109B. 

Sandman1969 #26 Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:55 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 39 battles

View PostEvigPint, on 07 April 2014 - 08:24 PM, said:

Sell it and pick up the He-112.  Once you've tricked it out I find it much more fun to play than the Bf-109B. 

I did have that & had it tricked out. Hated it and all 6 matches it was in were all losses.

Sandman1969 #27 Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 39 battles

So, first match in it after this thread, I climb up as I always do at the start & follow the major force of my team.

I notice an ally with 3 on him so I dive to help. That's when, for some lame reason, I lost all control of my plane. It's as if someone unplugged my mouse/keyboard. All action was still going on in the background, so it's not packet loss.

I'm getting closer to not trying anymore. This has been a bad week for me to where I'm about to quit multi player games & go back to single player. I can't seem to do squat at any tier lately & have not had any fun since 1.2.

MagusGerhardt #28 Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:55 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 870 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Your sudden problems in all aircraft that are not only intermittent but not duplicated or shared by any of your advice-givers indicates that it's a problem with your setup or your peripherals.

Mouse and keyboard don't just stop functioning in the middle of the game.  It's not a bug, it's not a problem I've seen anyone report besides you.

It's time to begin inspecting your mouse and keyboard and perhaps the game controller ports you are plugging them into as well.

If it's neither of those I'd take it as a message from The Divine and take a break from gaming.  You obviously have not been enjoying yourself for awhile and perhaps need a change of perspective even if you get your controllers figured out.

Good hunting! :honoring:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

MrPsychic #29 Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 240 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS
I'm one of the only ones that turn fights a 109 B and I do decently at it.. I use flaps and vary the throttle to get a tighter turning circle and then roll off to engage a different plane.

Sandman1969 #30 Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:00 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 39 battles

Magus, set up as in configs?

If so, these are the same configs that got me the 96 ACE medals & 60% win rate.

On the keyboard, I use the arrow keys for pitch up/down. Can't remember what left/right is set to.

Flaps is not on auto & is set to KP_INS. Boost is set to KP_END. Brakes are set on the keypad as well.

Mouse/keyboard are wireless but this has never happened til this year since starting the game back in closed beta.

Physic, I use flaps as well and used to be ok with turn fighting it.

MagusGerhardt #31 Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:38 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 870 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostSandman1969, on 08 April 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

No, setup as in your drivers for mouse and keyboard.  Check the cables for extreme kinks or bends that may have partially broken the internal wiring.  Unplug mouse and keyboard from the computer and use a can of compressed air to blow dust accumulation out of the jack, give a sight inspection to the contact points in the jack and on the cable plug.

What I keep hearing from you is loss of all control input, seeing as this is an error unique to you and your rig I'm assuming it's something wrong with your hardware.

If you find nothing apparently wrong with your current mouse and keyboard go buy new ones, they do wear out eventually and yours may be on their last leg.

Also, everyone still wants to see a replay of a battle where you experience this issue.

Good hunting!  :honoring:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Cuesta_Rey #32 Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

What seems really odd to me is that my win rate in the 109B is 60%, whereas my average win rate is just 52%. On top of that, the 109B is nowhere near the prolific killer of enemy that some of my aircraft are, but those sometimes have win rates much, much lower than the 109B. I don't know what to make of that. Maybe it's just dumb luck.

Last, it has seemed to me lately the guns on my 109B are not doing as much damage as they did at first. Just today, it took me so long to kill a GA (LBSh, I believe) that his tail gunner killed me before I could kill him...and he was well within my gun range. I am wondering if they have nerfed the gun damage on the 109B recently?

Today I even tried removing the wing guns to make it a little faster and more maneuverable. If I can't start killing with it a little better soon, am going to sell mine as well to make room for something else.

mizer67 #33 Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:38 AM

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostSandman1969, on 08 April 2014 - 06:00 PM, said:

If so, these are the same configs that got me the 96 ACE medals & 60% win rate.

On the keyboard, I use the arrow keys for pitch up/down. Can't remember what left/right is set to.

Flaps is not on auto & is set to KP_INS. Boost is set to KP_END. Brakes are set on the keypad as well.

Mouse/keyboard are wireless but this has never happened til this year since starting the game back in closed beta.

Physic, I use flaps as well and used to be ok with turn fighting it.

Magus makes a good point. Perhaps your mouse and/or keyboard batteries are dying.

I think wired peripherals are a little faster and more consistent in general too though.

Change your hardware and see if it helps. If you fly with a mouse, try a cheap wired $10 replacement and see if it helps or hurts. Worst case, you're only out $10.

MagusGerhardt #34 Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:58 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 870 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postmizer67, on 08 April 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

I think wired peripherals are a little faster and more consistent in general too though.

Thanks, Mizer.  I was not aware that Sandman was using wireless peripherals.  That's a definite source of problems.

Rule #2 of Flight Club:  Never use wireless control input for ANYTHING that requires constant smooth FAST data input.  Like a flight game.

Oh no, your signal has been interrupted for two seconds.  Not a big deal if you're working in a word processor or if you're playing World of Warcraft...but here that will land you in the drink, in a mountain, or splatted across another airplane's windscreen.

SkywhaleExpress #35 Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:19 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

He is not the only one who has had issues of complete control loss.. but such a bug has been gone since early open beta... afaik.

Sandman.. first off, going in with the crowd is not necessarily smart. I've tried many times to teach you, and well... you can lead a horse to water, but if he's too stubborn to drink it, he might dehydrate anyway.

I concur with Magus, take a week or two away from the game and get your priorities in order.

MIA - pappabear

Toggle #36 Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:38 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4699 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 09 April 2014 - 01:38 AM, said:

No, setup as in your drivers for mouse and keyboard.  Check the cables for extreme kinks or bends that may have partially broken the internal wiring.  Unplug mouse and keyboard from the computer and use a can of compressed air to blow dust accumulation out of the jack, give a sight inspection to the contact points in the jack and on the cable plug.

What I keep hearing from you is loss of all control input, seeing as this is an error unique to you and your rig I'm assuming it's something wrong with your hardware.

Good hunting!  :honoring:

I don't use wireless but I do have an optical mouse.  I was having an ongoing problem with sudden loss of control functions (move the mouse and little to no movement would register on the screen.)  I would move or shake the mouse around on the mouse pad, wipe the mouse pad down and it would work again for a bit....  It turned out to be cat fur stuck to the mouse pad.  Such a small amount I could not detect it but the optical mouse sure did. 

That's correct, cat vs mouse, the cat won!

Sandman1969 #37 Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 39 battles

Magus, I'll see if I can find the replay where I lose control. Batteries for the mouse were recently replaced & Logitech SetPoint shows the keyboard batteries are full as well.

FTR, after I crashed into the drink after losing control, I was able to hit ESC to leave the game. So it's not batteries & I can't see it being packet loss as that would also affect ESC, I think.

mizer, I sit several feet away from the computer as we use a 60 inch plasma screen. Having a wired mouse always felt constrictive to me & limiting.

Alex, so I should go with the few planes instead? I always hear go with the major force instead. Now you say to go with the few stragglers that go off on their own tiny group?

Toggle, I have a mouse pad that was made specifically for optical mice. Was made in the U.K.

Sandman1969 #38 Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:38 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 39 battles

Ok, here's the latest vid.

I was getting out turned by another 109 B. I have just the hub guns btw.

https://dl.dropboxus...ress.wowpreplay

SkywhaleExpress #39 Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

No, I mean go a smart way. Think of each map in a tactical way. Following a little straggler or base rusher will get him and you killed instead of just him.

its somewhat okay to go in behind the pub rushers, but if you can't put enemies down quickly without dying, you'll get hit hard and die fast.

I tend to lei text my own base first, then I go for the areas of least opposition... So killing the enemy where they have fewer players... Leaving the crowd for last

MIA - pappabear

Sandman1969 #40 Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 39 battles

Someone explain this then.

How is it possible for a 109 B to out turn a 109 B if it's not a turn fighter?

Was just in a battle with mine chasing another 109 B. I for the life of me could not catch him. He had 55 battles in it. I have almost 400 in mine. I did everything I could to try & catch him & could not do it.

I do not have wing guns mounted either. Other than that, the plane is maxed.

Match ended in a roflstomp for them. 15>5.

If this plane is not a turn fighter, then it should not be able to out turn the same plane.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users