Petition to rollback nerfing of P51 line

p51 nerfed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

Poll: p51 nerfing (74 members have cast votes)

Should wargaming rollback the recent downgrading of the p51 line?

1. yes (23 votes [31.08%])

Percentage of vote: 31.08%

2. no (51 votes [68.92%])

Percentage of vote: 68.92%

Vote Hide poll

2girls #61 Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

Mercsm....I was just making a simple inference with the data that some one posted, with a double heaping of sarcasm to go with it.  Clearly there is nowhere near enough data there to make any sound or mathematical reasoning  of any sort there. There is just enough there to make a point, albeit a possibly highly flawed 1.

A_RuMoR #62 Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

[content moderated - Posting for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums]

GM/Mod team

_Laserguided_ #63 Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostA_RuMoR, on 28 March 2014 - 12:36 PM, said:

[content moderated - Posting for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums]

GM/Mod team

Once again, you are wrong.  Actually the stats do show when you are in a flight, just not the simple ones posted.   I doubt Kat has more than 20-25% in flights. Kat don't like to share kills.  :hiding:

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

"Dont doubt my computer skills,I started with a pentium 2" -- Chuck

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

pappabear #64 Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:47 PM

Community Noob

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS

View PostA_RuMoR, on 28 March 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

GM/Mod team

Ok This comment made me wonder about your response. How do you consider a player that has just a little over 300 games and has stopped playing a stat padder?

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

IllustriousCheeseburger #65 Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO

View PostA_RuMoR, on 28 March 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

GM/Mod team

Wrong again kiddo.

View Post_Laserguided_, on 28 March 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

Once again, you are wrong.  Actually the stats do show when you are in a flight, just not the simple ones posted.   I doubt Kat has more than 20-25% in flights. Kat don't like to share kills.  :hiding:

More along the lines of 4-6%, Laser. I didn't flight very often during beta at all. 

"Don't worry about me when you see me on the enemy roster. I'm completely harmless."

F50ACE #66 Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:51 PM

Boom'N'Zoom rights activist

• Community Ace
  • 8 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO

View PostA_RuMoR, on 28 March 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

GM/Mod team

Remove the name, or you will get a warning or RO.

Actually, you can look up the # of flighted battles thru the Dev. API. Kat has around 25%, and she's quit playing since then. (Since game launch)

I will not bring your flight ratio out, but there is a player that has a 90+% winrate that has a 99.09% ratio of flighted battles. So who do you think is the statpadder?

TL DR: Flights and the type of aircraft played do skew the actual skill of the player.

OnboardG1 #67 Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9 battles

View PostA_RuMoR, on 28 March 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

GM/Mod team

Like your tinfoil hat there? Remember, to the paranoid loner, EVERYONE is a clique! Do you want us to keep owning you or are you like, totally done? Because I have some cliquing to do. And some statpadding. In my Zero. 

flybigfoot #68 Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:33 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I had not played wowp for months and when I started playing again last week, I immediately noticed the sluggishness of my fav P-51a.  At first I thought it was due to my absence but then after many battles the plane still feels something amiss.  Tweaking the controls didn't help as I was not aware that the P-51a was "nerfed" until I stumbled onto this thread.

A_Rumor was right, so much was taken away from the P-51a that it makes me feel cheated for spending all that time.  My plane is maxed out and I have two skills and I used to be able to make it go where I wanted in an instant.  This is no longer the case.  The plane feels less responsive, felt like there was a brief delay onset of a roll or turn initiation.  

I went to the Encyclopedia on the website and compared ALL tier 6 fighters and I noticed that the P-51a DOES NOTHING BEST in any specification categories from Hit Points to Controllability - nothing.  Every other tier 6 aircraft has something they do best in at least one spec categories except the P-51a.  I don't know if it were already like this before but seeing this makes me want to abandon this plane even more.  I no longer feel special flying this historically significant aircraft.  

I think the downgrade was a bit too much.  At the very least, WG should consider increasing its fire power for the things took away.

Just my 2-cent.  

ArrowZ_ #69 Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:03 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

As already mentioned by TheGreenTank, Boosting is the main issue that gives most high-speed aircrafts the big advantage when it comes to speed and altitude performance. Take that away from the mustang and what is left? Nothing. The P-51s rely on it too much to survive. Although arguable, it's the main reason why BnZ is the favoured tactic.

As for the P-51 nerfs, the only hard nerf the mustangs received was the reduced .50 cals firepower rating, where it did considerable amount of damage in beta. Now it barely hits anything above 5 hit points. But to really assess the damage of .50 cals, we have to consider its damage over time or rather damage per second. And it's evident enough that its DPS has been reduced across all the P-51 models (A, D and H). 

If I were to rant about the current issues of the mustang, its the Firepower. You literally need a player accuracy of atleast 75%+ to do any decent damage with these .50 cals. That means being dead accurate on the lead indicator at all times during every match just to do any damage, which most average player in WoWp does not have since they lack the experience to fly the different variety of planes. This can only be remedied through time and practice and IF this player is dedicated enough. All that practice will pay off and they'll start to see improvements in the P-51 performance all because of their new gained experience.

In my opinion, this was an unnecessary nerf for the .50 cals but as arguable as this subject is, WG MUST have had a good reason to tweak them just for the sake of "Balance". If we were to compare the damage performance of the .50 cals against all the other gun armaments in this game, it would not even reach the same competitive level as the 20mm, 30mm or even the derp canncons (37mm and 45mm). That's what saddens me the most. The reason .50cals got nerfed but the Autocannons did not? That says something doesn't it.

But hey I can't complain. A little bit of experience and knowledge in how to use the P-51's advantages and disadvantages is enough to get a couple wins in WoWp, and thats good enough for me, regardles of the nerfs it keeps getting.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

HZero #70 Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 990 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostArrowZ_, on 18 April 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

In my opinion, this was an unnecessary nerf for the .50 cals but as arguable as this subject is, WG MUST have had a good reason to tweak them just for the sake of "Balance". If we were to compare the damage performance of the .50 cals against all the other gun armaments in this game, it would not even reach the same competitive level as the 20mm, 30mm or even the derp canncons (37mm and 45mm). That's what saddens me the most. The reason .50cals got nerfed but the Autocannons did not? That says something doesn't it.

Most of the cannons are getting a nerf in 1.3, so it may all yet balance out.   Oh, and...threadromancy again.  That's like the third one this weekend that people have brought back from the dead.  (-:

Dreaming of better days.  When this game had full matches, fiery dogfights, and hope for the future.

GenBulldog00 #71 Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

Senior Airman

• 28 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Not to ruin the Nerf Parade,

I completely disagree with the nerf that the p51 received. Mainly is because I fly mostly American p51's.

Secondly, because there is alot of truth in the complaints of who started this thread. Then everything that followed was thrown a bit out of proportion. Instead of bombarding the guy with (The P-51 is still op) is just not enough to prove someone wrong. My opinion ( And i'm entitled to one) is that you do see a dramatic change on the P51's after nerf. Maybe not to the pilot that has 100 planes in their hangar, but to those pilots that dedicate majority of their hangar slots to P51's "ME".

Nevertheless, P51's still occupy the majority of my hangar slots (Don't have many slots). So yes, I do officially disagree with the nerf and at the same time I Agree that it was a good attempt from [WG] to even-out the playing field at high altitudes.

****With that being said everyone should check out my post and pictures of me getting 12 Kills in a battle @ Tier 6. Yes i was on my P51-a, and it took every single turn, dive, and angle on the book to pull that one off. So it'll be a shame if someone came here and said (Nerf the P51's, they are the most played w/ higher win percentage because that's not enough grounds to nerf or buff.****

In conclusion, the P51's receive a noticeable amount of nerf for anyone out there that thinks or say "they are op, nerf'em". For those that complain about the nerf my suggestion is the same one they give to Marines. SEMPERFI!

Gen.BullDog00 Over and Out!

Edited by GenBulldog00, 19 April 2014 - 05:25 PM.

TRN2LA #72 Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:16 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 272 battles
I am not very Experienced with the P51's while they where "better" I only just yesterday got the P51H. I am incredibly happy with it. I remember feeling disappointed with the P40, the and the 51's A & D thinking "I dunno what people are raving about these for" "I Keep Dying" I Soon released it was not the plane that was bad, but rather enemy's where targeting the P40 through P51 as a priority, giving the illusions to me that the plane may not have been very good. This was combined with improper use of the plane. However now that I realism that when I fly these planes I am a priority target and also now that I fly it a little better, I find myself Extremely Satisfied with its performance. I think every pilots wants his or her favorite planes to better. But realistically if they get too good (the planes) then everyone will end up flying them and the game may as well be called the name of the plane (in this case P51) instead of WoWP. So I honestly think the P51A through P51H is about whre it should be. I would like to see certain improvements, but then I think the 51's would be too dominant, and that's not good for the game as a whole. One thing that I would like to see for the P51's though (and all other planes) is not having to fight P51 D's & H's using a P51A, but that's an MM issue :/ and thats my 2/- worth
Don't Tread on Me! Liberty or Death

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users