Petition to rollback nerfing of P51 line

p51 nerfed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

Poll: p51 nerfing (74 members have cast votes)

Should wargaming rollback the recent downgrading of the p51 line?

1. yes (23 votes [31.08%])

Percentage of vote: 31.08%

2. no (51 votes [68.92%])

Percentage of vote: 68.92%

Vote Hide poll

A_RuMoR #1 Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

Please post if you are angry about the nerfing of the p51 line. There where only a handful of people who complained about the p51 but these people have an ear with the developers and for these reasons the plane was nerfed. I have contacted WG to find out why this was done and they can not point me to any sound evidence showing that the community in large was complaining and wanted changes made. these changes were made based on the voices of a very few people within the community of pilots. All they keep saying is that if there is enough buzz about something in the community then they will look at it, so the whinners had their say (supposedly, however no "buzz" has been provided to show that there were major complaints) now it's our turn to have our say and create more of a buzz than the people who had the p51 line nerfed. 

There are many players out there that spent alot of time training pilots and so forth for certain lines that they chose to be the best for their style of play, and then these changes nullified all progress with those pilots specifically on the US line of planes. I even spent money in order to get those pilots and planes trained up, why should a few select people be able to change the game behind closed doors with no "real" community input??

GeorgePatton #2 Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:21 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1609 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

Whoa whoa whoa mate, slow down...

I've heard a lot of complaining about the P-51 line. Specifically the '51A. A lot of people thought they were very OP. I thought they were a little OP myself in the current tiers. I would personally rather see them bumped up a tier (and remove P-51H) and upgraded a little to match the stories about the '51s. They were OP at tier, but would do well with a little buff and bump a tier up.

As far as your argument of 'people having the DEV's ear' I suggest you go look at the EU and RU forums. A lot of stuff goes on over there (especially in RU) that a lot of the NA players are unaware of. If there is a large outcry in any of the regions, the Developers will potentially make a change to the game, which will of course affect all regions. I agree about losing your money, but you did agree to some special terms when you signed up.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

A_RuMoR #3 Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

can you provide me with some links to this "outcry" of the p51 being OP?? Like i said, ive asked wargaming and they have not provided me with anything stating that there was some outcry. 

Even if there was some outcry of people wanting a change, it makes no sense to declaw it in the fashion they did, it now has a hard time climbing to 2000 meters, it has no power, no acceleration, the bf109f now outperforms it in many ways. I could understand taking some away from it, but they removed literally everything from it. It was bad enough before that it has the weakest guns of any tier 6, then they removed all its power, all its altitude performance, and the guns were left as crappy as they were to begin with.

rocketbrainsurgeon #4 Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5 battles

The only nerf to the Mustang line that i know about is that the P-40 lost a few seconds of boost and had some energy retention taken away.

P51H / D / A are still kings of their respective tiers from what I know.

A_RuMoR #5 Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View Postrocketbrainsurgeon, on 26 March 2014 - 08:36 PM, said:

The only nerf to the Mustang line that i know about is that the P-40 lost a few seconds of boost and had some energy retention taken away.

P51H / D / A are still kings of their respective tiers from what I know.

I wish this was the case, but it's not. I'm not sure if you've flown the p51 before, but if you have you will now see a drastic decrease in its performance, it is now very poorly powered, and its altitude prowess was taken away. the bf109f can now outclimb it. i have a hard time climbing to 2000 meters, with plane maxed out, octane boost being used, and 4 skills on pilot and the BF109f  bare bones can chew it up and spit it out, once the bf109f is maxed and using a well trained pilot then it absolutely decimates the p51 in every aspect, altitude, power, boost, climb, and firepower

JPMORRISON #6 Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:42 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
i agree completely with A_RuMoR.........everything stripped that made it competitive and then left with shotty guns as well.......yet the broken 262 line is left untouched or even enhanced more?????????????????

Hydropod2010 #7 Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

Airman Basic

• 1 battle

Gimme back my P51A

DirtyWings #8 Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS
The tactic have changed with the 51 line. I still think they are OP. They might not be able to climb as high as the Germans.. but try the Germans under the altitude limits then try the 51s..  The 51s are still among the top planes to choose. Just cant engage a German fighter in a altitude fight unless it is below its altitude. If it isn't then bring it down to your play field. All planes have a strong point to them and a weakness.

An_Average_Jho #9 Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

Helvetic Polyglot

• Alpha tester
  • 57 battles
  • [WWPD] WWPD

http://planes.noobmeter.com/tankStats/na

Tier 6 fighters in order of win rate:

190-A5

P-51A

Yak-1M

109F

La-5

F4U-1

Spitfire V

Yak-9

A6M5

Tier 6 fighters in total games played:

P-51A

109F

F4U-1

Spitfire V

A6M5

La-5

190-A5

Yak-1M

Yak-9

The P-51A is the most played tier 6 fighter, but it is also a close second in terms of win rate (both recent and overall). The P-51A doesn't need to be even better or more popular than it currently is.

Everything tastes better if it tries to eat you before you eat it

I named my airplane Iosef because it kept on Stalin

"Quod natura non dat, Salmantica non præstat"

A_RuMoR #10 Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View PostDirtyWings, on 26 March 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

The tactic have changed with the 51 line. I still think they are OP. They might not be able to climb as high as the Germans.. but try the Germans under the altitude limits then try the 51s..  The 51s are still among the top planes to choose. Just cant engage a German fighter in a altitude fight unless it is below its altitude. If it isn't then bring it down to your play field. All planes have a strong point to them and a weakness.

so, what you are saying is that you believe the p51 should try to turn fight?? but its among the worst turners?? so if i cant out turn anyone, and i cant outrun them, and i cant outclimb them, then what is it you can do against the enemy???? 

A_RuMoR #11 Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View PostAn_Average_Jho, on 26 March 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

http://planes.noobmeter.com/tankStats/na

Tier 6 fighters in order of win rate:

190-A5

P-51A

Yak-1M

109F

La-5

F4U-1

Spitfire V

Yak-9

A6M5

Tier 6 fighters in total games played:

P-51A

109F

F4U-1

Spitfire V

A6M5

La-5

190-A5

Yak-1M

Yak-9

The P-51A is the most played tier 6 fighter, but it is also a close second in terms of win rate (both recent and overall). The P-51A doesn't need to be even better or more popular than it currently is.

this is using numbers from when the p51 had prowess, look at these numbers again in 3 months and it will not be near the top anymore, it will be near the bottom. and lets not forget that historiacally it was a powerful fighter and its attributes were the BnZ, now since the updates, it is among the worst in the game. and its historical value is that of being among the best in the war.

SkywhaleExpress #12 Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Really? Do you have any proof at all that the Mustang line OS nerfed?

P-51A still is 433 MPH, 40 MPH faster than its real life counterpart. It still has the best altitude performance of its tier and the tier above, except the tier 7 P-51D.... Which is also outperforming the equal tiered Corsair.

in other threads, I've demonstrated documented evidence that the Corsair line is faster and climbs better than the Mustangs on each evolutionary plane up to the H model... Of which the only competitor was cancelled... The F2G Super Corsair. There was no need for it. 

But, the developer cherry picks which things are historically accurate and which aren't.... And with "popular" opinion pointing to the Mustang being the best fighter of all time... Who can blame them for artificial inflating its performance characteristics.

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

rocketbrainsurgeon #13 Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5 battles

View PostA_RuMoR, on 26 March 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

I wish this was the case, but it's not. I'm not sure if you've flown the p51 before, but if you have you will now see a drastic decrease in its performance, it is now very poorly powered, and its altitude prowess was taken away. the bf109f can now outclimb it. i have a hard time climbing to 2000 meters, with plane maxed out, octane boost being used, and 4 skills on pilot and the BF109f  bare bones can chew it up and spit it out, once the bf109f is maxed and using a well trained pilot then it absolutely decimates the p51 in every aspect, altitude, power, boost, climb, and firepower

Just played a few games.  I had no problem intercepting Bf 109Z's at 2700m and keeping pace with them in the P51A.  Had no problem playing an energy game (and winning easily) against a veteran pilot who was in the 109 G (tier 7).

The patch did change how going below optimal altitude drains more energy from the P51's for sure.  But since the Mustangs are lightly gunned, there's little reason to go down that low anyway.

But as far as the P51 is nerfed into the ground: sorry, I just don't see it.

DirtyWings #14 Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS
The tactics with planes will change almost every patch.. even if the plane is fine. Where would the challenge be if there were no changes?

An_Average_Jho #15 Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

Helvetic Polyglot

• Alpha tester
  • 57 battles
  • [WWPD] WWPD

View PostA_RuMoR, on 26 March 2014 - 09:01 PM, said:

this is using numbers from when the p51 had prowess, look at these numbers again in 3 months and it will not be near the top anymore, it will be near the bottom. and lets not forget that historiacally it was a powerful fighter and its attributes were the BnZ, now since the updates, it is among the worst in the game. and its historical value is that of being among the best in the war.

The famous P-51 is the variant with the merlin engine. The P-51A wasn't that great with the allison engine, because it wasn't supercharged.

The P-51A is over-performing both with respect to its historical counter part and with respect to other planes in game.

Everything tastes better if it tries to eat you before you eat it

I named my airplane Iosef because it kept on Stalin

"Quod natura non dat, Salmantica non præstat"

A_RuMoR #16 Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View Postrocketbrainsurgeon, on 26 March 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:

Just played a few games.  I had no problem intercepting Bf 109Z's at 2700m and keeping pace with them in the P51A.  Had no problem playing an energy game (and winning easily) against a veteran pilot who was in the 109 G (tier 7).

The patch did change how going below optimal altitude drains more energy from the P51's for sure.  But since the Mustangs are lightly gunned, there's little reason to go down that low anyway.

But as far as the P51 is nerfed into the ground: sorry, I just don't see it.

i can no longer climb to 4000 meters in it, i get easily outclimbed by a bf109f, and i have plenty of videos to show you to back up those claims, are you saying "my" p51a is the only one broke, or are you just playing devils advocate and saying nothing has changed when it clearly has.

A_RuMoR #17 Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View PostAn_Average_Jho, on 26 March 2014 - 09:14 PM, said:

The famous P-51 is the variant with the merlin engine. The P-51A wasn't that great with the allison engine, because it wasn't supercharged.

The P-51A is over-performing both with respect to its historical counter part and with respect to other planes in game.

p51 haters unite, lemme guess you dont fly this plane. and you often get killed by it right?? your comments would be understandable then

A_RuMoR #18 Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View PostDirtyWings, on 26 March 2014 - 09:10 PM, said:

The tactics with planes will change almost every patch.. even if the plane is fine. Where would the challenge be if there were no changes?

lol, so when someone gets too good at a specific plane its time to change it so that they are not as good anymore.

rocketbrainsurgeon #19 Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5 battles

View PostA_RuMoR, on 26 March 2014 - 09:34 PM, said:

i can no longer climb to 4000 meters in it, i get easily outclimbed by a bf109f, and i have plenty of videos to show you to back up those claims, are you saying "my" p51a is the only one broke, or are you just playing devils advocate and saying nothing has changed when it clearly has.

No, I'm saying that the P51A wasn't supposed to be able to climb to 4km in the first place as that's far beyond what any other plane in tier can do.  It's still able to go substantially above its' optimal altitude and engage the enemy, which can't be said for much else.

DirtyWings #20 Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS

View PostA_RuMoR, on 26 March 2014 - 09:36 PM, said:

lol, so when someone gets too good at a specific plane its time to change it so that they are not as good anymore.

Yup that's the way it goes with online games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users