store error bug plane freeze

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

primevilraam #1 Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:18 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [GON] GON
So I have not played in quite a while, but I decided to get back on and give it a try since I figured WG had patched much more and smoothed out some of the rough edges of the game. Everything went pretty well until after my first battle. I noticed that the end game statistics screen would not load. I waited a few minutes and couldn't get it to load. In fact, every game I have played, the end game stats screen just doesn't load, which really doesn't bother me too much because it doesn't affect game play. The real issue was after I researched my next plane. I went to the store to buy it and it didn't show up. I have researched every single tier 2 plane now and I still cannot get any planes to show up in the store. NONE AT ALL. I cant see a single plane. I can see equipment and ammo belts and everything else, but every time I click on the aircraft tab, the list just goes blank. Its getting a little boring just playing on tier 1 planes and my tier 3 premium over and over again. If anyone else experienced this or found a fix for it, please let me know. I have been all up and down the forum with no luck. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Edited by primevilraam, 17 March 2014 - 04:20 AM.

warrends #2 Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:29 AM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 5 battles
Same problem I had. Got a very clear response from Support. Had to do some Win registry stuff and reinstall but it worked. I'll post the instructions tomorrow if I can

warrends #3 Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:45 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 5 battles

As promised:

The ticket I submitted:

Block Quote

I can't buy airplanes in the in-game store. I have all tier 1s elited and 1-2 tier 2s as well. I can buy belts, bombs and everything else. Just not planes. Empty screenshot for planes, and full screenshot for belts attached. Also cannot sell planes (but don't want to). Please help.

First response which didn't work for me, but try it anyway as it is much shorter than the below steps and may work for you:

Block Quote

Dear Pilot,

Thank you for contacting World of Warplanes Support.

Please follow these steps to resolve your issue:

Press WIN+R keys at the same time.

Type: %appdata%\wargaming.net\World of Warplanes (you can copy paste) and then hit "OK" or press "enter".

Delete everything but the "logs" folder in the World of Warplanes folder that pops up.

Now please close the Appdata folder and launch the game. You will need to rebind your controls.

Second response, which I was a little hesitant to do but I've heard of CCleaner and was comfortable enough to follow all of these instructions. This worked for me:

Block Quote

Dear Pilot,
Thank you for contacting World of Warplanes Support.
These steps will cleanly remove your old files, and then install the game client cleanly.
Please follow these instructions:
1) First of all, ensure all other programs are closed and not running (ie, Skype, Steam, Itunes, etc).
2) Log-in to the World of Warplanes website at www.worldofwarplanes.com, ensure you have the "remember me" Option selected, then close your internet browser.
3) Please uninstall the game (using the uninstall a program feature in windows) and delete the folder "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\wargaming.net\World of Warplanes".
"Appdata" folder can be hidden, and you can access there by clicking Windows key + R and then typing
"%appdata%" (without the quotation marks). You will then have to navigate to the Wargaming folder, and delete the "World of Warplanes" Folder.
4) Download CCleaner from: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
5) Install and run the CCleaner
a) In the CCleaner program, click on registry
b) Near the bottom of the program, click 'scan for issues' and then click 'fix selected issues'
6) While you are still inside the CCleaner software, first, please click on 'cleaner' (upper left hand of application), second, click 'analyze', and then click 'run cleaner'.
**Note: if you are prompted to save a backup of your registry, please click yes.**
7) Then download the installer from:
http://dl.wargaming.net/wowp/na/files/WoWP_internet_install_na.exe
or:
http://worldofwarplanes.com/en/content/docs/update/
8) Install it, run the launcher.
9) Start World of Warplanes
10) Click on the little wrench in the top right of the launcher window, and in the pop up which appears ensure you have "Enable Torrents" selected.

Let the installer work it's magic! Please let us know how it goes.

Good luck!

primevilraam #4 Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [GON] GON
I already had CC installed, so I ran it and did a fresh install, and its up and running perfectly. Thanks for the help.

battleship4 #5 Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:41 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 19 battles

View Postprimevilraam, on 17 March 2014 - 05:18 AM, said:

So I have not played in quite a while, but I decided to get back on and give it a try since I figured WG had patched much more and smoothed out some of the rough edges of the game. Everything went pretty well until after my first battle. I noticed that the end game statistics screen would not load. I waited a few minutes and couldn't get it to load. In fact, every game I have played, the end game stats screen just doesn't load, which really doesn't bother me too much because it doesn't affect game play. The real issue was after I researched my next plane. I went to the store to buy it and it didn't show up. I have researched every single tier 2 plane now and I still cannot get any planes to show up in the store. NONE AT ALL. I cant see a single plane. I can see equipment and ammo belts and everything else, but every time I click on the aircraft tab, the list just goes blank. Its getting a little boring just playing on tier 1 planes and my tier 3 premium over and over again. If anyone else experienced this or found a fix for it, please let me know. I have been all up and down the forum with no luck. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Wow... I have the exact same 2 problems, store and results

battleship4 #6 Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 19 battles

View Postwarrends, on 17 March 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

As promised:

The ticket I submitted:

First response which didn't work for me, but try it anyway as it is much shorter than the below steps and may work for you:

Second response, which I was a little hesitant to do but I've heard of CCleaner and was comfortable enough to follow all of these instructions. This worked for me:

Good luck!

Neither worked, more bugs than before.

I think it has luck involved

REDscavenger #7 Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:51 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

Gee, youd think these guys would do their job, like perfecting a patch before releasing it. IT doesnt even have to be perfect, just not glitchy as hell. Instead, we have to un-install, download other programs, re-install, etc.

Galvorn_Lancha #8 Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:52 AM

Airman Basic

• 14 battles
I tried the first fix, didn't work, I can't try the second fix due to the fact that I have a data limit and it would use up all of my data if I re-downloaded it. Any suggestions? 

Galvorn_Lancha #9 Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:57 AM

Airman Basic

• 14 battles
I figured it out, thanks to this link right here: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/29000-purchasing-new-plane/

Edited by 0610_unconquerable, 07 April 2014 - 03:59 AM.

Also tagged with store, error, bug, plane, freeze

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users