got a new R.A.T 9 gaming mouse

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

HellsBells_ #1 Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 23 battles
  • [HLBL] HLBL
This thing is unbelievable, you can adjust everything, the thumb rest is great.  I got the wireless one, i still think its overpriced at $150, but i got $25 off with a coupon and discount, still over priced at $125, could i live without it?  i thought so before, now i think not!  i wont go into all the bells and whistles it has, but it is super comfortable since you can adjust everthing, the buttons all work for whatever you need them for, like using consumables which makes it alot easier than hunting for the key on the keyboard or ctrl button, there is alot of competition for this mouse, i did all the research, and trust me, none of the others compare, just because of all the adjustments you can make to make it comfortable for each individual, no other mouse has as many adjustable settings, at least no other one has them right now.  also, this mouse has been out for awhile, the reviews are 4 or 5 star no matter what site your look at, the end.

_Laserguided_ #2 Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I had the wired version, the RAT 7 and gamed with it for over 2+ years before one of the little side buttons died.  Nice mouse.

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

"Dont doubt my computer skills,I started with a pentium 2" -- Chuck

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

Haswell #3 Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Alpha tester
  • 125 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO

I had a RAT 7 once (wireless and gaming shouldn't be in the same sentence), hated it, sold it off. The pinky and thumb rest were either nonexistent due to the small profile of the mouse which lead to my fingers dragging over my mousepad, or it gave me cramps again due to the small profile of the optional pieces. The heavy weight of the mouse (nevermind the weight washers, the iron/steel base of the mouse is heavier than my wallet) means any sort of mouse lifting movement will eventually give you carpal tunnel syndrome, not to mention the terrible Philips Twin-Eye sensor with built-in acceleration, tracking problems and inflexibility on the z-axis (for mouse lifting).

Oh yeah, I'm also spoiled by side buttons. The minimum requirements for me now are 4 buttons easily accessible with the thumb. Not the Naga since that thing is just overkill and ergonomically uncomfortable, but rather more along the lines of Logiteh's offerings. Free-spinning and tilting scroll wheel functions are also nice.

WoWP Supertest Coordinator (NA Region) - Volunteer

HellsBells_ #4 Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 23 battles
  • [HLBL] HLBL
it is a little heavy, even with all the weights out, but they have fixed the lifting issue, it has a big thumb rest and with the adjustments you can make the buttons easily accessible, plus it looks awsome.

HEAVEYGEAR #5 Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:39 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 728 battles

I had the R.A.T. 7 wired version. Nice mouse for Tanks, but I had some problems with this game. The dual eye laser gets a bit wonky (unresponsive), my hand tends to sweat a bit. So be careful and keep it wiped off in between games.

Enjoy,

Happy Hunting!!

I've knocked on death's door.....no one answered.....I don't complain much anymore.

Me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users