Questions about the P51 line

please god help me

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Smallfry122 #1 Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:22 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Hullo, I've just unlocked the P-36 in the hopes of one day, just maybe, owning my very own P51D. But i'm not doing too well with this whole "boom and zoom" thing.

I would include a replay but I don't know how. Instead i'll give you a rundown of the match I was going to include:

Match starts, nose up, punch the boost until 1500m. Fly level to gain back some speed. See a friendly being chased by a Bf 110 B, nose down, chase begins. I chase him all around until finally I kill him, but now i'm at 150m going 200 km/h. All of my allies are dead and I get rushed by 4 planes at once.

1) Was it a good idea to chase that Bf 110 B until he was destroyed?

2) How high should I have started my dive?

3) Should I seek out single targets?

4) Or should I dive straight through a furball, shooting at enemies that get in my cross hairs?

Please folks, I need some help.

An_Average_Jho #2 Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:48 AM

Helvetic Polyglot

• Alpha tester
  • 57 battles
  • [WWPD] WWPD

I have not played much with the USA fighters, nor am I skilled in BnZ. What I can say, however, is that you have to manage your energy at every moment. The instant you realized that you had no speed or altitude, it was already too late. Energy management and situational awareness are the big things to worry about. 

You need to prioritize different things depending on the situation, all the while efficiently managing your energy. Try to go for enemies that are either unaware of you, or in a position where you are safe to attack with little return fire. Don't fixate, don't get tunnel vision. Help out your teammates, or bait other BnZ planes into your low-altitude friends. 

Everything tastes better if it tries to eat you before you eat it

I named my airplane Iosef because it kept on Stalin

"Quod natura non dat, Salmantica non præstat"

Tank_Boots #3 Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:11 AM

Airman Basic

• 204 battles
I am far from an expert, but I believe the idea of BnZ is that, during the dive, you do as much damage as you can before you pull out to maintain energy. Maintaining energy typically takes priority, because that will allow you to keep doing damage.

Zigfreid #4 Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 20141 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Go to the training room it will teach you how to boom/zoom and you can practice with different planes and tiers :izmena:good luck:great:have fun:teethhappy:and get high:tongue:P.S.use standerd  ammo its cheaper:playing:

Wing_Commander_Zero #5 Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:56 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS

The P-36 is a terrible plane in the line probably the worst imo. Altitude is king in this game so you want to try and maintain as much altitude at all times. Don't get target fixation you'll only hinder yourself. I'm by no means an expert but i do decently enough, I've learn from some great BnZ artist they usually will kill a plane in one pass and they never go too low. Try to be always at your optimum altitude or your plane will handle terribly and be much slower. You can keep going to the P-51 D but try out the 109 B that's a better BnZ plane in every aspect for tier4.

PS: Make sure you press the alt button and set it to show at all times.

Edited by Wing_Commander_Zero, 15 March 2014 - 10:57 AM.

KungfuKoala #6 Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1 battle
Don't get too hungry for the kill. In the mustang you are not going to get a kill on the first pass. Usually. If You get to concerned with "making that next kill" and it will make you vulnerable to attack. You need discipline to pull up and (temporarily) disengage to keep you altitude and energy high, even when you have your target down to 5%. One mor dive will get him and if a team member takes him out, no worries, it's a team based game and you will get XP and cash for your efforts. Kills are just for awards. ( bragging rights) . Just my 2 cents.

Also tagged with please, god, help, me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users