World of Warplanes Female Development Staff Share Their Insight

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Content_WG #1 Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:08 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 0 battles
Check out what several of our esteemed female staff members had to say about their journey in the gaming industry!

Full news text

SkywhaleExpress #2 Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:47 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13857 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMercsn, on 11 March 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

Because we need more girls in gaming.  They provide an excellent distraction for my enemies when they get on VOIP.

This!! I can't believe anyone in 2014 would be so sexist as to trashtalk female gamers, online. So silly.

Block Quote

My work is very dependent on specifications. When I inspect aircraft, it must match the specification. Now imagine that the specification is changing every day, and it can get very frustrating. The main challenge is the pursuit of truth. In our game, it is very important that the plane is fully consistent with historical analogues. And when we have only three old photos, for example, that's when the fight for each technical hatch begins.

Someone must have given the wrong specifications... or WG chose to compromise. Mustangs are 11% faster than real spec.. Corsairs slower, and lower altitude performance than they should be... many more issues with that lol.

NDA means just that... NON-DISCLOSURE. Don't ask me about Alpha/CBT.

Eitilt ar aerárthach ionsaí Is cosúil ag eitilt cónra.
Roicéid ... An Cothromóir mór.

dawson112299 #3 Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 7102 battles

View PostRocketSpammer1, on 11 March 2014 - 06:47 PM, said:

Someone must have given the wrong specifications... or WG chose to compromise. Mustangs are 11% faster than real spec.. Corsairs slower, and lower altitude performance than they should be... many more issues with that lol.

I was under the impression that they meant in visual details.

TheMeatHead #4 Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:55 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2025 battles
Women in software development in general, and especially in the gaming industry, is great and deserves to be celebrated.  The company should be proud that it has dedicated and exemplary developers who are women.  That said .... "Female Development Staff" sounds like something different than it is.  Please fix this translation so that I don't think "WarGaming has a sex-education department?" when I load my favorite game.

Edited by TheMeatHead, 12 March 2014 - 12:00 AM.

seekerjuanchis #5 Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:41 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 480 battles
  • [-LL-] -LL-
LOL! look at the blocked comments! haha! I wonder if there is a "constructive" post in the whole forum!... very good looking ladies, smart and creative! good job! 

hobbstrosity #6 Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:28 PM

Content Liaison

• Administrator
  • 43 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostTheMeatHead, on 11 March 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

Women in software development in general, and especially in the gaming industry, is great and deserves to be celebrated.  The company should be proud that it has dedicated and exemplary developers who are women.  That said .... "Female Development Staff" sounds like something different than it is.  Please fix this translation so that I don't think "WarGaming has a sex-education department?" when I load my favorite game.

Ha, made me laugh pretty hard. I couldn't unsee it after you mentioned it. Done.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users