I believe in Dracary’s Recruiting Method (IMHO)

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

F50ACE #21 Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

Boom'N'Zoom rights activist

• Community Ace
  • 8 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO

To the OP,

Your humble opinion aside, this thread has no purpose other than to further entrench players into their respective parties, and it only serves to incite rage and widespread unrest no matter what you intended.

Some general questions:

Are there better players than those in Dracarys? Yes, there are quite a few players who are better than most if not all of those in Drac. The reason they're not with them is: A. they're already in another clan, B. they like flying alone, or C. they don't want to be associated with them.

Does Drac. have good players? Yes, some of the founding members are good pilots whom I respect. Others have lost my respect due to how they presented themselves and acted.

Does this mean Drac. is a bad clan due to some bad players? No, however, they didn't control their players that were acting rash and obnoxious, which gives their clan a bad name.

Is Drac. the "best" of all the clans? No, this isn't set in stone, it's every clan's game to become the best. There will be better clans and players, that can be assured.

Why does Drac. get so much heat and rage? It's because they want to be the "best" and they think the best way is to fly the planes that work best given the current game meta, which means they'll be flying all the OP or best energy-fighting planes in flights. This means that they'll be flying mostly German and US planes.

Is this helpful to the game given the current game population? No, it only serves to run off any newcomers that try grinding up, and it runs off the veteran testers who want to do well in something other than the OP flavor of the month.

Contrary to what some say, there are still planes that are broken and have abnormally good energy retention, yet the devs. don't want to fix that imbalance.

Conclusion:

So, this thread is meaningless since it's already been posted on Drac. clan page, but also it only serves to cause unrest and attract unneeded attention.

This type of thread is something the forum does not need at all given how the game currently is.

Mercsn #22 Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2685 battles

View PostSojo, on 11 March 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

Hello Merscn,

It stemmed from a previous post via; Dracary's Recruiting thread; See below,

Im already in a clan, but noticed this....There are less than 300 people in the entire game that have 55% win rates and many of them have less than 750 battles.. You might want to rethink your requirements. Top clan or not, your requirements are unrealistic given the game population. Good luck with your recruiting. o7

I think a lot of the "omg, stop being full of yourself" and "what's this post about?" bits would have been avoided had you quoted that line at the top of your OP.  I'd recommend doing that for anyone else who visits but just fires off their reply before reading through the thread.

Ah, you already did!  Maybe that will at least give relevance to your post if not stop the hate.  :honoring:

Edited by Mercsn, 11 March 2014 - 08:20 PM.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

SkywhaleExpress #23 Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Hey, last night I was beaten time and again by a Drac flight or two. I was solo grinding my stock IL-40. Did I get flustered and need to take a break? Yeah. Oh well, I came back and won a few more, so it all evened out. 

I just consider it par for the course of flying over nerfed ILs and I get over it. 

P.S. If I was a [edited] in TS last night guys, me sorry!!! 

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

Noreaga #24 Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I did not realize this was already on our page, i would have answered there and not here. Sorry if i added to the flame got enough fuel as it is!

Also, I hope no one gets insulted by my writing style, I am told it comes across as abrasive and i think I'm being polite. Guess I'm just too sarcastic and jaded. 

i have a huge respect for many of you here (even though you shoot me down),

Noreaga 

Nimis obnoxii curare

SkywhaleExpress #25 Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:29 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostNoreaga, on 11 March 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

I did not realize this was already on our page, i would have answered there and not here. Sorry if i added to the flame got enough fuel as it is!

Also, I hope no one gets insulted by my writing style, I am told it comes across as abrasive and i think I'm being polite. Guess I'm just too sarcastic and jaded. 

i have a huge respect for many of you here (even though you shoot me down),

Noreaga

Nah, I don't shoot...

I....

ROCKETSPAM  !!!!!!!!!!!!

ShamuOne.PNG

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

TheMeatHead #26 Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:08 AM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
I vote for Captain_F22Ace.

scipionmk #27 Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
Excellent flight pilots, average solo players, but they do not have X factor to attracts me, moreover they are annoying me. I would like to meet them in the air on one by one match. 

llamb2704 #28 Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

So you take a any sports league and put all the best on the same team?  Do you really have a sport?  Maybe, but can you sell tickets week after week to watch one clubbing after another?  

Sure they're good pilots, their team skills are solid, but can you take an create team on team battles when you have that?  Highly unlikely.

Edited by llamb2704, 12 March 2014 - 06:06 PM.

phlod #29 Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:35 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postllamb2704, on 12 March 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

So you take a any sports league and put all the best on the same team?  Do you really have a sport?  Maybe, but can you sell tickets week after week to watch one clubbing after another?  

Sure they're good pilots, their team skills are solid, but can you take an create team on team battles when you have that?  Highly unlikely.

it's a good point but there will be many more players eventually and more clans.

Mercsn #30 Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:25 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2685 battles

View Postllamb2704, on 12 March 2014 - 01:06 PM, said:

They don't have "all the best".  Further, if you look at their actual requirements, they aren't all that tough.  Play the game a bit, be decent at it and have the desire and willingness to learn to be better at it.  They want players to have a 55% w/r to apply.  I'm sure Fastattack, Rev01lution and their other officers would admit W/R isn't the best metric of overall player performance...which appears to be why that bar is set pretty low.  I have personally taken a 49% w/r player (that I know of) and helped him bring his game up to 55-56% in a short time.  It's a pretty easy mark to hit if a player wishes to improve and is open minded.   

One thing I've liked about the guys in Dracarys is that they are mostly good, but also mostly cool guys.  If you've not spent anytime in teamspeak chit-chatting with or playing with them in game, you won't know this.  All you see is that flight ripping through your team (or "hogging" all the XP if they're on your team). 

Sure they flight up.  Why?  Because we're playing an online, social, TEAM game.  Have any of you ever seen a complaint on the forums about how terrible some random match teamwork is (aka Pub match)??  Being in a flight allows you to add teamwork as part of the game.  Being in a flight of decent guys you get along with makes the game more fun. 

Please keep in mind, the problem isn't good players grouping up in flights, the problem is that the NA population isn't growing enough to dilute the frequency that players encounter such flights.  New players are trying the game, Alpha and Beta testers come back to have another look, but people don't stay.  That convo is a whole other topic and there are several topics open on it currently so I don't want to get into that mess here.  It is worth pointing out, though.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

phlod #31 Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostMercsn, on 12 March 2014 - 04:25 PM, said:

View Postllamb2704, on 12 March 2014 - 01:06 PM, said:

They don't have "all the best".  Further, if you look at their actual requirements, they aren't all that tough.  Play the game a bit, be decent at it and have the desire and willingness to learn to be better at it.  They want players to have a 55% w/r to apply.  I'm sure Fastattack, Rev01lution and their other officers would admit W/R isn't the best metric of overall player performance...which appears to be why that bar is set pretty low.  I have personally taken a 49% w/r player (that I know of) and helped him bring his game up to 55-56% in a short time.  It's a pretty easy mark to hit if a player wishes to improve and is open minded.   

One thing I've liked about the guys in Dracarys is that they are mostly good, but also mostly cool guys.  If you've not spent anytime in teamspeak chit-chatting with or playing with them in game, you won't know this.  All you see is that flight ripping through your team (or "hogging" all the XP if they're on your team). 

Sure they flight up.  Why?  Because we're playing an online, social, TEAM game.  Have any of you ever seen a complaint on the forums about how terrible some random match teamwork is (aka Pub match)??  Being in a flight allows you to add teamwork as part of the game.  Being in a flight of decent guys you get along with makes the game more fun. 

Please keep in mind, the problem isn't good players grouping up in flights, the problem is that the NA population isn't growing enough to dilute the frequency that players encounter such flights.  New players are trying the game, Alpha and Beta testers come back to have another look, but people don't stay.  That convo is a whole other topic and there are several topics open on it currently so I don't want to get into that mess here.  It is worth pointing out, though.

Yep, it's a team game and if players aren't willing to be more social then they will be continually frustrated by the lack of team cohesion/communication.  Also, yes, they are very nice people which is why I choose to fly with them.

Edited by konfuzed, 12 March 2014 - 08:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users