I believe in Dracary’s Recruiting Method (IMHO)

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

SOJO #1 Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostEnlightenU, on 24 February 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

Im already in a clan, but noticed this....There are less than 300 people in the entire game that have 55% win rates and many of them have less than 750 battles.. You might want to rethink your requirements. Top clan or not, your requirements are unrealistic given the game population. Good luck with your recruiting. o7

I believe in Dracary’s Recruiting Method

First and foremost, I’m not a big liberalist point of view kind of guy, I’m more of the old grumpy conservatism realist, maybe because I’m 48 and when I was young not everyone received a Trophy because they participated on a team; even though they came in last place. Things are much different these days, Reader’s Digest version, if you suck, you suck, if you are a poor player, you don’t get on the best team. I know, call me crazy!

Dracarys wants the best player’s period! Let me give you a personnel perspective, some may say, a seasoned perspective as it relates to the genre of Free to Play, hence; the most expense free game I have ever played. But the simple fact is, this isn’t a game, like in checkers or hop scotch, People pay real money and consume an abundance of real life time and energy to excel in World of Warplanes/Tanks, it’s not a game, it’s a hobby, hobbies cost money it’s a recreational investment. When people dedicate themselves to a hobby and a financial investment, they excel in becoming better. I hate to lose, and if you like to lose, and have fun doing it, you’re beyond my comprehension. Don’t mistake arrogance or an over achievers mindset; but if I’m going to invest money, and my personnel time in a hobby, I’m not going to haphazardly play like the town fool and have a 45% or less winning percentage and call it fun.

Dracarys, if I may speak on my own accord, not for the clan or its representatives, but as a member of the Wargaming Community. One thing I have discovered while playing with Dracary members is they want to excel, they want to win, I’m sure they would rather settle for 50 great players then 100 so, so, players. With any organization striving to be the best, it’s a matter of professionalism and excellence. I always quote, “Its Show Time, Not Show Friends. Dracary’s wants to win, it’s not just a high standard for an organization, and it should be your personnel goal. OH, I must be showing my age, apologies.

Don’t belittle a Clan that sets high standards, they (Dracary’s) (IMO) strive for Teamwork, common sense, and a sound tactical mind set. Understand, Leaders of Clans that set high standards for their members, it's those few select individuals that invest tons of personnel time, not having fun playing the game, but utilize most of their time interviewing and recruiting good players, working on strategies, using real money to fund TeamSpeak, Clan Web-site, hours and hours moderating that site, dealing with Public relations, inner clan politics. Do you really expect people that are that dedicated to settle for substandard players, it's a second job for these few individuals, pay them the courtesy and a tip of the hat. They are investing more time at a second job per-se then actually playing it. If I did all that, like most, I demand excellence and would not settle for less, why put all that hard work into an organization (Dracary’s) to be a substandard no name clan. Being good is fun, winning is fun!

I have 30,000 games in World of Tanks, and I’m a pretty good player, but it’s amazing to see the divide between the majority of bad players, and the minority of good ones. Dracarys, via; World of Warplanes wants the Lions of the community, not the sheep. Call it what you will, its reality. i.e.; I’m a Dracary’s Recruit, and hold a 61% winning percentage, that’s a “C” average in regards to their recruiting scale. Leaves room for improvement as far as I’m concerned!

Don’t sniffle due to envy, jealousy, anger, lack of skill, etc. Practice, read the forums! Watch YouTube tutorials. After 3000 games played, and if you still have a 45% win percentage or less, no one’s fault but your own, try a new game. If you play on a recreational basis, you have my respect, but avoid pointing the condescending proverbial finger at others that are dedicated to excellence at their chosen hobby or recreational investment.

Thanks,

SOJO

Edited by Sojo, 11 March 2014 - 06:39 PM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

209 #2 Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
Man I think I'm about to get sick

tahee59 #3 Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22 battles

they are truly an up and coming clan

but  I don't understand the post , they can do what they want to its a game and its there clan

209 #4 Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
The post is what got to me

Noreaga #5 Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:29 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

thanks for this Sojo! Some interesting points and pretty parallel with anyone's train of thought if they are used to and want to be the best. A lot of time and effort went into setting our recruitment limits, the trick of not making it too high so we can't get numbers but its restricting enough that you need to be serious about improvement. When the clan first started, the top clan at the time had a ridiculously high WR limit (still does i think?) and it was felt that created unnecessary division. I do have to say that i am sorry for ever getting annoyed at the potatoe guys and girls for sitting in top tier and stomping everyone trying to grind. I don't remember the anger towards you being as vicious, what a terrible thing to have to deal with, its nice to be able to see how the pot feels.

Thank you for your input and support,

Noreaga

Nimis obnoxii curare

Mercsn #6 Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:01 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2685 battles

I was confused by the OP and then once I thought I had it figured, I got to Noreaga's post and was confused all over again.  Perhaps this is some inside something or other that should have been posted on the Dracary's forum site? 

Maybe it's an ad? 

Maybe it's sarcasm? 

Maybe it's telling noobs to quit being bads so they can play with the cool kids? 

Maybe UFO's abducted the OP and hacked his account to post this cryptic message? 

Maybe it's propaganda in preparation for Dracary's to send troops into our homes to protect us from Fascist enemy game players?!

I just don't know.

:amazed::child::popcorn:

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

SOJO #7 Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostMercsn, on 11 March 2014 - 02:01 PM, said:

I was confused by the OP and then once I thought I had it figured, I got to Noreaga's post and was confused all over again.  Perhaps this is some inside something or other that should have been posted on the Dracary's forum site?

Maybe it's an ad?

Maybe it's sarcasm?

Maybe it's telling noobs to quit being bads so they can play with the cool kids?

Maybe UFO's abducted the OP and hacked his account to post this cryptic message?

Maybe it's propaganda in preparation for Dracary's to send troops into our homes to protect us from Fascist enemy game players?!

I just don't know.

Hello Merscn,

It stemmed from a previous post via; Dracary's Recruiting thread; See below,

View PostEnlightenU, on 24 February 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

Im already in a clan, but noticed this....There are less than 300 people in the entire game that have 55% win rates and many of them have less than 750 battles.. You might want to rethink your requirements. Top clan or not, your requirements are unrealistic given the game population. Good luck with your recruiting. o7

Edited by Sojo, 11 March 2014 - 06:12 PM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

Darcel_Jones #8 Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

• 0 battles

I applied,do not have the numbers needed in T7 aircraft,yet.When I do,I will apply again.

I like the fact that the Dracarys want to only get the best,sure their methods annoy some,but the game ain't about people pleasing.

I also think their strict prerequisites gave me a goal to shoot for in this game,it took me a while to get to 55% WR and +2 K/D ratio,and if I was not working so hard at it,it might not have happened. 

Edited by Darcel_Jones, 11 March 2014 - 06:17 PM.

learpilot #9 Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

• 5 battles
Seriously what was the point of this ?? That your cool ??
OHIO STATE Football isn't a matter of LIFE or DEATH,its much more serious than that.

Rockstone_ #10 Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 5 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
:angry:

Edited by Rockstone08, 11 March 2014 - 10:26 PM.

209 #11 Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
BARFFFFFFFFFF !!!!!!!!!!!!

IllustriousCheeseburger #12 Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO

Oh god, there is so much wrong with this post its outright disgusting...

Not even going to get into it though, because it'd be considered trash talking. :eyesup:

So I'll just say this, if they only took "the best" players into their clan... then there are a lot of people who wouldn't even be members there right now. There are far too many people who I think of as "Ooh, free kill", when I've seen them in game, and alone. There are some who are excellent pilots, who I have a great deal of respect for, and then there are quite a lot of them who are pretty much helpless unless they have two people protecting them.

"Don't worry about me when you see me on the enemy roster. I'm completely harmless."

phlod #13 Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:12 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Well said, Sojo.

Regarding high standards and potential difficulty in recruitment.  I can assure you that Dracarys have no shortage of players and most of them are not only excellent wingmen, but they are friendly people as well; they're not the trolls you think they are.

At the risk of sounding brash... suck it up and learn where you need to improve instead of expecting the world to bend to your lower standard simply because you want instant gratification and a pat on the head.  I fully expect that if my performance falls below the standard set that I would be demoted or removed from the clan.  I would still have friends there, but they shouldn't have to deal with my poor performance in flight for the sake of friendship.

_Lindy_ #14 Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:25 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 202 battles
I will always choose to be a sheep, that way Im never disapointed

datum perficiemus munus

learpilot #15 Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

• 5 battles

View PostSojo, on 11 March 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

I believe in Dracary’s Recruiting Method

First and foremost, I’m not a big liberalist point of view kind of guy, I’m more of the old grumpy conservatism realist, maybe because I’m 48 and when I was young not everyone received a Trophy because they participated on a team; even though they came in last place. Things are much different these days, Reader’s Digest version, if you suck, you suck, if you are a poor player, you don’t get on the best team. I know, call me crazy!

Dracarys wants the best player’s period! Let me give you a personnel perspective, some may say, a seasoned perspective as it relates to the genre of Free to Play, hence; the most expense free game I have ever played. But the simple fact is, this isn’t a game, like in checkers or hop scotch, People pay real money and consume an abundance of real life time and energy to excel in World of Warplanes/Tanks, it’s not a game, it’s a hobby, hobbies cost money it’s a recreational investment. When people dedicate themselves to a hobby and a financial investment, they excel in becoming better. I hate to lose, and if you like to lose, and have fun doing it, you’re beyond my comprehension. Don’t mistake arrogance or an over achievers mindset; but if I’m going to invest money, and my personnel time in a hobby, I’m not going to haphazardly play like the town fool and have a 45% or less winning percentage and call it fun.

Dracarys, if I may speak on my own accord, not for the clan or its representatives, but as a member of the Wargaming Community. One thing I have discovered while playing with Dracary members is they want to excel, they want to win, I’m sure they would rather settle for 50 great players then 100 so, so, players. With any organization striving to be the best, it’s a matter of professionalism and excellence. I always quote, “Its Show Time, Not Show Friends. Dracary’s wants to win, it’s not just a high standard for an organization, and it should be your personnel goal. OH, I must be showing my age, apologies.

Don’t belittle a Clan that sets high standards, they (Dracary’s) (IMO) strive for Teamwork, common sense, and a sound tactical mind set. Understand, Leaders of Clans that set high standards for their members, it's those few select individuals that invest tons of personnel time, not having fun playing the game, but utilize most of their time interviewing and recruiting good players, working on strategies, using real money to fund TeamSpeak, Clan Web-site, hours and hours moderating that site, dealing with Public relations, inner clan politics. Do you really expect people that are that dedicated to settle for substandard players, it's a second job for these few individuals, pay them the courtesy and a tip of the hat. They are investing more time at a second job per-se then actually playing it. If I did all that, like most, I demand excellence and would not settle for less, why put all that hard work into an organization (Dracary’s) to be a substandard no name clan. Being good is fun, winning is fun!

I have 30,000 games in World of Tanks, and I’m a pretty good player, but it’s amazing to see the divide between the majority of bad players, and the minority of good ones. Dracarys, via; World of Warplanes wants the Lions of the community, not the sheep. Call it what you will, its reality. i.e.; I’m a Dracary’s Recruit, and hold a 61% winning percentage, that’s a “C” average in regards to their recruiting scale. Leaves room for improvement as far as I’m concerned!

Don’t sniffle due to envy, jealousy, anger, lack of skill, etc. Practice, read the forums! Watch YouTube tutorials. After 3000 games played, and if you still have a 45% win percentage or less, no one’s fault but your own, try a new game. If you play on a recreational basis, you have my respect, but avoid pointing the condescending proverbial finger at others that are dedicated to excellence at their chosen hobby or recreational investment.

Thanks,

SOJO

[content moderated - non-constructive]

GM/Mod Team

OHIO STATE Football isn't a matter of LIFE or DEATH,its much more serious than that.

Wing_Commander_Zero #16 Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS

View PostMercsn, on 11 March 2014 - 07:01 PM, said:

Maybe it's an ad? 

Maybe it's sarcasm? 

I just don't know.

Maybe it's good old fashion butt kissing in the hopes of getting a Drac invite?

SkywhaleExpress #17 Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:48 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

EnlightenU #18 Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
 This post makes me NOT want to be a part of their clan or any like it.

Edited by EnlightenU, 11 March 2014 - 07:56 PM.

_HeatSeeker_ #19 Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Block Quote

~~ But the simple fact is, this isn’t a game, like in checkers or hop scotch, People pay real money and consume an abundance of real life time and energy to excel in World of Warplanes/Tanks, it’s not a game, it’s a hobby, hobbies cost money it’s a recreational investment.

The simple fact is, this is a game, not a hobby. A hobby is something like wood working or gardening, people pay money and invest real time of they're own free will, but its not required.  

Block Quote

~~I hate to lose, and if you like to lose, and have fun doing it, you’re beyond my comprehension. Don’t mistake arrogance or an over achievers mindset; but if I’m going to invest money, and my personnel time in a hobby, I’m not going to haphazardly play like the town fool and have a 45% or less winning percentage and call it fun.

I hate to lose too, but I don't sit around crying about it and blaming other players, it happens get over it move on. And again nobody is forcing you to spend time or money on this "game"

and it certainly doesn't give you any right to shake a finger at the community and tell people they need to start taking this "game" more seriously because you spend money on it, tough.

If you feel like you investment is being wasted by other people maybe you should look for a hobby you can do on your own, by yourself.

Block Quote

~~Don’t belittle a Clan that sets high standards, they (Dracary’s) (IMO) strive for Teamwork, common sense, and a sound tactical mind set. Understand, Leaders of Clans that set high standards for their members, it's those few select individuals that invest tons of personnel time, not having fun playing the game, but utilize most of their time interviewing and recruiting good players, working on strategies, using real money to fund TeamSpeak, Clan Web-site, hours and hours moderating that site, dealing with Public relations, inner clan politics. Do you really expect people that are that dedicated to settle for substandard players, it's a second job for these few individuals, pay them the courtesy and a tip of the hat. They are investing more time at a second job per-se then actually playing it. If I did all that, like most, I demand excellence and would not settle for less, why put all that hard work into an organization (Dracary’s) to be a substandard no name clan. Being good is fun, winning is fun!

Got no problem with Dracary's they have some really good players, I've flown with some of them and against them and have nothing but respect for them all. But, they chose to start a clan and all the responsibilities that go with it.

Block Quote

~~Don’t sniffle due to envy, jealousy, anger, lack of skill, etc. Practice, read the forums! Watch YouTube tutorials. After 3000 games played, and if you still have a 45% win percentage or less, no one’s fault but your own, try a new game. If you play on a recreational basis, you have my respect, but avoid pointing the condescending proverbial finger at others that are dedicated to excellence at their chosen hobby or recreational investment.

And don't point a condescending finger at those who are here to have fun playing a "game" and don't give a rats behind what they're stats are. You play your way I'll play mine.

Block Quote

~~First and foremost, I’m not a big liberalist point of view kind of guy, I’m more of the old grumpy conservatism realist, maybe because I’m 48

And btw I'm a 49 year old, Republican, gun toting, wingnut and don't really see what difference that makes.

HS:honoring:

SkywhaleExpress #20 Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:03 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostEnlightenU, on 11 March 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

This post makes me NOT want to be a part of their clan or any like it.

What exactly did Dragonzord do to you? 

So they have tough requirements... and? I got 69.x WR and I might not even make the cut. I'm still just an applicant.

Guess what... ? If I don't make the cut, I will still be here tomorrow!!!! 

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users