Tier 8 crossroad

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

FrostyNoid #1 Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles

So, I picked up my Me 262 last night.  I immediately realised that my first goal is getting that airframe so I can upgrade the guns...  Shouldn't be too hard since it is a modest XP cost.  My question is what equipment should I add?  I carried over the gyro from the Z for aiming.  What is recommended?

Now my second question.  I have had the J7W1 for over 100 battles.  Done fair with it.  It is enjoyable as long as I survive the first pass and remain mindful of what is going on ALL around me.  I have over 60k xp on it.  Should I blow it on the Type 5 guns or just push on through to the J7W2?

pyantoryng #2 Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2236 battles

Type 5 gun, not Type 2 gun, is usable on the J7W2. You are doing yourself a disservice and perhaps committing a grievous mistake not to research it from the J7W1 as it is the path to the J7W3 (as the J7W2's tier 10 gun that is the prerequisite to the J7W3 has the Type 5 as prerequisite)...in other words, there's no other way around if you want to reach J7W3. Besides, do you truly want to use that piddly 20mm guns on tier 9 (though I do know at least one player who intentionally stick to 20mm on his J7W1)...

I won't comment on equipments because all I use is gunsight as it's demountable.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Haswell #3 Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Alpha tester
  • 125 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO
Unless you enjoy flying the W2 without the firepower advantage to compensate for your low airspeed... sure.

WoWP Supertest Coordinator (NA Region) - Volunteer

SkywhaleExpress #4 Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Type 5 all the way! J7W2 is lousy with the Type 17. Same shell size, same muzzle velocity equals same damage per shot... but the type 17 overheats much quicker at 100 RPM faster rate of fire. So, consider that fact.

NOW, if you're good at hitting with faster guns, the 17s might work with you. But they still overheat quicker. Which means less time of having guns on the enemy. 

I consider the J7W3 to be trash just because of the type 17, and the fact it isn't much faster and actually performs worse at altitude than the W2.

As for your 262, I'd consider engines first if I were you. Your speed and BnZ energy maintenance are more important than the extra two guns. And, in tournaments, the less weight of just two guns gives that much more speed and turning.

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

FrostyNoid #5 Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles
So I took the advice and invested in the Type 5 guns instead of pushing on through.  After a week of use I got to say I am loving the J7W1 again!  Thanks all! :kamikaze:

Edited by agamemnon75, 12 March 2014 - 01:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users