What's the best mouse?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

J311yfish #21 Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2578 battles
  • [343] 343

I use Razer Deathadder primarily for its shape, and Microsoft Sidewinder X4 primarily for its anti-ghosting and red backlighting.  Macro capability for both is kind of a bonus.

The shape of the Deathadder is similar to the Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000 ($20 cheaper), which is in turn similar to the early Microsoft Intellimouse.

You might also want to think about how you want to set up your flight controls.  I like to have engine boost set to Mouse Button 5 (forward thumb button).

Main tech tree projects:   JAPAN    UNITED KINGDOM  •  UNITED STATES    GERMANY  •  USSR  // aircraft to China

Europe tech tree projects:  ITALY    FRANCE    SWEDEN    Finland (skins•  Poland  •  International  //  Retired projects:  China    Brazil

Historical scenarios:  Spanish Civil War (skins•  Invasion of Poland  •  Winter War  •  Continuation War

Map proposals:   Panama Canal    Great Wall of China    Cliffs of Dover   //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial:  How to ignore forum posts and signatures

BrushWolf #22 Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:33 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostRockstone08, on 01 March 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

I'm curious if more stable and less jerky at times.

I find them more stable and definitely more stable but there is an adjustment period.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Rockstone_ #23 Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 5 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View Post2_Stroke_Johnson, on 01 March 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

Is there a mouse on the market with sharp spikes on the right hand side, to remind me not to grip so hard with my pinkie?

Did any of you gaming-mouse users start with a regular non-gaming mouse and if so, did the switch:

1. significantly improve your performance? 

2. significantly improve your enjoyment of the game?

thanks.

I've used a cheap wireless mouse all through alpha with no real problems. I went to a wired gaming mouse later, and found it better because of the extra programmable buttons which gave me quicker info, and easier control to certain functions during the game.

I don't know if it improved anything except my enjoyment of the game.

In fact my stats were better in alpha then they are now, which  really don't mean a whole lot.:popcorn:

Rockstone_ #24 Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 5 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostBrushWolf, on 01 March 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:

I find them more stable and definitely more stable but there is an adjustment period.

I've been eying a trackball at are local staples $60 bucks Canadian, i may give it a try, being its payday lol.:coin:

WhineMaker #25 Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:37 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

One on left fits my hand better..... :trollface:

A lot depends on the ergonomics of the mouse. Larger sizes tend to fit your hand if you use the "sweaty palm method". A lighter, smaller mouse tends to work well if you use only your fingertips. It all comes down to what feels good to the individual. Best advice, go into a store with a large selection and test them, find one that fits your hand and feels good to you. 

With a "gaming" mouse, you do gain the ability to map individual keystrokes to mouse buttons, allowing for more game play options.

View Postlosttwo, on 12 April 2015 - 04:16 AM, said:

IF OTHERS WOULD FLY THE WAY I TELL THEM TOO.

If ONLY THEY WOULD DO AS I SAY.

2_Stroke_Johnson #26 Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 21 battles

View Postsfprankster, on 01 March 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:

With a "gaming" mouse, you do gain the ability to map individual keystrokes to mouse buttons, allowing for more game play options.

The setup screen lets you map the buttons on your non-gaming mouse as well.

Rockstone_ #27 Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 5 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View Post2_Stroke_Johnson, on 01 March 2014 - 12:01 PM, said:

True, but difference is you have more buttons to play with.

BLACKxDEATH #28 Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:28 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

View Postuncorked, on 01 March 2014 - 03:52 AM, said:

This. Logitech

K800 keyboard and M325 mouse from Amazon.

WalMart and Target also have a few selections

I think I'm gonna try this.
I found it on eBay $12 only.

WhineMaker #29 Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:39 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Post2_Stroke_Johnson, on 01 March 2014 - 12:01 PM, said:

gaming mouse >12 buttons to map

non-gaming mouse <=5 buttons to map

You decide. :popcorn:

View Postlosttwo, on 12 April 2015 - 04:16 AM, said:

IF OTHERS WOULD FLY THE WAY I TELL THEM TOO.

If ONLY THEY WOULD DO AS I SAY.

BrushWolf #30 Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View Postsfprankster, on 01 March 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

gaming mouse >12 buttons to map

non-gaming mouse <=5 buttons to map

You decide. :popcorn:

Well, since I fly with a joystick 4 or five buttons would be perfect for me. Now to find that unicorn like Trackball Explorer clone.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Laserbait #31 Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:05 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 68 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View Post2_Stroke_Johnson, on 01 March 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

Is there a mouse on the market with sharp spikes on the right hand side, to remind me not to grip so hard with my pinkie?

Did any of you gaming-mouse users start with a regular non-gaming mouse and if so, did the switch:

1. significantly improve your performance? 

2. significantly improve your enjoyment of the game?

thanks.

I went from the stock mouse that came with my computer to a razor deathadder.

Maybe a slight improvement in performance and control, nothing huge.

Did not significantly improve my enjoyment of the game. The thing I like most, like others have said is the extra side buttons I control with my thumb.  I use them to increase and decrease the percentage of thrust.

losttwo #32 Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3971 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
I use a 10$ optical mouse from Wally World ( Wal-Mart ) it has a scroll wheel in center. What I want is one of those high tech 50$ game mouses with the 15 or so buttons so I cna really complicate things.

Steelpaw #33 Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:37 PM

Master Sergeant

• 492 battles
Logitech mx518 corded optical mouse; and a Microsoft sidewinderx6 gaming keyboard. Absolutely love them both for any and all games.

J311yfish #34 Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2578 battles
  • [343] 343

Well my Razer Deathadder died, and the replacement they sent me died as well, so I thought I would try something new.  I have been using this mouse (Anker CG100) for about 3 weeks now and I cannot recommend it enough.  What really makes it stand out are the three buttons positioned near the thumb.  Whereas on Deathadder there are two thumb buttons inline (meaning you must cover both to hit one), the CG 100 has 3 buttons positioned at the top edge of a thumb cradle so you can instead just lean your thumb to press one, two, or all three.  They are textured in a way that makes them distinct from each other.  I find that it really helps with Boost, Flaps, Breaks if you are a keyboard/mouse player.  ~$20 cheaper than Deathadder and hard to beat.

Edited by J311yfish, 16 June 2014 - 01:20 PM.

Main tech tree projects:   JAPAN    UNITED KINGDOM  •  UNITED STATES    GERMANY  •  USSR  // aircraft to China

Europe tech tree projects:  ITALY    FRANCE    SWEDEN    Finland (skins•  Poland  •  International  //  Retired projects:  China    Brazil

Historical scenarios:  Spanish Civil War (skins•  Invasion of Poland  •  Winter War  •  Continuation War

Map proposals:   Panama Canal    Great Wall of China    Cliffs of Dover   //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial:  How to ignore forum posts and signatures

SkyWolf__WM #35 Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:46 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7478 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
I'm not a Mousketeer. I use a manly, hell to calibrate, highly inacurate joystick cause it feels like mine... only way bigger.
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

IamJMan999 #36 Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:04 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

I used a quality Logitech laser mouse wireless (about $50) and it worked great for just about everything.... Then I was having issues and found online that there was, and still is some issues with bluetooth wireless items (mostly mouse) which would see lag with USB 3.0 drivers.

So I picked up a Logitech G500s gaming mouse (wired, 70$) and I love it.... First and foremost, You never have to worry about batteries dying, or partially dying while playing. You don't have to worry about any possible interference from RF or Bluetooth signals.

what I like best about the G500 is that it has little weights that you can change, depending oh how heavy you like your mouse to be.. I didn't think much of it till I played with different weights... The G500 also allows you to set your dpi to 5 different setttings which is good because you can set it for different games, desktop/workstation, or even different planes... I find I like to fly super maneuverable planes with slightly less sensitivity, and il's with a lot of sensitivity. The dpi buttons are right on the side of the mouse so I can even switch mid game without having go to settings.

Edited by IamJMan999, 31 May 2014 - 05:04 AM.

WEBEUS #37 Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 72 battles
http://static.bootic...me-3d-pro_2.jpg

Cpt_ZigZag #38 Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [TEE] TEE

View PostCpt_ZigZag, on 01 March 2014 - 07:06 AM, said:

Death Taker gaming mouse is quite good.  

update:  damn thing broke....... recommendation retracted lol.

Pack your own chute. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users